Black guy hair cuts

The Caesar was implemented by slave owners...the first slaves wore braids which was a symbol of strength...the fist slave wrangles gave them Caesars out of fear.

...Ironic, it's widely ACCEPTED in the workplace today.
weebey.gif

The Caesar was implemented by slave owners...the first slaves wore braids which was a symbol of strength...the fist slave wrangles gave them Caesars out of fear.

...Ironic, it's widely ACCEPTED in the workplace today.
thats not ironic at all tho. . . . . 

Anyone got the low curly fro or curly hair in general?....what do y'all use to bring them out/keep them looking good?

If I push my waves backwards I get some nice curls but they're kinda rough. I'm trying to get that John Legend curly baby fro poppin.

Since my junior year of college I've stuck with the dark caesar and haven't looked back. I have curly hair naturally due to my Indian blood, but found it to be too difficult to maintain and plus its just not a good look professionally unless you're in a field that's not traditional. The downside is that I've been cutting my hair this way for so long now (about five years), that it takes forever for my hair to grow the way it used to.

EDIT: My hair is also very soft in its natural state and very hard to style.

Last edited:
l.jpg

^^^ or a wavy caesar, afro, temp fade, or curly hair (w/ assistance of gel) is plenty variation for me

Anyone got the low curly fro or curly hair in general?....what do y'all use to bring them out/keep them looking good?

If I push my waves backwards I get some nice curls but they're kinda rough. I'm trying to get that John Legend curly baby fro poppin.
Don't know what you're talking about as far as John Legend or whatever . . . but this helps me get curly hair and i'm a pretty nappy dude lol

images

This one gets me curly but I have to add mad water for them not to get dry and just look like peasiness lol

34445563-260x260-0-0_La+Bella+La+Bella+Gel+Style+22oz+Lots+of+Curls+Ext.jpg

supposedly this has more moisture, but i've never tried it because i can't find it locally . . . i would look into the second one tho

WHAT DO I CALL THE HAIRCUT ON THE RIGHT??

Sooo i ALWAYS try to get this cut but the barbers never get it right out here in my side of BK, because i believe as soon as you say "fade" it becomes a taper, which i cant stand...i dont want the sides cut to my skin, jsut want it slightly lower than the rest of my head...

When I went to my jamaican black barber in harlem, he'd get it right. Down here they neevr get it perfect, even with showing them the pic lol :lol: c'mon son...
ps: thats daniel sturridge btw, he's had soem wild cuts in his days, including his current medium-high-top-s-curl fade thingy...this pic is from last year.

edit:
We have VERY identical headshape and hairline...better view:

Last edited:
Thats called a taper fade.

Not all barbers execute tapers the same. Its really something you have to experiment with different barbers for.

My barber does them pretty good, by my boy tapes me up even better than my barber does. But then again, my boy went to barber school so he's technically a barber as well.

WHAT DO I CALL THE HAIRCUT ON THE RIGHT??

Sooo i ALWAYS try to get this cut but the barbers never get it right out here in my side of BK, because i believe as soon as you say "fade" it becomes a taper, which i cant stand...i dont want the sides cut to my skin, jsut want it slightly lower than the rest of my head...

When I went to my jamaican black barber in harlem, he'd get it right. Down here they neevr get it perfect, even with showing them the pic lol :lol: c'mon son...
ps: thats daniel sturridge btw, he's had soem wild cuts in his days, including his current medium-high-top-s-curl fade thingy...this pic is from last year.

edit:
We have VERY identical headshape and hairline...better view:

Low fade, or high taper depending on the region.

Not all barbers execute tapers the same. Its really something you have to experiment with different barbers for.

My barber does them pretty good, by my boy tapes me up even better than my barber does. But then again, my boy went to barber school so he's technically a barber as well.

high taper...

Taper with a 2 on the top.

Thanks fam...howeveer, any time I say taper OR fade it ends up more like this:

Now, I know its VERY similar...but I want my sideburns to continue, not to just e shaved off. I want the whoel nappy line to be there on the sides, just slightly shorter than the 2 height on top. 3 different barbers here did it that Dominican taper way (just my neighborhood). I feel like the one I was asking for is a black thing lol. I was told to ask for a low blowout...did that and it came out the same way still.

Eh.:nerd:

I'm lost ... A blowout is a low tapered afro. The face is separate and barbers don't touch it unless you ask and it's usually more.
Are you asking about a goatee? They just clean shave it or give you a pencil thin.

Had braids for around 6-7 years, before I chopped them off and rocked a Weeknd-esque haircut for a year (Combed out hightop with a peak in the center and a fade on the sides going back into a v-shaped mohawk. Sounds ridiculous, but it looked dope), before finally settling into the normal dark caesar with a classic Nas half-crescent moon part thrown in for flair.

Picture of The Weeknd's old cut for an idea of what I had:

My hair was a little longer than this, and curlier with a thinner texture.

Of course, the classic Nas cut:

My waves have almost fully 360'd (the back man :smh:, not using a durag comes with a price) and might be a little deeper than this on top. Decided not to do the fade.

hay guise, I'm not black but I have very long hair... wish I had a bish to braid my hair everyday :wow:

high taper...

Taper with a 2 on the top.

Thanks fam...howeveer, any time I say taper OR fade it ends up more like this:

Now, I know its VERY similar...but I want my sideburns to continue, not to just e shaved off. I want the whoel nappy line to be there on the sides, just slightly shorter than the 2 height on top. 3 different barbers here did it that Dominican taper way (just my neighborhood). I feel like the one I was asking for is a black thing lol. I was told to ask for a low blowout...did that and it came out the same way still.

Eh.:nerd:

Sounds like a light taper. Or a shapeup a week after the taper.

Last edited:
Every barber/region is almost always different, just bring the picture in slap that ***** on the table an be like THAT ONE, then ask him what he would call it

I'm lost ... A blowout is a low tapered afro. The face is separate and barbers don't touch it unless you ask and it's usually more.
Are you asking about a goatee? They just clean shave it or give you a pencil thin.

no reference to facial hair, i'm just talking about the haircut. I understand what a blowout is, my point is how do I explain the cut I want (darksknined daniel sutrridge pic) vs THAT kind of taper fade (the pic of the lightskin dude), which is what they always end up doing. I then referred to the sideburns because in the lightskin dude's pic its basically eliminated since the cut goes to skin on the sides. whereas in the other pic its just goes from light to dark with the hairline still intact down the sides to sideburns (thin thick whatever they may be)

edit:
for reference sake...do these haircuts not get the same name at times?

Sounds like a light taper. Or a shapeup a week after the taper.

:lol: but yeah think I'll try the taper fade and line it up a week later after some growth i suppose...thanks

Last edited:
Your barber is giving you a skin fade on the sides instead of a taper(ed fade).

That's why your side burns are gone cause hes taking it down to the skin.

He's gotta use different guards to keep your hair higher.

Might wanna try a different barber.

just ask for a taper fade and tell him not to cut so low

i was gonna say it was a temp fade . . . . no barber has ever given me a bald temp fade . . .

Back
Top Bottom