BEST COMPETITORS OF ALL TIME

marino> elway in terms of straight talent and qb ability
manning> elway
unitas>elway

im not saying their better just more talented... and i only said some are more talented meaning 3 or 4 qbs ever

dont give me that @$@$ about hands down ... did marino die or something?

Bruh, lemme help u out, U dont have a clue of what you are talking about.
JOHN ELWAY IS THE TOTAL PACKAGE WHEN IT COMES TO QUARTERBACK. U BETTER READ UP. Its not even close Bruh. To put it short, u aint got a clue

from those players u listed, i realize U dont know what "Talent" means.

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

manning> elway
unitas>elway

im not saying their better just more talented... and i only said some are more talented meaning 3 or 4 qbs ever

Manning??? Unitas???? Have you ever seen Unitas play to call him more talented than Elway?? The Elway you remember is CLEARLY the Elway that wasplaying later in his career and the one that dove into the endzone to win his ship. How about Mo Rivera? I know I'm being a homer but he loved coming inthe 9th, ice water in his veins.

If we talkin skill set...

JeffGeorge.jpg

laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by The Wizard

How about Mo Rivera? I know I'm being a homer but he loved coming in the 9th, ice water in his veins.

Good call right there as well. All those "true" Yanks from the earlier Joe Torre era were AMAZING competitors. I would love watching Jeter, andMo, and Paul O Neal, Bernie, Posada, etc.

Now this organization pisses me off like crazy. Throwing fat wads of bills to choker softies like A Rod
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by The Wizard

The Elway you remember is CLEARLY the Elway that was playing later in his career and the one that dove into the endzone to win his ship.

word,

Cop a seat youngin;

the consensus from every NFL exec is that Elway was more talented then everyone in this draft. and guess who was in this very same draft. Scroill down to the27 th pick.

[table][tr][td]1983 - Round 1[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Sel #[/th] [th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]Position[/th] [th=""]School[/th] [th=""]Team[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]John Elway[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Stanford[/td] [td]Baltimore Colts[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Eric Dickerson[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Southern Methodist[/td] [td]Los Angeles Rams[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Curt Warner[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Penn State[/td] [td]Seattle Seahawks[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Chris Hinton[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Northwestern[/td] [td]Denver Broncos[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Billy Ray Smith Jr.[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]Arkansas[/td] [td]San Diego Chargers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Jim Covert[/td] [td]T[/td] [td]Pittsburgh[/td] [td]Chicago Bears[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Todd Blackledge[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Penn State[/td] [td]Kansas City Chiefs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Michael Haddix[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Mississippi State[/td] [td]Philadelphia Eagles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Bruce Matthews[/td] [td]OG[/td] [td]USC[/td] [td]Houston Oilers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Terry Kinard[/td] [td]DB[/td] [td]Clemson[/td] [td]New York Giants[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]Tim Lewis[/td] [td]DB[/td] [td]Pittsburgh[/td] [td]Green Bay Packers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Tony Hunter[/td] [td]TE[/td] [td]Notre Dame[/td] [td]Buffalo Bills[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]James Jones[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Florida[/td] [td]Detroit Lions[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]Jim Kelly[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Miami (Fla.)[/td] [td]Buffalo Bills[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]Tony Eason[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Illinois[/td] [td]New England Patriots[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]Mike Pitts[/td] [td]DT[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [td]Atlanta Falcons[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]Leonard Smith[/td] [td]DB[/td] [td]McNeese State[/td] [td]St. Louis Cardinals[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18[/td] [td]Willie Gault[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Tennessee[/td] [td]Chicago Bears[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19[/td] [td]Joey Browner[/td] [td]DB[/td] [td]USC[/td] [td]Minnesota Vikings[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td]Gary Anderson[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Arkansas[/td] [td]San Diego Chargers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]Gabe Rivera[/td] [td]NT[/td] [td]Texas Tech[/td] [td]Pittsburgh Steelers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [td]Gill Byrd[/td] [td]DB[/td] [td]San Jose State[/td] [td]San Diego Chargers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23[/td] [td]Jim Jeffcoat[/td] [td]DE[/td] [td]Arizona State[/td] [td]Dallas Cowboys[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24[/td] [td]Ken O'Brien[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]California-Davis[/td] [td]New York Jets[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25[/td] [td]Dave Rimington[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]Nebraska[/td] [td]Cincinnati Bengals[/td] [/tr][tr][td]26[/td] [td]Don Mosebar[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]USC[/td] [td]Los Angeles Raiders[/td] [/tr][tr][td]27[/td] [td]Dan Marino[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Pittsburgh[/td] [td]Miami Dolphins[/td] [/tr][tr][td]28[/td] [td]Darrell Green[/td] [td]DB[/td] [td]Texas A&M - Kingsville[/td] [td]Washington ********[/td] [/tr][/table]

The versatile Elway is the only player in National Football League history to pass for more than 3,000 yards and rush for more than 200 yards in the same season seven consecutive times. He was only the second quarterback in NFL history to record more than 40,000 yards passing and 3,000 yards rushing during his career. At the time of his retirement, he ranked second all-time in three of the game's most significant passing categories, passing yards (51,475), attempts (7,250), and completions (4,123).
Indicative of his versatility, Elway was responsible for 334 touchdowns (300 passing; 33 rushing and one receiving) generating 4,771 of the 5,806 points (82.2%) scored by the Broncos during his 16-year tenure with the club. Selected to play in nine Pro Bowl games, Elway was a first- or second-team All-Pro choice three times and a first- or second-team All-AFC choice five times. In addition to his all-league honors, he was named the NFL's Most Valuable Player in 1987, AFC Offensive Player of the Year in 1993, and Super Bowl XXXIII Most Valuable Player.

Elway stormed into the mile-high air as one of the most highly anticipated athletes in the history of the NFL. The local newspapers ran a section that was called "The Elway Watch". He soon became known to by all the Broncos fans simply as "The Duke" of Denver.

That is why he is the most talented QB ever. Marino was a gun slinger and didnt have half the talent Elway has.
Talent has to do with Tools to play the game. and Elway is unmatched.
there has never been a QB with the accuracy, speed, agility, arms strength and vision of John Elway.

manning> elway
unitas>elway

now your just getting ahead of yourself^... goat period? get outta here..... you must forget of a man named joe montana..... whats with all the haters onElway? i never hated on him i said hes one of the greatest competitors... and hes one of the best ever thats not hating bro read properly... but GUNNA thoughti was attacking his girlfriend so he caught feelings... YES elway is one of the best ever the best ? no that belongs to joe montana.

and i dont care what you say gunna your little draft printout is a useless argument. Marino is a more talented qb than elway with a better skill set. Elwayonly has running on Dan thats it and that is not even an integral component of being a qb. Especially back then

dont even make me post marino's stats.... i never argued marino was better than elway but i AM SAYING hes more talented.

but GUNNA thought i was attacking his girlfriend so he caught feelings

No I just know a fool when I see one,
U do NOT know what talent means bruh,

Talent aint got %$!# to do with stats, it has to do with God Given ability. and NO ONE had more talent then Elway.

tal·ent
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/ˈtæl
thinsp.png
ənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[tal-uh
thinsp.png
nt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

-noun [table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]a special natural ability or aptitude: a talent for drawing.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]a capacity for achievement or success; ability: young men of talent.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]3.[/td] [td]a talented person: The cast includes many of the theater's major talents.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]4.[/td] [td]a group of persons with special ability: an exhibition of watercolors by the local talent.[/td] [/tr][/table]

Now lets break down talent for the ignorant court jester
ready now sound out the tough words
QB arm strength: edge Elway
QB scrambling ability: edge Elway
QB accuracy: push Elway/Marino
QB speed: Elway 4.6 40 yard dash/ Marino 5.6 ...edge Elway
QB vision in the pocket: edge Marino
QB overall athletic ability: edge Elway...

any more questions, Corky?

you make speed its own section???? what else do you have for me ... strength?

why dont we make tricep curls its own section

i love the system you used... making 3 sections fully dedicated to athletic abilit... thats not talent... thats ATHLETICISM... CORKY

qb arm strength: vick over elway... and dont even argue with me on that one bro.
qb scrambling ability: vick over elway
qb speed: vick over elway
qb overall athletic ability: vick over elway
qb accuracy: elway
qb vision in the pocket: elway

those are the 6 sections you used to describe talent: ADVANTAGE VICK.

unfortunately your theory isnt very reliable. Vick is not better than elway, but he certainly is when we use GUNNAS OFFICIAL WAY OF MEASURING TALENT 101...

accuracy, vision in the pocket, and arm strength all go to marino, take out the ATHLETIC COMPONENTS WHICH HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH TALENT and elway is done inyour analysis ... if we can call it that...

seriously KID... you crack me up

and you know whats funny about all this... the homie who posted jeff George.... Hes probably right

so far youve proved me wrong through this wonderful way of breaking down qb talent, and the point that elway being drafted higher automatically makes him moretalented.

ahhaha lovely

first off, If you think anyone U have ever seen play QB has/had a stronger arm than John Elway, Ur a gad damn fool.

go make a Joe morris is more talented then Barry Sanders post or somethin

okay ill give you armstrength even though an argument can be made that vick has similar arm strength but that still makes it even according to your FLAWEDformula to which you did not even address... and no i know my sports i wouldnt make that barry sanders post. straight up you just caught feelings over someonesaying a player was more talented than elway... i still think marino. you can think elway ... your arguments did not change my mind nuff said. I Never hated onelway either, i guess some guys just arent willing to accept other people might have different opinions. However, i do love how you ignored that post of mine,and then followed your post with firstoff, as if you were gonna pull off some#%@$, then just brought up a subjective argument.
tired.gif

keep it movin

you make speed its own section???? what else do you have for me ... strength?

why dont we make tricep curls its own section

i love the system you used... making 3 sections fully dedicated to athletic abilit... thats not talent... thats ATHLETICISM... CORKY

qb arm strength: vick over elway... and dont even argue with me on that one bro.
qb scrambling ability: vick over elway
qb speed: vick over elway
qb overall athletic ability: vick over elway
qb accuracy: elway
qb vision in the pocket: elway

those are the 6 sections you used to describe talent: ADVANTAGE VICK.

unfortunately your theory isnt very reliable. Vick is not better than elway, but he certainly is when we use GUNNAS OFFICIAL WAY OF MEASURING TALENT 101...

accuracy, vision in the pocket, and arm strength all go to marino, take out the ATHLETIC COMPONENTS WHICH HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH TALENT and elway is done in your analysis ... if we can call it that...

seriously KID... you crack me up

and you know whats funny about all this... the homie who posted jeff George.... Hes probably right

so far youve proved me wrong through this wonderful way of breaking down qb talent, and the point that elway being drafted higher automatically makes him more talented.

ahhaha lovely

laugh.gif
i was thinking the same thing.

wait so, Now athletic ability is not "natural talent"
eek.gif
unbelievable
laugh.gif

I really hope some of you guys take this opportuniy to read up on Elway in his prime.

Take the time out Listen when Salsbury talks about him, listen when Mel Kiper talks about him, listen when Ron Jaworski taks about him, go look up anything ucan read about Bill walsh talking about Elway. Go check Dennis Green on Elway. Go look up Brett Favre talkin about Elway. there is a reason every QB drafted ismeasured up against Elway, because as far as talent goes, he has no peer. No one close. Vick is athletic as Elway yes, but has no accuracy and no QB decisionmaking like Elway. so where would I lose that?

and you to think Jeff George may be the most talented QB ends my discussion with you. this the same dude who couldnt make a good decision in the pocket to savehis life, yeea he's got a cannon arm and throws a tight spiral but thats where that ends.

i know about everything of elway in his prime... dude you get all emotional cuz your way of measuring talent is not legit. I admire your research skillsdictionary.com or some other dictionary site did you very well. Talent and athleticism are very different in my opinion. They Elway is Great, i knew that, ithink hes a better overall qb than marino cuz he has rings, he was a performer and he had killer instinct BUT talent wise i still think marino, im gettin sickof repeating myself, but someone who is a fan of the sixers and the rams must be having a tough year... so ill let it slide

roll.gif
at saying vick is AS athletic as elway, as if elway could even comeclose to dude. But you know what ill take this time to learn something from you... why dont you help me out and post a side by side comparision of their benchpress, speed, bicep strength, leg press, and who can eat more. This is all relative to "talent" by the way

hahahahahahhah word to that..... and im poking fun brah, any team iverson ever played for is gravy in my books

roll.gif
at saying vick is AS athletic as elway, as if elway could even come close to dude.
Vick is faster but please remember Elway was the #1 pick in Baseball as well, he is no slouch athletically.
You really needed to see Elway before his knee injuries. because he was a superb athlete. and the fact that u think Vick is so far ahead of him athleticallytells me U didnt see enough of Elway in his prime. there is more to being an athlete then just Speed.

John Elway is at, or near, the top of every single aspect of talent you can name for a QB. Arm strength, accuracy, mobility, vision, decision making,EVERYTHING. Elway is far and away the most talented QB of all time, and probably one of the 5-10 best talents ever, period.

eek.gif
roll.gif
This kid said Marino had better arm strength than John Elway...Elway got the strongest arm ever.

Quit messin with the kid, Gunna. It ain't worth your time.

Back
Top Bottom