BEST COMPETITORS OF ALL TIME

We always talk about the best athletes on Niketalk, we always talk about career achievements and other things, but what about the best competitors of all time.Guys who were warriors, had that killer instinct.... Took @#$+ to the next level... What you guys think???

heres mine:

Allen Iverson- barely 6 feet ( more than 5 11) and still attacking the hoop at will. No such thing as not getting up, no such thing as taking a night off. Atrue soldier. Favorite AI moment def. when he stepped over Lue: Swagger at its finest.

God in shoes aka MJ- They say that defenders would be scared to look money in the eyes cuz he would take it as a challenge. Stackhouse said he beat mj 1 on 1jordan torches him... van gundy says jordan gets favorable calls. jordan torches him. Some nobody on the knicks drops 35 on jordan in a game. Money predicts 35by half. Drops 30. Homie backed up all his claims. Best competitor EVER. i would Never doubt mike i could care less if the bulls were down 20 when two minutesleft. I remember jayson williams book Loose Balls, he said Jordan was the scariest dude in the league, he would tear a guys heart out if it meant winning. Dudewas even competitive at monopoly.

John Elway- there may be more talented qb's out there but none had the heart of mr. Elway. Always stepped up when he needed 2. Played with a montana likeconfidence.

Brady- See John Elway + talent. Plus getting in defences face= mad swag.

Donovan Bailey- random one for you guys but the canadian track runner who was once the 100 m champion. Sonned Michael johnson in their race. and even predictedbefore hand that Michael johnson would fake injury if he lost

Zidane- most of you know him for his headbutt, but guy wasnt even supposed to be a elite soccer player.. doubted at every level as a youngster before hestarted tearing @#$+ up.

Ray Lewis- no such thing as losing without going down without a fight.

Zeke Thomas- bad coach and exec. but dont even act like that ankle injury performance in the playoffs was other-worldy in

how you gonna say tracy and not vince? Vince pours his heart and soul into every game he plays.

people forget Emmitt Smith played with a separated shoulder and from personal experience that!!+% hurts and i have no idea how he did it

^ no doubt totaly missed Emmitt, plus dude was a grinder rb, played with a lot of heart.
forgot messy and The great one 2

Originally Posted by dreClark

Tracy McGrady

/thread
eyes.gif

You've got to be kidding right?

After a reporter wrote a article proving in detail how he doged that road game in Philly.We're also talking about guy who has never made it out the 1stround in the playoffs.

Real talk though best current competitors are:

Tiger Woods: The guy has never lost a tournament he's lead going into the final round.

Kobe Bryant: Seriously what athlete now or past has faced so much drama off the court but could perform at such a high level on the court despite all the offthe court drama & distractions.Kobe was balling in the regular season & playoffs, while being in legal court one part of the day then fly back to LA tocomeback and hit the game winning shot against Denver during the 03-04 season when he was dealing with the Colorado incident.

John Starks is my number one. Say what you want about him, but he is THE best competitor i have EVER seen. No matter the circumstance, Starks was always gonnacome to play. Hes a guy that just the fact that he was in the NBA at the garden, motivated him to play his@$+! off all the #%*%!#! time. The Knicks need one ofhim right now sooooo badly. Another guy that git in the L through heart and desire. He was supposed to be a nobody, made the most at of oppurtunities in Knickssummer leagues and wowed them with his hard work, and became a great player in the league.

Other great ones are...

AI, Tiger, Urlacher, Isiah, Vince Young, Agassi...

EDDY CURRY

John Starks is my number one. Say what you want about him, but he is THE best competitor i have EVER seen. No matter the circumstance, Starks was always gonna come to play. Hes a guy that just the fact that he was in the NBA at the garden, motivated him to play his@$+! off all the #%*%!#! time. The Knicks need one of him right now sooooo badly. Another guy that git in the L through heart and desire. He was supposed to be a nobody, made the most at of oppurtunities in Knicks summer leagues and wowed them with his hard work, and became a great player in the league.

Um what happend to him during Game 7 of the 94 Finals? Didnt he shoot 0 for 8 that game basicaly shooting the Knicks out of a chance to win the championshipthat year.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

John Starks is my number one. Say what you want about him, but he is THE best competitor i have EVER seen. No matter the circumstance, Starks was always gonna come to play. Hes a guy that just the fact that he was in the NBA at the garden, motivated him to play his@$+! off all the #%*%!#! time. The Knicks need one of him right now sooooo badly. Another guy that git in the L through heart and desire. He was supposed to be a nobody, made the most at of oppurtunities in Knicks summer leagues and wowed them with his hard work, and became a great player in the league.

Other great ones are...

AI, Tiger, Urlacher, Isiah, Vince Young, Agassi...

EDDY CURRY

Check sig.
laugh.gif

^^BTW you know that was PURE sarcasm

I happen to think that Eddy Curry is the worst competitor, laziest fat #%%*, and worst player in the NBA. i dont know know if you knew if that was sarcasm, butany Knicks fan will tell you that i hate Curry more than any of them, and was even pulling for the Knicks to deal him while his value was high in the summer.

And as for Starks i still consider him the best competitor. First of all it was his hard work and great play along with Ewing and a few others that led us tothe finals in the first place. He had an off shooting night that night, !@#* happens he still played hard. I say he is the best competitor cause he workedharder than anyone and ha to climb over numerous factors to even get to the NBA let alone be a superstar. Also he feared NO ONE. He would love to go againstelite players, just a chance to raise his game. See "The Dunk" greatest play in Knicks History. This guy defines a competitor.

i think its absolutely ridiculous to question starks competitiveness he is one of the few players in the L (dumars, reggie as well) who always took up thechallenge of playing jordan and even embraced it.

John Elway- there may be more talented qb's out there but none had the heart of mr. Elway. Always stepped up when he needed 2. Played with a montana like confidence.
Who are you comparing him to, Dan Marino? Elway was as talented as they come.

Lawrence Taylor needs to be near the top of this list.

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

i think its absolutely ridiculous to question starks competitiveness he is one of the few players in the L (dumars, reggie as well) who always took up the challenge of playing jordan and even embraced it.

Well put my man. He is DEFINITLEY #1 on my list, but i also forgot bout my boi Jeter to add on my list

John Elway- there may be more talented qb's out there but none had the heart of mr. Elway.
O My GOD

I missed that. Bru You musta missed something. JOHN ELWAY IS/WAS THE MOST TALENTED QB EVER. HANDS DOWN. NO DOUBT. no one has had his accuracy, running ability,vision and arm strength. thats why every QB is basically compared to him.

smh.gif

3dc15fe3aece1956c5a7118d50d99e51a82bd41.jpg

nuff said

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

(sorry just found out how to insert pics and i thought i would add the #1 competitor)

Back
Top Bottom