Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

Walter died from a gun shot wound when he killed those bike nazis. Not from cancer. He wasn't always going to die that way.
That's exactly what I meant. Once he started cooking, look, he's a John Doe science teacher, not a drug lord. Even with how methodical and calculated he was, he constantly made huge mistakes, HUGE. It was always going to be a short matter of time before someone's bullet got him. He amassed wealth, set it up to take care of who he wanted to take care of, and got got. Once he started cooking, that was always going to be how it was going to end.

-foe

That's exactly what I meant. Once he started cooking, look, he's a John Doe science teacher, not a drug lord. Even with how methodical and calculated he was, he constantly made huge mistakes, HUGE. It was always going to be a short matter of time before someone's bullet got him. He amassed wealth, set it up to take care of who he wanted to take care of, and got got. Once he started cooking, that was always going to be how it was going to end.

-foe
Yeah but again "someone's" bullet didn't get him.

His own bullet did. In a situation where he did not care if he died going in to it cuz the cancer was back and he was going to die anyway.

Walter White went out on his own terms.

An ABQ jury would more than likely have someone or a family member of someone who Saul helped get out of a jam. Saul had those AUSAs by the balls. That's why they gave him the 7 year plea deal.

zyvluqf0v2i91.png

Walter White went out on his own terms.
Yes.

How he didn't die: a penniless nobody stricken with cancer. He decided that wasn't how he was going to go and chose a different path. That path killed him, not cancer. And he had a lottttta money, not broke. Yes, I forgot the specific details of the bullet and that can continue to be an arguing point but it doesn't change the fact that once he chose that path at the beginning, dying from that path with a ton of wealth, it was just a short matter of time time before that happened, and it did.

-foe

So in the end, Saul kinda does use the time machine. He had regrets and did his best to correct them all in the courtroom, spilling everything after he got it down to 7.

Anyone notice the book Chuck picked up?

You forget? This was right after Hank and Homey died.

They both called the vacuum guy. He hid them until he could find new identities for them. Walt went through with it. Saul chose Nebraska. Its why he still had the number and was gonna call in the dumpster.

Makes sense. I remember they called the vacuum guy. I didn't put that together watching them two last night together. But it all makes sense now.

Fantastic finish to a fantastic show. I loved how brief they made Jimmy’s escape b/c it mirrored who he is. He’s not built for that solo on-the-run life at all, but they built up those scenes juuuust enough to make you think he might actually make it. And then they took it back to the essence—Jimmy’s mouthpiece and smarts (temporarily) got him out of a major jam.

That was as satisfying a finish to a series as I’ve ever seen, tbh. No complaints here other than I wish the BB/BCS universe wasn’t done.

Yes.

How he didn't die: a penniless nobody stricken with cancer. He decided that wasn't how he was going to go and chose a different path. That path killed him, not cancer. And he had a lottttta money, not broke. Yes, I forgot the specific details of the bullet and that can continue to be an arguing point but it doesn't change the fact that once he chose that path at the beginning, dying from that path with a ton of wealth, it was just a short matter of time time before that happened, and it did.

-foe
This train of thought doesn't make sense to me the way you're explaining it.

Walter White wasn't always going to die that way. That's what I'm saying is false.

:lol: @ "short matter of time"

Walter White went from HS science teacher to drug kingpin. Got exposed, successfully fled, then when his cancer came back decided to settle his affairs. When he discovered his product was still on the streets he then devised a plan to get rid of those biker nazis.

It was not some foregone conclusion that Walter's life of crime is what was going to kill him when the premise of the show and direction was Walt was doing this until he died of cancer. When it went away it was a complete surprise. That it came back was not a surprise at all.

Also Walter didn't die with a ton of wealth. Mans got robbed and had to force the Grey Matter lames to give the Monet he had left to his children down the line.

If Walt simply got to the floor in a different spot, he would've got away and died from cancer or something else.

There isn't some consistent theme with the endings of Walt, Jesse, and Saul. Jesse's was complete BS, Saul actually changed and died something for somebody he lived which goes opposite of how he was until he got caught. Walt went out having done exactly what he intended to do.

kim ride or die

so happy Jimmy got back his hunanity

walt scoffing at time machines was hilarious and soooo in character

miss that condescending bastard

Classic Walter to be so annoyed at the THOUGHT of the discussion. I've been rewatching breaking bad the last few months anyway and I just watched the episode where he and Saul were roommates so seeing that flashback was kind of funny

Episode was great. I admit it felt like a bit of a kind of like an afterward because we saw him become Saul and I really didn't expect for them to continue his story after the breaking bad plot. So to me that was basically just a huge added bonus that I didn't see coming. I thought the show would have ended with him being Saul but they had been teasing the Omaha. So seeing that getting that full circle wrap up was unexpected but really great.

He talked him down to seven and he could have got out of it but that's who he would have been forever. He took that final chance came clean. Was honest. Got Kim's respect and he can still be who he is but he'll just be behind bars clearly the prisoners like him I don't know it's a lots of process. Like I said I've just finished rewatching breaking bad at the same time so it's a lot of difference, stories and plots all in the head. But man, what a great universe. I don't know about rewatching better call Saul. To be honest I'm sure I will. But I really remember not loving the Chuck stuff, but I'll give it a chance cuz the payoff is there

I'm not doin 86 years for nobody b, especially not no woman who already snitched on me FOH

Bruh you been poopin on the show for several pages now. It’s okay to not like it but they have shown the entire season why this made sense for him.

Gene is absolutely MISERABLE in his life - he has no family no friends, no romantic interests. The highlight of his life is literally watching his old commercials in the secrecy of his own home.

He had his freedom but he was living in a prison. The fact that he flippantly told Kim to fess up and his shock that she actually did was the motivating factor for him to finally take responsibility for once. His brother was right - literally his entire life he has been scheming, since jacking their pops out of the cash register.

He knew that even if he was “free” there was nothing for him to really live for anymore so he owned to his transgressions and took his rightful L. I personally would never do it but I totally understand it

Really enjoyed the finale. End of an Era. Always tough to wrap a show like this but wow they did a great job, especially with the flashbacks and call backs in final ep. Set everything up perfectly.

When he got his deal down to 7 I thought this guy is gonna go to trial and get off entirely!! :lol:

But reading some commentary, makes sense to take the 86 and make things right, get Kim off the hook, etc because even if he got 7 he had nothing to live for or look forward to after (similar to life as Gene, still in his own self created Jail in a way) Oddly he's got more love around him in Jail than he ever did on the outside :frown:

I think what I've liked most about BB and BCS is most of the decisions and actions all... make sense within the character and the universe. It feels authentic and real and as it should happen. Sometimes that's boring but they find a way to make it compelling and exciting all the way through. The Chuck plotline shaped so much of who Jimmy is and things that lead him to being Saul. The ending, where he was able to talk them down but still had that bit of good and decency in him to confess and own up to it and can't change what he's done, but he can try to give some people closure. If he would have taken that deal, Marie and Gomez's widow, wouldn't have gotten closure and while it won't bring back their husbands, at least it was the right thing to do.

Jimmy always struggled on knowing the right thing to do but going the other direction to better himself. It just felt authentic to the character and universe. Bill trying to quit the case halfway through the confession was so funny... multiple times "Please your honor let me leave" lmao

The easter eggs, callbacks, references, all of that on this show were done so well just like Breaking Bad, it makes the show more rewarding and entertaining, especially going on here or reddit or twitter and seeing all of the extra details the creators throw in there to tell their story.

I thought it was perfect. I wanted to see the ending Gillian intended not the one my mind manufactured.

I got emotional at Jimmy’s court room scene.

I DVR’d it. I thought I was watching the desert episode again. But it was all tied together with Chuck’s time machine book. Each scene helped to frame the conflict of Jimmy. We got to see who the real Jimmy was. Walter White. Kim.

The addition of Carol Burnett was awesome. And bringing back Oakley, Mrs Schraeder, etc was perfect.

Back
Top Bottom