big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

They only play the remix, everywhere I go. If i go somewhere they skip his first verse. On the radio they skip Kendrick's first verse, go straight to Jay before Kendrick comes on they go to a new song. I'm lying? Ask funk flex why he does it then. And he has done it on MANY nights.
THIS. im not saying in any form did Hov kill Kendrick, nor am I saying that the remix is a better version than the original..but its plain foolish to not acknowlegde two things...one being that Hov's remix is damn near universally played as if its the original record, and two, Kendrick clearly added his second verse after Hov sent his in. 

Son wasn't even tryna let the hook play out after Jay...got right into it. 
laugh.gif

*sidenote,Cats kill me when they act like if Jay isn't lyrical perfection...he is trash.

Most remix songs that include big features get universally played like its the original. Like when the remix for Bone Crusher Neva Scared dropped.

Most remix songs that include big features get universally played like its the original. Like when the remix for Bone Crusher Neva Scared dropped.
thats all im saying, Jay made "his" version "everybody's" version. and alot of it had to do with his verse being good on top of Kendrick delivering as well. I mean, when he dropped that garbage A Milli remix, nobody(i hope) played that **** twice.

and as for this whole Control thing.....im pretty sure that as dope as Kendrick's verse was, majority of those he called out...gave not one ****. unfortunately for Hip-Hop, there is way too much money in being mediocre.one of the only art forms I can think of where lack of talent is praised. And for many of these guys, they come from nothing, so the money is much more important that the competition. 
ohwell.gif

random as hell but, for my basketball heads, Sebastian Telfair was a perfect example of this dilemma. He was really good, huge potential, however rather than developing his game in college and competing, he opted to go to the NBA premature chasing checks. Not hard to understand considering he was living in the projects of Coney Island with like, 10 family members.

look at me rambling and ****....
mean.gif

Last edited:
A lot of you dudes are sad just now hearing that Lil B Joe Budden diss and gushing over it for a good bulk of this thread :lol: :smh: I mean damn, it was funny but it really has nothing to do with why Budden isn't really cared for now. Some of them comments got me thinking yall dudes are brand new to hip hop.

Papoose calling out Kendrick and Drake

"you only blew up because you contribute to the feminization of the black man" - Papoose

Last edited:
Dudes in here still making jokes not talking about the MUSIC. And they wonder why the music forum fell off smh.

Thoughts on the Pap response? And please no he's irrelevant doesnt matter bs.

Not even gonna click play on that....
Dudes in here still making jokes not talking about the MUSIC. And they wonder why the music forum fell off smh.

But you see at some point the line has to be drawn about who's responses to this deserve attention. We wouldn't sit here and discuss a Control response made by some dude in his basement would we? Coincidentally that's all papoose is, so why should we listen to it? If we're going to talk about Papoose in here we might as well scour Soundcloud and post every freestyle over this beat that exists.

Last edited:
that Pap response gonna be the best NY reply.. of course he's irrelevant but it was pretty good

Game is gonna have 150 bars out by midnight

Real talk if u think that Lil B diss is hot I can't help but laugh, I'm just imagining one of my boys like yo this dude killed Buddens and then proceeds to play that :lol:. I'd never let him hear the end of it, straight jokes all day because that's the definition of hot garbage and I'm actually starting to warm up to lil b. I DL chasing the rain I thought it was smooth and he flowed nicely over that soulful beat but tha Buddens diss is all over the place and sounds terrible.

That's why there's reality, and then there's the internet and there's a big separation in the two.

that Pap response gonna be the best NY reply.. of course he's irrelevant but it was pretty good

Game is gonna have 150 bars out by midnight
i don't think its that ppl are misinterpreting it.
first off, just my opinion but i feel like kendrick knew how it would be taken. secondly, KONY shouldn't be flipped -just say that you're nice. he's from cali. its the principle of the matter. it wasn't meant as a diss or a slight but it shouldn't have been said. third, he called everybody out so he should get a response by everybody.

he basically said if you weren't named you're irrelevant and if you were named he's going after your base. so all these ppl saying so and so shouldn't drop a response don't "get it."

its all comp. the disses from some of the responses aren't that serious. he asked for it.

Not even gonna click play on that....

But you see at some point the line has to be drawn about who's responses to this deserve attention. We wouldn't sit here and discuss a Control response made by some dude in his basement would we? Coincidentally that's all papoose is, so why should we listen to it? If we're going to talk about Papoose in here we might as well scour Soundcloud and post every freestyle over this beat that exists.

I think you're going too far with that Papoose is irrelevant commercially but he's a known lyricist and although his album flopped he actually released an album so he's much more than some dude in his basement.

You don't wanna hear it fine but don't paint Pap as some nobody on YouTube or something because he's lame to you, plenty of people are aware of his skills...he can go in lyrically.

View media item 541230
LOL I actually rapped this out in 2chainz voice in my head.
This thread is full of laughs and mis-directions.
I listened to SLR 2 and it was pure trash but just the potential Lupe is showing, gives me hope he is coming back into his own...but why is dude so angry but he let a 17 year old punk him like that.. I would have whether seen him put Chief Keef to sleep then what he is doing now...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom