Between Microsoft and Sony, who won the console war this generation?

PS3 brought all the perks standard

can't forget the blu-ray... seems like a more rounded entertainment machine

360 would win considering numbers cause it's the poverty system... while ps3 is for the people with a lil premium taste.

*have both systems
:lol:

PS3 brought all the perks standard

can't forget the blu-ray... seems like a more rounded entertainment machine

360 would win considering numbers cause it's the poverty system... while ps3 is for the people with a lil premium taste.

*have both systems
laugh.gif
roll.gif

360 won and I haven't touched mine in years.

Just recently started actually playing games on my PS3 again. Used to just use it to stream stuff from my computer and watch Netflix.

Console gaming

Last edited:
NT is going to say Microsoft won because of XBox Live, so I don't know why this question was asked. Most people on this forum are casual gamers at best.

But most people in the world are casuals. Even if youre involved in a video games competitive community, you are still more than likely a casual gamer. I have games that I would consider myself extremely good at, better than more than 90% of the player base on it, know all the ins and outs, and take it seriously when I'm playing it, but I'm still a casual gamer in my book.

By casual gamers, I meant the COD/Madden/2k/GTA crowd that's afraid to experience anything new and ruffle their feathers. Most people on here don't follow any trends or gaming news and regurgitate what they've heard other people say.
So, who do you think won, then?
Sony. Even with a year behind, they managed to be neck and neck with Microsoft. The exclusives that Sony had were better than what was offered on the 360 at the time. Microsoft dropped the ball on creating their own unique content. Besides Forza, Halo and Gears of War are there any other MS exclusives you can point to? They had Bioshock. They had Mass Effect, but EA acquired BioWare and shipped it to the PS3 as well. Timed exclusives in regards to multiplayer content doesn't mean much, because people are willing to wait it out. The PS3 still has God of War and the Last of Us coming within months of each other. They've owned the war on exclusives. People point to XBox Live as being the superior online platform, but Playstation Plus quickly leveled the playing field and the free Internet is great as well. To the person who brought up the PS3 being "hacked" when in reality it wasn't, XBox Live was hacked as well in 07 I believe. Blu Ray afforded the PS3 opportunities that the 360 could only dream of. They couldn't get Metal Gear Solid 4 for a reason. Even with it spanning multiple DVDs, the quality would be less superior than the PS3 counterpart.

For the record, I have both systems and have enjoyed myself more on Sony's platform. Had the 360 my freshman year of college and picked up the PS3 that following Summer and while it took some time for the PS3 to warm up, since then they've met expectations.

Last edited:
I don't play video games but I prefer Playstation over Xbox for two reasons...

Blu-ray player & Web browser.

speaking out of ignorance, why doesn't sony just not make the blu ray lens for microsoft, thus leaving M$'s next gen to use 10 DVDs per game

speaking out of ignorance, why doesn't sony just not make the blu ray lens for microsoft, thus leaving M$'s next gen to use 10 DVDs per game
Same reason Samsung doesn't stop making components that go into a iphone, money. MS would have to essentially pay Sony money for each Xbox if it came with a blu-ray drive. The money gained from that would be greater than the small monetary advantages they would receive if the next box didn't have one. But to be honest I don't think Sony could block Microsoft from using blu-ray even if they wanted to. Sony isn't the only company that has significant ownership of blu-ray.

360>

I own neither but have played on both.  360 was a better experience (especially online).

games wise at this point, both have their group of solid exclusives and you really can't go wrong with either.

only thing about 360 i have against is the lack of blu ray and that 60 a yr bs :x :smh:

against sony...nothing really, except their controller just isn't shooter friendly imo. i plan on copping a ps3 or 4. not sure yet.

Playstation plus is the best thing added to video games this generation. Ps3 won
-except for the triggers the Xbox controller is wack
-Xbox home screen is a cluster of adds
-Xbox live is filled with racist 6 year olds
-ps3 plays more file types from USB
-ability to add a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to use with the web browser
-ability to use Bluetooth headsets
-Netflix is way better on ps3 than 360. (Xbox layout is a cluster****)
-vita cross play

PS3 is better, its the ultimate entertainment system. If X-Box had blu-ray then their would be minimal discussion.

The 360 doesn't have a better controller than the ps3. Theres a reason Sony has had basically the same controller for all its systems. It's because most people like it.

Back
Top Bottom