Black guy hair cuts

So you come to conclusion because only YOU cool why growing you dreads hmmmmmm NT logic

Last edited:
I have a great natural hairline, but my sides are lookin terrible.
I'm on target to flourish in the summer though so that's good.

2 Questions:

1. Is there away to prepare your waves while you grow your hair out?
So that when I eventually cut it my waves are there.

2. Is excessive moisture bad for your hair or is it just the greasy feeling
that is lamented?

1. Just brush your hair and wear a Durag while your hair grows. Wolfing is the best way to get waves.

2. I don't know but I doubt it's bad for your hair. Don't walk around looking like you got soul glo in ya **** tho fam

Finally cutting the curly fro after having it for over a year. Ready to get the waves back although it'll be a long process. Tired of maintaining this fro though...

Finally cutting the curly fro after having it for over a year. Ready to get the waves back although it'll be a long process. Tired of maintaining this fro though...
I've done this 3 Times with my Curly Hi-Top since about 2010... felt the same way, but always end up coming back. Lol

Last edited:
Thinking about cuting my sponged high top too. Haircuts dont last long enough and im trying to grow a beard at the same time. Gotta give up one.

Stopped doing the sponge thing a while ago, got the twist/Twist out mohawk going. Much less maintenance while still looking fresh.

I'm still Sponging Daily. Best Addition to my Hair Routine I can recall.

I keep a Sponge in the Whip. All it takes is about 10-15 Sec's for my whole crown to be popping... I don't call that maintenance. Lol

Not Sponging for me is like Not putting on Cologne before I leave... it's not the worst thing in the world, but I know I'm not at my Best.
pimp.gif

What shampoo and conditioners are you dudes with waves using? :nerd:

Trying to get that sulfate free stuff going.

question... got my hair cut early in the day to a level 3 with a fade all around..now i think i want it lower... i have the correct guard and a good set of clippers. do i have to worry about the fade if i just go all over and lower the length to a 2 1/2?

question... got my hair cut early in the day to a level 3 with a fade all around..now i think i want it lower... i have the correct guard and a good set of clippers. do i have to worry about the fade if i just go all over and lower the length to a 2 1/2?
no you should be fine as long as you're only lowering the bulk up top & it's already faded up to a 3

What kinda clippers y'all use? I'm planning on going to get some tonight after work and I'm trying to get an idea. I'm mainly going to be doing low cut ceasers. Also wanna do line ups too.

I've been using Cantu products after they were recommended in here a little while back. My joint was thinning on the top due to being reckless with my products but I'm seeing huge improvements now. Shampooing less and conditioning often is the key. Felt like I was losing my colors like the homies in Fat Albert movie :rofl:

Just spur of the moment (kinda) chopped off my hi-top I hadn't touched in a year+.

I feel naked. My head looks weird. **** this ****.

Back
Top Bottom