Black Culture Discussion Thread

Wrong. That's like saying elvis wasn't thieving our culture bc he was a singer not an exec. Iggy is playing a part, profiting by copycatting our styles & vernacular, that's not her in her raps. She's a vulture just like the execs that put the machine behind her. No other way around it.

Iggy don't even write her own raps. She's a label creation.

How do y'all feel about Riff Raff? Dude seems like a massive parody of black people to me.

Wrong. That's like saying elvis wasn't thieving our culture bc he was a singer not an exec. Iggy is playing a part, profiting by copycatting our styles & vernacular, that's not her in her raps. She's a vulture just like the execs that put the machine behind her. No other way around it.

So ppl cant be influenced anymore

Influence and copying are two different things...Eminem...g-easy..action bronson..etc are influence and create great music. They are not gimmicks and respect the culture.

Seems like you just like there music more than iggy is the reason why you're giving them a pass

Eminem was a industry pawn whether you wanna believe it or not

The same with vanilla but he was too much like hammer so there was no longevity in it

Seems like you just like there music more than iggy is the reason why you're giving them a pass

Eminem was a industry pawn whether you wanna believe it or not

The same with vanilla but he was too much like hammer so there was no longevity in it
lol honestly i dont care for eminem but i know for sure he put in work for hiphop and understands and respects the culture....he even talks about in the song white america. I am def aware that he was also an industry pawn esp with that second album.

Lets see:

Britney Spears type pop music early on. **** wasn't jumping so she just magically changes her style.

Makes racial remarks about a group of people who's music she's profiting from.

*** shots and all of a sudden she's talking like a black southern woman.

Don't see why I should be defending her.

Lets see:

Britney Spears type pop music early on. **** wasn't jumping so she just magically changes her style.

Makes racial remarks about a group of people who's music she's profiting from.

*** shots and all of a sudden she's talking like a black southern woman.

Don't see why I should be defending her.

What banks told 50?

Eminem has acknowledged on several occasions that he wouldn't have maybe reached his amazing success if he wasn't white.... However that doesn't take away from his enormous skill level. Maybe he wouldn't have diamond albums but Eminem due to his skill & work ethic would still be highly decorated with or without the push of a white agenda.

Iggy on the other hand would be nowhere to be found. Also what pisses people off about Iggy is her lack of acknowledgement of her privilege, she stated that other rappers aren't there because they didn't work as hard, or because of their attitude. she keeps the typical nonchalant attitude that many idiots have in this country and refuses to acknowledge that they have an advantage simply based on skin color. She acts oblivious to it & she needs to understand that.

I don't have a personal problem with Macklemore because he seems to understand this simple concept, and he also does a music in his own lane, about his own life.

Last edited:
Eminem has acknowledged on several occasions that he wouldn't have maybe reached his amazing success if he wasn't right.... However that doesn't take away from his enormous skill level. Maybe he wouldn't have diamond albums but Eminem due to his skill & work ethic would still be highly decorated with or without the push of a white agenda.

Iggy on the other hand would be nowhere to be found. Also what pisses people off about Iggy is her lack of acknowledgement in her privilege, she stated that other rappers aren't there because they didn't work as hard, or because they of their attitude. she keeps the typical nonchalant attitude that many idiots have in this country and refuse to acknowledge that they have an advantage simply based on skin color. She acts oblivious to it & she needs to understand that.

I don't have a personal problem with Macklemore because he seems to understand this simple concept, and he also does a music in his own lane, about his own life.
THIS!!!

So what yall saying TI signed her because shes attractive and just told her to rap?

So what yall saying TI signed her because shes attractive and just told her to rap?

who said she was attractive?

A LARGE chunk of NT before she blew up. Typical NT.

That just proves my point even further. Ti just met a chick from Australia and said, "imma give you a deal"?

How do you know how she got on?

T.I signed her for a check, She took a long time to start up, but he kept going with it because he knew that an attractive white woman was a gimmick that would eventually catch on with the masses. The girl was being touted by legit modeling agencies, add the cosign from a Hiphop heavyweight.... and A lot of marketing dollars & we now have Iggy Azelia.

By all means he's allowed to make that money on his investment, but don't sit here and act as if she hasn't mimicked black culture to further her career. Don't act like you have some kind of talent which is furthering the culture. I understand he ain't tryna **** up his money, so just don't comment. But to defend it is ridiculous to me.

A LARGE chunk of NT before she blew up. Typical NT.

That just proves my point even further. Ti just met a chick from Australia and said, "imma give you a deal"?

How do you know how she got on?

Then say shes trying to sound like a southern black girl for her reason for being a pop star :smh:

T.I signed her for a check, She took a long time to start up, but he kept going with it because he knew that an attractive white woman was a gimmick that would eventually catch on with the masses. The girl was being touted by legit modeling agencies, add the cosign from a Hiphop heavyweight.... and A lot of marketing dollars & we now have Iggy Azelia.

By all means he's allowed to make that money on his investment, but don't sit here and act as if she hasn't mimicked black culture to further her career. Don't act like you have some kind of talent which is furthering the culture. I understand he ain't tryna **** up his money, so just don't comment. But to defend it is ridiculous to me.

I dont know. I aint know that *** 10 years ago.

I cant say anything about what type of culture shes mimicking, and neither can yall.

Yall do know hip hop is pretty big outside the US. If a Chinese kid that moved to the states that loved hip hop and idolized rappers, you really gonna get mad at him for trying to be what he though was cool?

I cant say anything about what type of culture shes mimicking, and neither can yall.

Yall do know hip hop is pretty big outside the US. If a Chinese kid that moved to the states that loved hip hop and idolized rappers, you really gonna get mad at him for trying to be what he though was cool?
not if he respects it

People always tryna bring up the "wait so if he isn't black, he can't rap?" bs.

Influence and copying are two different things...Eminem...g-easy..action bronson..etc are influence and create great music. They are not gimmicks and respect the culture.

I wanna know how many relevant black rappers today are actually helping further the culture?

Atleast ti is promoting a successful white female rapper which has never been done before, if kreashawn & v nasty was still relevant yall would be calling them a culture vulture too even tho them chicks actually grew up in the hood

Back
Top Bottom