Between Microsoft and Sony, who won the console war this generation?

People need to stop carrying on like XBL is expensive its $35 a year now, PSN is free, but its terrible in comparison.

This, some of y'all are complaining about the price yet go on to spend $150+ on one pair of shoes. This is a year of service you're getting for a little less than $3 a month, if you get a 12 month for $35.

Orginal XBOX giant controller was so bad. 360 one I like, but personally I prefer PS3 as I've been used to it for over a decade now, from PS1 > 2 > 3
Anyways at end of day Nintendo has been winning this generation forever. But since they are pushing their new console and PS3/360 have been closing the game for a while now, at end of it all one or both of them might pass them.

As said earlier it should only be about the games. I have both and I honestly can not remember the last time a game only for Xbox came out not named Halo,Forza or Gears. I only use my 360 for shooters, nothing else, shooters that I could buy on PS3 if I wanted to. For that reason Sony won imo. Paying for XBl isn't a big problem really but if I'm already paying for something I dont want a million ads on my tv....

Last edited:
Having both for years it's kind of tough. I only buy games for the PS3 if they are exclusives. If a game comes out for both systems I'm buying it on 360 because I honestly think the graphics are better. The main reason I like the PS3 is for streaming movies, downloading, etc.I haven't bought one damn blu ray since I've had it so it was never a big deal to me. As many have stated I just don't think PS3 reached its potential and they never really did much to innovate aside from making the console smaller every year lol and that browser is still :x I'll go with microsoft for the winner.

Last edited:
another question, do yall really use the browsers on these things?

the browser on the ps3 seems like a pain to me the few times i've actually messed with it.

ps3 not having hbogo or xfinity is another huge negative for me.

Why should it just be about the games?  Neither system just plays games, so why wouldn't

all the other features be considered.  People are going to make their case for the games, and most 

likely things probably wind up pretty even, now when you start weighing the other features one pulls away

Last edited:
the browser on the ps3 seems like a pain to me the few times i've actually messed with it.

ps3 not having hbogo or xfinity is another huge negative for me

...but aren't you playing you're console on a TV, doe?

Really depends on the game.
No, not really. With a console, you're stuck with what they give you, hardware and software. With a PC, you are free to do as you wish. Upgrade the graphics, RAM, whatever.
This is GTA3 with a graphics mod - something that can only be done with a PC.

Orginal XBOX giant controller was so bad. 360 one I like, but personally I prefer PS3 as I've been used to it for over a decade now, from PS1 > 2 > 3

This is another big reason a lot of people are favoring the PS3...brand loyalty.

I still have friends that won't even entertain the idea of buying a 360 because they feel so nostalgic about the Playstation name.

It is a pain but I only use it to stream. I'd rather something go wrong on my PS3 than my macbook.

Why should it just be about the games?  Neither system just plays games, so why wouldn't
all the other features be considered.  People are going to make their case for the games, and most 
likely things probably wind up pretty even, now when you start weighing the other features one pulls away

Homie I use the browser all the time. I watch Naruto episodes on it. And Movies I don't want to pay to go see. Loads pretty fast on most. Some are blu/ray rips and are clear as hell.

ps3 not having hbogo or xfinity is another huge negative for me
...but aren't you playing you're console on a TV, doe?
yeah, but all the stuff that's on HBOGO or the Xfinity site isn't onDemand it's only on the sites/app

I'm rarely using the browser, or anything else that comes on them for that matter. If my console is on theres a 95% chance I'm playing a video game on it. Sure its convenient to have those things, but its causing a lot of people to lose sight of the fact that these things are video game consoles. People are really trying to drive home web browsers and netflix as huge selling points and didnt talk about the video games at all, which is what these things are made for primarily.

Yes, I use the browser on my PS3. Streaming Naruto in HD >>>>> *

Ok I'm not a hardcore gamer so I'm gonna speak on how I see things.

1. The developers were backing 360 way harder because M$ was paying them more.

2. Sony's exclusives blow 360's out the water as mentioned before.

3. The game I play online the most is COD. My friends convinced me to buy it on 360 and now we get kicked out the lobby every 5 games because the servers ******g suck.

4. Why do I need to talk to someone that's playing another game? Shouldn't I be focusing on the game I'm playing?

5. Every Xbox comes with a headset yet nobody uses them unless your on their friends list.

6. The browser on PS3 is way better.

7. Xbox live is just overrated. Its cool at first but honestly I don't use any of that stuff.

8. Neither controller is better one is just bigger than the other.

Ps3> 360 yes I own both.

thisssssssssssss i own both too

PS3 > 360
i even bought a 360 first and ended up buying a PS3 year after :lol:
no wifi
no blue ray
no free internet
RROD
xbox live aint even all that for the price you pay vs free all hype :lol:

my 360 is a dust collector and been a dust collector for the last 5 years probably

Yes, I use the browser on my PS3. Streaming Naruto in HD >>>>> *

:x :x :x

this man knows :x i did this last thurs for the itachi vs nagato fight :pimp:
i love that **** bruh :pimp:

Last edited:
This is another big reason a lot of people are favoring the PS3...brand loyalty.

I still have friends that won't even entertain the idea of buying a 360 because they feel so nostalgic about the Playstation name.
speaking of loyalty.  Remember when the OG xbox came out? Microsoft just **** on that entire fanbase by cutting it off after a couple years.  OG came out years after PS2 and PS2 just stopped production this year.... I know they probably won't do the same thing to the 360, but hey they didn't seem to care about that original xbox

quick strike question, did 360 ever release a game for their HDDVD drive?

Last edited:
speaking of loyalty.  Remember when the OG xbox came out? Microsoft just **** on that entire fanbase by cutting it off after a couple years.  OG came out years after PS2 and PS2 just stopped production this year.... I know they probably won't do the same thing to the 360, but hey they didn't seem to care about that original xbox

that hddvd thing was a expanded space dvd format change but failed cus not enough movie co.s messed wit it, bluray got most the support. so im sure msoft said, effff it.

Last edited:

I think that had to do with sales for the PS2. I'm pretty sure for the first year or two the new consoles were out, PS2 was still outselling or at least matching numbers for PS3 and 360.

Then again looking at the companies its no surprise, Sony sold PSOne for awhile after PS2 was out. And we all no how Microsoft drops support old products so fast when they are pushing a new OS, no matter how much people hate the new one. People would still be buying XP today if they sold it.

To dude who asked about profit... Sony loses money on each PS they sell I believe... I don't know if that's the case but that's how it was for the first couple of years when the system came out.
Wasn't this the case with xbox? And they were just planning to make the money back through xbox live subscriptions?

Last edited:
To dude who asked about profit... Sony loses money on each PS they sell I believe... I don't know if that's the case but that's how it was for the first couple of years when the system came out.

Playstation got too comfortable and thought that the massive success would crossover to the PS3, but even the higher ups at Sony admitted that they got off on the wrong foot.

They admitted that the pricing on the PS3 was too high from the get go that's why they had to make all those different variations with the system and remove a bunch of features to put it at a price point that was more affordable.

I don't have a PS3, but I have played it and I mostly play FPS so the 360 has that on lock so my preferance goes to the 360.

Both companies though for the next gen I read they will have an expensive all in one system with a lot of features that will be expensive, but will also offer another variation of the NextBox and PS4 for a price range of $300-$400.

I've had problems with only Sony hardware from the regular first PSP and the PS2 "disc read error" so I was hesitant with purchasing more of their hardware. I've had my 360 I think since Christmas of 2007 without any problems so far and when M$ did run into the red rings problem at least they admitted to it and was fixing them for people with the problem.

Sony on the other hand they leave you out to dry and don't give to cents about you... the yellow light issues with the PS3 was costing almost as much as just buying another system which is what they wanted. That's what they did with the PS2, they had such a big installed user base that when you did get "disc read error" or any other issue you were forced to buy another PS2 because you already have so many games for it anyway.

I'm commited to the NextBox because I did a scheme that I got the 12 month cards for like $5-$10 a piece and have Live until 2019, but depending on how the PS4 is I might get it once the price goes down. I don't even play video games like that anymore and when I do I get pissed off with COD and I don't even rock with Halo4 anymore.

You only have a 1.2% chance of getting a YLOD, though. If you got one, then I honestly feel bad for you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom