Bengal Vs. Grizzly

Who would win in a fight to the death, a bengal tiger or a grizzly bear?

• Bengal tiger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grizzly bear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Tigers 1, Bears 0
Excellent breakdown with the videos and explanation champ, you put some work into that
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Someone should set up an underground animal fighting league. Japanese or Russian Mafia I'm looking in your directions

bears have claws and sharp teeth, are bigger than gorillas, and just as strong...

sure they don't have opposable teeth, but gorillas aren't really carnivores. they're not about that fight to the death life.  i feel like you don't realize how imposing and terrifying a grizzly bear is.
i feel know you dont know what youre talking about, a gorilla is indeed stronger than a bear, i already inferred that gorillas wouldnt fight to the death, but since we are talking about hypothetical situations, i choose the gorilla because in this hypothetical situation the size of the bear is not enough to scare the gorilla off and if a gorilla grabs anything on a bear, it has the power to crush/snap/rip whatever its holding on to clean off
A gorilla isn't "stronger" than a bear.  Bears are tremendous animals.

Gorillas are just extremely dexterous so they do things like bend steel bars.  Bears don't have the necessary dexterity or grasping ability to perform feats of strength like that.  Gorillas are incredible.  I'll agree that they're stronger than bears as far as pure musculature goes.

But grizzly bears kill moose with single blows.  Google it.

A large gorilla on average is about 6 ft, 450 lbs.  A large kodiak bear is 10ft, 1500 lbs. 

Gorillas have finger nails, grizzles can have claws up to 6 inches in length.

Add to that the fact that gorillas are peaceful and bears are killers...

And from a Google search: "A large male grizzly can take a .357 magnum to the head several times without any skull penetration (I know this because one of the wardens was mauled during a release and his .357 didn't do sh**)... So I have no choice but to give this fight, very easily, to a grizzly of the aforementioned size. They can run faster, they are 3 times the size, 6 inch claws... the Grizz wins."

"Grizzly bears would win...they are extremely strong also and have 4 to 5 inch claws that are literally sharper than samurai swords! One swipe from that and a gorilla is gutted, blinded, missing a limb, or dead! On top of that, grizzlies have canine teeth that reach up to 2 inches in length and their bite force is around 1200 pounds per square inch...even though a gorilla's bite force can reach up to 1500 pounds per square inch, a griz has a thick hide protecting them from the winter cold and also from other grizzly bears as well as a thick layer of fat protecting their throats and vitals... so the gorilla bite probably would not hit anything vital...the gorilla has brute strength but so do grizzlies, so the gorilla really has no true advantage...it is very unlikely that a gorilla would be able to inflict any fatal woulds on the grizzly before the grizzly pinned it down and ripped its throat out."

Lettuce be cereal.

Last edited:
The problem is you guys are analyzing this from the wrong perspective. There are many other factors at play that would sway the outcome of this battle. Many of you are choosing the bear because of the assumption that the bear and tiger are doing head to head combat in a ring where brute strength. As an advocate of cats everywhere, I'll prove to you, my brethren, why the Bengal tiger will win this epic match up.

The tiger is a cunning hunter. There's no way an animal with the intellect of a tiger will engage a bear in head to head combat. Rather, the tiger will stalk the unaware bear. The tiger will study its victim and watch for any weaknesses in his defense. The tiger can stalk the bear for hours just watching and studying while the pathetic bear is unaware of his fate, When the bear is occupied fishing in a river or doing whatever bears do, the tiger will strike from the bushes and ambush the bear. Before the bear could react, the tiger is already clenched to the throat of the bear. When the bear gathers his senses, the tiger will disengage and retreat to a safe distance. The bear has no hope of catching the tiger. The tiger will then go back to stalking and watching. When the bear lets his guard down, the tiger will strike again and finish off his victim.

Bears are brute strength. Tigers are strength, speed and intelligence combined. Tigers > bears :pimp:

This is like giving credit to a person who sucker punches a stronger person and then stomps them when they're on the ground.

The premise OP was talking about is who would win in a fair face off where both animals are prepared to fight.

Gorillas are just extremely dexterous so they do things like bend steel bars.  Bears don't have the necessary dexterity or grasping ability to perform feats of strength like that.  Gorillas are incredible.  I'll agree that they're stronger than bears as far as pure musculature goes.

A large gorilla on average is about 6 ft, 450 lbs.  A large kodiak bear is 10ft, 1500 lbs. 

And from a Google search: [B]"A large male grizzly can take a .357 magnum to the head several times without any skull penetration (I know this because one of the wardens was mauled during a release and his .357 didn't do sh**)... So I have no choice but to give this fight, very easily, to a grizzly of the aforementioned size. They can run faster, they are 3 times the size, 6 inch claws... the Grizz wins."[/B]

"Grizzly bears would win...they are extremely strong also and have 4 to 5 inch claws that are literally sharper than samurai swords! One swipe from that and a gorilla is gutted, blinded, missing a limb, or dead! On top of that, grizzlies have canine teeth that reach up to 2 inches in length and their bite force is around 1200 pounds per square inch...even though a gorilla's bite force can reach up to 1500 pounds per square inch, a griz has a thick hide protecting them from the winter cold and also from other grizzly bears as well as a thick layer of fat protecting their throats and vitals... so the gorilla bite probably would not hit anything vital...the gorilla has brute strength but so do grizzlies, so the gorilla really has no true advantage...it is very unlikely that a gorilla would be able to inflict any fatal woulds on the grizzly before the grizzly pinned it down and ripped its throat out."

Lettuce be cereal.

Where did you find that? I dont think a bear's skull is strong enough to take several shots from a 357 without any damage.

And from a Google search: [B]"A large male grizzly can take a .357 magnum to the head several times without any skull penetration (I know this because one of the wardens was mauled during a release and his .357 didn't do sh**)... So I have no choice but to give this fight, very easily, to a grizzly of the aforementioned size. They can run faster, they are 3 times the size, 6 inch claws... the Grizz wins."[/B]

Lettuce be cereal.
Where did you find that? I dont think a bear's skull is strong enough to take several shots from a 357 without any damage.
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=1453321&highlight=bear

Also, look at this punk bear that thought he was doing it :smh: Probably went back to his cousin the grizzly like "man I punked some Bengal today :pimp:" knowing damn well he took off running when it was just the bengal's baby mamma taking the kids out for a walk. :smh: :smh:

Tigers 1, Bears 0

That's clearly not a grizzly ahahaha, but you're right Tigers 1-0 against whatever bear that was :lol:

bears have claws and sharp teeth, are bigger than gorillas, and just as strong...

sure they don't have opposable teeth, but gorillas aren't really carnivores. they're not about that fight to the death life.  i feel like you don't realize how imposing and terrifying a grizzly bear is.
i feel know you dont know what youre talking about, a gorilla is indeed stronger than a bear, i already inferred that gorillas wouldnt fight to the death, but since we are talking about hypothetical situations, i choose the gorilla because in this hypothetical situation the size of the bear is not enough to scare the gorilla off and if a gorilla grabs anything on a bear, it has the power to crush/snap/rip whatever its holding on to clean off

And from a Google search: "A large male grizzly can take a .357 magnum to the head several times without any skull penetration (I know this because one of the wardens was mauled during a release and his .357 didn't do sh**)... So I have no choice but to give this fight, very easily, to a grizzly of the aforementioned size. They can run faster, they are 3 times the size, 6 inch claws... the Grizz wins."

Lettuce be cereal.
ok, you contradicted yourself but alright

you switched from grizzly to kodiak? not to mention kodiak bears are much less temperamental than grizzlies

claws ok, they hurt but theyre not going to kill a gorilla

your quotes are horrible guy, seriously? is that even real? you think all male grizzlies can take rounds to the head? sharper than samurai swords guy?

again, who says a gorilla would even bite? it could literally rip out those layers of fat with its bare hands
how is a bear going to pin down an animal with 4 hands?

Grizzly would destroy a Tiger, against the Gorilla it would be a little closer but I would still give the upper hand to the Grizzly

Lettuce be cereal.
ok, you contradicted yourself but alright

you switched from grizzly to kodiak? not to mention kodiak bears are much less temperamental than grizzlies

claws ok, they hurt but theyre not going to kill a gorilla

your quotes are horrible guy, seriously? is that even real? you think all male grizzlies can take rounds to the head? sharper than samurai swords guy?

again, who says a gorilla would even bite? it could literally rip out those layers of fat with its bare hands
how is a bear going to pin down an animal with 4 hands?
A Kodiak bear is an Alaskan Grizzly bear...

I swear there needs to be a place where we can play these scenarios out. I'd love animals if I could see this go down.

Grizzly got this easy maybe with a scratch or two.

Last edited:
Someone should make an animal fighting video game. With a roster of animals that you could play as and call it King Of The Jungle

I think you cause are underestimating the instincts, reflex, and ability to kill that cats have. Especially tigers that can weight 850 pounds with the ability to cover 30 feet of ground in one stride. Tigers hunt and kill. Half of a bears diet are plants while the rest is digging through trash and sticking their face in a river filled with millions of fish. Tiger would get a head start and jump at the bears throat. Would take multiple tries, but I don't really see an offense on the Bears part. It can't catch the tiger. It would have to wait for it to come. But the tiger would hit its throat before any effective swat to happen by the bear.

Cats are ridiculous, especially 850 pound cats.

Last edited:
after only reading the 1st page i think you guys are failing to understand the strength of a tiger and only think of it as a "ambush" hunter and think the bear is bigger and stronger, tigers can get up 1100 lbs similar to a bear, are longer in length, are faster can climb better, jump higher and easily way more viscous one on one fight i think it would be close but give the tiger the opportunity to track and hunt the bear its a wrap

tigers are born hunters

bears are more of a scavenger that will hunt and kill weak prey (kind of like hyenas)

Last edited:
BENGALS VS. BEARS
ALL-TIME REGULAR SEASON RESULTS
Bengals lead regular season series 6-3-0
Year Site Result
1972 Chicago W, 13-3
1980 Chicago W, 17-14 (OT)
1986 Cincinnati L, 7-44
1989 Chicago L, 14-17
1992 Chicago W, 31-28 (OT)
1995 Cincinnati W, 16-10
2001 Cincinnati L, 0-24
2005 Chicago W, 24-7
2009 Cincinnati W, 45-10

Well this sums it all up.

after only reading the 1st page i think you guys are failing to understand the strength of a tiger and only think of it as a "ambush" hunter and think the bear is bigger and stronger, tigers can get up 1100 lbs similar to a bear, are longer in length, are faster can climb better, jump higher and easily way more viscous one on one fight i think it would be close but give the tiger the opportunity to track and hunt the bear its a wrap

tigers are born hunters

bears are more of a scavenger that will hunt and kill weak prey (kind of like hyenas)
get the hell out of here with that.  no tiger grows up to 1,100 lbs.  the guinness record holder for tigers is a 6 ft tall, 900 lb hybrid.  go sell those duck tales down the river.  1,100 lbs
laugh.gif

as far as that bear vs. cougar video, the cougar was protecting her young and ready to fight to the death. she had nothing to lose.  the bear looked like he was just trying to walk by and was not about that beef at all
laugh.gif

he shook that bite to the head off like it was nothing though.  there go your "tigers would clamp down on the jugular quick" arguments.

This is like giving credit to a person who sucker punches a stronger person and then stomps them when they're on the ground.

The premise OP was talking about is who would win in a fair face off where both animals are prepared to fight.

OP said no such thing homes. This is the jungle baby there ain't no such thing as fair just life and death!

View media item 223021View media item 223023View media item 223025View media item 223026View media item 223033
Look at the majesty of these beautiful creatures. It inspires awe, admiration and sheer terror all at once. How could anything be a match to this awesome beast :pimp: :pimp:

obviously a north american bias here, but clearly the tiger wins...

North Americans have been fed the myth that the Grizzly bear is king of all beasts, there's other animal out there fellas...
grin.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom