BLACK MAN SHOT WHILE JOGGING IN GEORGIA

Damn this ain't looking good. After some new video evidence, these dudes are going to get off based on some wack citizen arrest law in GA. Looking at some construction site isn't allowed but is pretty normal around here cause most of the time people mind their business.

Citizens arrest for maybe a misdemeanor though?

I wonder how common that is and if there's even a precedent.

My brother-in-law designs homes for a living. Can't tell you how many people have designed their house or used a similar floor plan to somebody else in our area. Those folks have went to under construction houses to look at them.

I appreciate your post fam. This happens all of the time and isn't suspicious behavior.

Yeah I thought sitting in cars at the dealership was a thing too TBH.

Since they don't have a dealership lot full of half built houses, this would be the next best thing IMO.

I don’t call police. Period.

I fully understand this part of what you’ve been saying.

I don’t agree with it in all circumstances, but I fully understand and appreciate this sentiment. Calling the cops for help can often exacerbate the problem and sometimes result in death.

It ties into the idea that certain groups don’t have the luxury of going about life without taking race into account.

I know the guy that was having a hard time comprehending this is still lurking 😊.

Pay attention.

That’s the correct way. Lol. Y’all acting like it’s normal to just go up into random houses.

Based on a lot of the feedback in here, it does seem pretty normal.

Walking around the inside of the outline of a crib for a few minutes isn't squatting or stealing until someone squats or steals.

Obviously mileage gonna vary...but something tells me folks don't usually get prosecuted for walking around in a frame for a min; and certainly not arrested by citizens.

Would be like getting arrested for chatting with a homie outside 7/11 for a minute "loitering."

Based on a lot of the feedback in here, it does seem pretty normal.

Walking around the inside of the outline of a crib for a few minutes isn't squatting or stealing until someone squats or steals.

Obviously mileage gonna vary...but something tells me folks don't usually get prosecuted for walking around in a frame for a min; and certainly not arrested by citizens.

Maybe locality is the difference. Cuz out here that’s a death wish. I know these white people would love to shoot me. Why give them a reason?

Wouldn't be surprised if one of them gets off or they get lesser than deserve.

But to completely get off would be crazy even by the supremely messed up standards of the country and region. GA would probably burn.

This isn't a glitch, It's a feature.

Passes, Permits or Tickets • A slave cannot go alone out of the town or plantation where they live unaccompanied by a white person, or without a letter or ticket signed by the master or person in charge.

• Any white person can apprehend and moderately correct a slave who is without a ticket or pass.

• Any white person who forges a ticket for another person’s slave (property) is fined.

• No more than 7 men slaves can travel high roads together unaccompanied by a white person.

I’ll admit I didn’t know walking in random houses under construction was normal. Apparently it is and many NTers have done it.
The topic being re-framed into whether or not it's normal to walk into unfinished houses is unfortunate. I don't see the relevancy in doing this

If there was an imminent threat to another person's well-being, ok sure, investigate and be vigil. That's about the only circumstance I can accept in following the man with shotguns

That’s the correct way. Lol. Y’all acting like it’s normal to just go up into random houses.

I don’t get into random cars.

Of course in a lot. Sometimes, I go to the dealership on the weekend when it closed and take a look inside. I see people do it all the time.

Better yet, have you not seen a 'FOR SALE' on a car in someone's yard/parking lot. Pull up, get out and look into the car; pull on the door handle to see if you can get inside.

Bottom line, it's in a community/subdivision, how do you know if that house doesn't belong to them or not?

Doesn't give you the warrant anyone to chase me down in a car and take a person's life over.

Careless on my part perhaps because I thought it was normal, I see people do it all the time .

It ties into the idea that certain groups don’t have the luxury of going about life without taking race into account.

I know the guy that was having a hard time comprehending this is still lurking 😊
Who? Literally no one said that.

'Going about life like race doesn't matter' isn't even close to what I said to you via PM, but you already said that you don't want to talk about that with me. So we're not.

But if we're not talking about it, then we're not talking about it. That's better for the thread anyways, for obvious reasons.

If the discussion in the thread is something I didn't say that you're PRETTY sure is true, why even discuss that in the thread? Off topic.

"Peace"...

Lol, what???

It’s too early in the day to be that drunk.

please go back to lurking. We were doing just fine here and everything I said was 100% on-topic.

Your efforts to get us off topic with your long winded defensive replies aren’t going to work.

Of course in a lot. Sometimes, I go to the dealership on the weekend when it closed and take a look inside. I see people do it all the time.

Better yet, have you not seen a 'FOR SALE' on a car in someone's yard/parking lot. Pull up, get out and look into the car; pull on the door handle to see if you can get inside.

Bottom line, it's in a community/subdivision, how do you know if that house doesn't belong to them or not?

Doesn't give you the warrant anyone to chase me down in a car and take a person's life over.

Careless on my part perhaps because I thought it was normal, I see people do it all the time .

Idk man. Maybe it’s that my own personal experiences that have shaped my outlook that’s not letting me see what you’re seeing.

I’ve done my own fair share of dirt coming up so maybe that plays a part in my own vigilance.

I’ve also been victimized when I’ve done nothing wrong.

So I see both sides. I’ve been a criminal and I’ve been a victim.

So that keeps me from doing certain stuff but also influences other behavior for me.

I’m not going to just go up to random whips and houses, but at the same time I’m not about to let anyone run up on me & mines.

The topic being re-framed into whether or not it's normal to walk into unfinished houses is unfortunate. I don't see the relevancy in doing this

If there was an imminent threat to another person's well-being, ok sure, investigate and be vigil. That's about the only circumstance I can accept in following the man with shotguns

ur right. Nothing excuses what happened and the hillbillies need to be brought to justice. I was just saying that I Legit did not know that it’s a normal occurrence for people to walk into houses under construction. The way my brain works it’s the exact opposite I see some construction sight or house being built I’m walking AWAY from that ****.

I think the folks debating the narrative that "he went into the house" are missing something.

If he was white, would this have happened?

If he was white, would we be discussing houses?

If he was white, and black people murdered him, would we be talking about "citizens arrest"?

SRS - I want to know.

People walk into unfinished homes all the time and look at the floor plan.

If you've never lived in a new community with new development then you may have never experienced this.

In the past when out looking at homes me and my family have walked in and looked around in homes that were completely finished but they were unoccupied, and the doors were unlocked SO PEOPLE COULD WALK INSIDE AND LOOK AT THEM.

Back
Top Bottom