Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

DVR’d the episode, watching it now. A lot of Breaking Bad flashbacks and references got me in a Breaking Bad mood. Then the Verizon commercial with the Silicon Valley dude pops up, a commercial that I’ve seen several times already. It’s only today that I realized that Max (Gus’ former partner/possible lover) is in it.

I just realized Gus played Buggin Out in Do The Right Thing :wow:

He also killed Malcolm X

MX_15.jpg

The first engineer was way too confident, the second engineer was realistic and more thorough...Gus was impressed right away :lol:
The first Engineer didn’t know what he was doing.
Dude said “I did that in 17 weeks so I can do this” “I don’t want to say I can do this in 7months, so I will do it in 6”

He legit promised the World and was headed home to do research about how to dig a hole 56 ft deep under an existing structure.

His desktop was about to look like
F4718877-2E31-4388-80A0-169A9F6C6F04.png

Yeah first dude was too fast and gus probably felt that he relied on that tech too much. Second dude was old school and patient.

And i had no clue he was the big brother on school daze. Dude is a legend in the game.

At this point I’m just watching to watch. I put this show on in the background and do something else. Like who really cares about how they got quotes to build the meth lab?

I'd like to think that Big Brother Almighty and Gustavo Fring are the same character.

Like, Gus escaped from Chile for Mission College and used Julian Eaves as one of his aliases. :lol:

That might have been the GOAT Better Call Saul episode so far. This show is finally trending towards where we’ve wanted it since it started.

I like where the show is now in comparison to the early seasons. But what I really want is an episode where they at least try to give some new background info on Gus. I've always felt that Gus being from Chile is a story he tells. His real origin is more complicated.

I like where the show is now in comparison to the early seasons. But what I really want is an episode where they at least try to give some new background info on Gus. I've always felt that Gus being from Chile is a story he tells. His real origin is more complicated.
This.

At this point I’m just watching to watch. I put this show on in the background and do something else. Like who really cares about how they got quotes to build the meth lab?

They’re tying in how Mike and Gus have a solid work relationship on BB. This job seems crucial to their relationship going forward in BCS.

The reason why the court case scene where chuck melts down was so epic was due to the build up. We knew chuck was an ******* early on, but the extra scenes of Jimmy when he was young, the hospital scene, the dinner scenes with his ex wife, him not taking jimmy seriously as a lawyer, etc all added to the dynamic of their rocky relationship. Same thing goes for Walt’s transformation from being embarrassed, washing a student’s tires to becoming a power hungry king pin.

That might have been the GOAT Better Call Saul episode so far. This show is finally trending towards where we’ve wanted it since it started.

I still put the court case episode as #1 but this is probably right behind it, or the episode where mike bodies the 2 dirty cops. I have no knock on this season so far.

Fantastic episode.
Charlie Hustle aka Slippin Jimmy back in action. :pimp:
That disco song was a bop. 'Street Life' by Randy Crawford
Knew he was gonna get robbed the second time those kids showed up. Also the fact we never saw him put away the money was also a tell.

Wonder what's going on with Howard? Is Charles' death really getting to him that badly?
And Kim on her Mike Ross save the world steez. What's goin on with that?

It's cool we're seeing the beginnings of the superlab taking place. It seems Fring is going with the German (maybe Swiss?) instead of the French guy. I think they thought the French guy was too confident, too sure. The German expressed honest reservations.

Kim is on her save the World steez because she feels responsible for Chuck’s death.

Howard taking it just as hard.

Kim is on her save the World steez because she feels responsible for Chuck’s death.

Howard taking it just as hard.

Kim = Jimmy/Saul right now

Not sure where they’re going with this but this happened before Chuck’s death. She doesn’t wanna do the corporate BS anymore. She’s helping out the Saul type of clients at the moment. You can tell she’s trying to peace out on Mesa Verde.

I couldn’t put my finger on it but the scene in Saul’s office looked different - they shot it on film then scanned it so it looked like B.B. rather than the digital format they usually use for BCS.

That was a great scene - I can’t wait until we get more of that stuff.

I loved seeing Mike doing his thing and appreciating the tape measure and notebook!

I watch this show rooting for a different outcome for Saul :frown:

Sucks that in the back of your mind you already know he is going to end up struggling hard

Back
Top Bottom