Between Microsoft and Sony, who won the console war this generation?

games are made for the xbox, then ported to the ps3

therefore, xbox > ps3.

Well in that case then the PS4 should dominate because its already been reported that Sony learned a lot from the ps3 and the ps4 is SIGNIFICANTLY easier to develop than the new xbox.

I myself have had both. My first xbox crapped out pretty much, then got stolen so I bought a PS3. After that crapped out, I considered going back to MS, but realized I just liked the PS3 better.

I'm not a big online gamer so the $60 bucks really isn't worth it to me. I more enjoy playing action/adventure games. I also watch a TON of blu ray movies. So for me, the PS3 was a no brainer.

I also think the action adventure games on PS3 DOMINATE the xbox's. I've never played anything on XBOX that was an exclusive that is/was better than God of War, Metal Gear or Uncharted.

I do miss the OG Xbox though. I LOVED that machine. It was so open and a head of its time.

I actually was one of the only ones that loved the OG controller too. It just fit my hands perfect.

You only have a 1.2% chance of getting a YLOD, though. If you got one, then I honestly feel bad for you.

Yeah I've heard more die due to over heating. Thats what happened to mine. I got it fixed for 60 bucks, but same thing happened a few months later. I later read that the fix is just a temp job, and it pretty much means your ps3 is done.

Luckily GameStop was running an extra $75 trade in credit for PS3s so even with the broken PS3 I still got like 150-200 bucks for it.

I always liked the 360 better, the controller was more ergonomic for me. Yes, I play a lot of online so I'm not a casual. I'm definitely not going to cop the next gen consoles till waaaay later though cause that **** is always overpriced

Yes, I use the browser on my PS3. Streaming Naruto in HD >>>>> *
Did they update the browser for the ps3? I haven't used the browser in maybe a year and thought that it was absolute crap. Maybe I need to check it out again.

I'm still mad at Sony for my previous ps3 breaking down on me. I downloaded a firmware update then my console stopped working. No problems yet with my Slim.

I play PS3 and like it better, but 360 definitely won.

All the kids these days have 360. 

This pretty much sums it up, I feel the same way. Thread title asks who won the war, not necessarily which console is better for you or your prefence...that wasn't what i was asking lol...

but I have a feeling that Sony will be dominating the next console generation.

Last edited:
So when will Xbox people quit acting like ps+ doesn't exist?
because PS+ still doesn't give you party chat, cross game chat, or even play your own music while playing

PS+ reminds me of one of those coupon books with deals for tons of things, I know there's really TONS of content for it, but i still feel like its you pay for discounts and "free" games

Last edited:
I dont know a single person who pays for it and why should they? Standard PSN already lets them play online so they couldnt care less about anything else

Last edited:
Hardware wise it's still to close to call. Even with the year head start the 360 is only a few systems sold in front of the PS3.

I agree with bamez, PS plus makes live look like a joke

I've been contemplating getting Playstation Plus(free games?!? :wow: :pimp:).

Is it worth it?

[QUOTE url="/t/525349/between-microsoft-and-sony-who-won-the-console-war-this-generation/90#post_17206394"]

I dont know a single person who pays for it and why should they? Standard PSN already lets them play online so they couldnt care less about anything else
[/quote]

Yeah brah tell me when Microsoft has given you anything for free

Xbox without a doubt.

PS3 online is only free because it BLOWS.

[QUOTE url="/t/525349/between-microsoft-and-sony-who-won-the-console-war-this-generation/100_20#post_17206394"]
because PS+ still doesn't give you party chat, cross game chat, or even play your own music while playing

PS+ reminds me of one of those coupon books with deals for tons of things, I know there's really TONS of content for it, but i still feel like its you pay for discounts and "free" games
[/quote]

Paying $3 a month for games that are in stores for $50 is bad? You could own a ps3 and never have to pay for a single game. While Microsoft makes you pay $5 a month too play online and access stuff like Netflix which you already pay $7 a month for. And you still ain't getting no free games or discounts. Just advertisements thrown in your face.

Paying $3 a month for games that are in stores for $50 is bad? You could own a ps3 and never have to pay for a single game. While Microsoft makes you pay $5 a month too play online and access stuff like Netflix which you already pay $7 a month for. And you still ain't getting no free games or discounts. Just advertisements thrown in your face.
This is all true, but outside of the Resident Evil offering, I've never been interested in any games that PS+ was giving out for free. Maybe I havent been playing close enough attention to get a steal but its always games that are meh. Its a great feature though

true, didn't know how cheap PS+ was, but I still wouldn't get it, at least not with Cox as an internet provider.

THat power boost thing they advertise doesn't download files it thinks you don't need, so the 2 times i've tried downloading full PS3 games, i gotta wait the 4 hours to download it just for it to tell me its corrupted. 
tired.gif

MS. They got two consoles in the game if you count pc as a kind of hybrid console.

The ps3 has better features imho.

Ha!!! Winner. Confidential Mission, Crazy Taxi, Power Stone and Sonic
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Sony killed that joint off tho.

Ok I'm not a hardcore gamer so I'm gonna speak on how I see things.

1. The developers were backing 360 way harder because M$ was paying them more.

2. Sony's exclusives blow 360's out the water as mentioned before.

3. The game I play online the most is COD. My friends convinced me to buy it on 360 and now we get kicked out the lobby every 5 games because the servers ******g suck.

4. Why do I need to talk to someone that's playing another game? Shouldn't I be focusing on the game I'm playing?

5. Every Xbox comes with a headset yet nobody uses them unless your on their friends list.

6. The browser on PS3 is way better.

7. Xbox live is just overrated. Its cool at first but honestly I don't use any of that stuff.

8. Neither controller is better one is just bigger than the other.

Ps3> 360 yes I own both.

1. That's a straight up misrepresentation of the truth. Developers said MS was way more supportive than Sony at the being of this generation. And the Xbox is easier to develop for because Sony was so arrogant that they thought developers should have felt privileged to even be developing for the PS3 so they made the PS3 a headache to code. Sony shot themselves in the foot repeatedly but have made things better in recent years. Devs now commend them but they throw money at devs for exclusive content just like MS

2. That's subjective. MS best I believe beats Sony's best but Sony has had more content in recent years so people give them Sony edge. MS also has a much better line up of downloadable games on XBLA than Sony. So that should be taken into consideration

3. That's straight up BS you making up to make Xbox look bad. That rarely happens

4. Weak *** excuse for not needing cross game chat.

5. Tons of people use headsets to play online and communicate with their team. Why do you think headsets are one of the best selling peripherals for gaming. People use the headset. Another weak excuse for Sony not including a feature

6. Ok true. But who the hell browses the internet on their console for long periods for than to be an issue. But hey, I guess, for the one who do

7. XBL is not overrated in my opinion, I just think PSN has caught up to the point where the premium for the superior service (XBL) might not be worth it.

8. BS, Xbox's controller is better. It is ergonomic, and has triggers. The D-pad is horrible on older controllers but the only people that prefer the PS3 controller are fanboys and dudes who are used to the feel.

And dudes never want to point out the that Sony has been taking away features from the box since launch. Backwards capability :nerd:

It really is a toss up in my opinion. Sony has its strengths MS has theirs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom