Bengal Vs. Grizzly

Who would win in a fight to the death, a bengal tiger or a grizzly bear?

• Bengal tiger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grizzly bear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
obviously a north american bias here, but clearly the tiger wins...

North Americans have been fed the myth that the Grizzly bear is king of all beasts, there's other animal out there fellas...
grin.gif

That's simply not true. In fact, I can guarantee that most of us like tigers more, including myself. I just can't picture a tiger taking a bear down unless the tiger surprises the bear and gets its jugular before the bear can react. One swipe will deter a tiger because tigers wouldn't continue fighting an animal that could seriously injure it, and a bear standing tall would definitely intimidate the tiger effectively.

Last edited:

North Americans have been fed the myth that the Grizzly bear is king of all beasts, there's other animal out there fellas...
grin.gif
That's simply not true. In fact, I can guarantee that most of us like tigers more, including myself. I just can't picture a tiger taking a bear down unless the tiger surprises the bear and gets its jugular before the bear can react. One swipe will deter a tiger because tigers wouldn't continue fighting an animal that could seriously injure it, and a bear standing tall would definitely intimidate the tiger effectively.
American media is saturated with flattering imagery of the Grizzly (Yogi, Smokey, Winnie, Grizzly Adams, etc)...only tiger  that you probably know about  is Tony, andn he's on a cereal box.

Grizzlies do nothing but catch fish all day, tigers are out there doing work...catching deer, fighting off crocodiles, fighting panthers, climbing trees. Tigers are built for this!

Last edited:
bears have claws and sharp teeth, are bigger than gorillas, and just as strong...

sure they don't have opposable teeth, but gorillas aren't really carnivores. they're not about that fight to the death life.  i feel like you don't realize how imposing and terrifying a grizzly bear is.
i feel know you dont know what youre talking about, a gorilla is indeed stronger than a bear, i already inferred that gorillas wouldnt fight to the death, but since we are talking about hypothetical situations, i choose the gorilla because in this hypothetical situation the size of the bear is not enough to scare the gorilla off and if a gorilla grabs anything on a bear, it has the power to crush/snap/rip whatever its holding on to clean off

A gorilla isn't "stronger" than a bear.  Bears are tremendous animals.

Gorillas are just extremely dexterous so they do things like bend steel bars.  Bears don't have the necessary dexterity or grasping ability to perform feats of strength like that.  Gorillas are incredible.  I'll agree that they're stronger than bears as far as pure musculature goes.

But grizzly bears kill moose with single blows.  Google it.

A large gorilla on average is about 6 ft, 450 lbs.  A large kodiak bear is 10ft, 1500 lbs. 

Gorillas have finger nails, grizzles can have claws up to 6 inches in length.

Add to that the fact that gorillas are peaceful and bears are killers...

And from a Google search: "A large male grizzly can take a .357 magnum to the head several times without any skull penetration (I know this because one of the wardens was mauled during a release and his .357 didn't do sh**)... So I have no choice but to give this fight, very easily, to a grizzly of the aforementioned size. They can run faster, they are 3 times the size, 6 inch claws... the Grizz wins."

"Grizzly bears would win...they are extremely strong also and have 4 to 5 inch claws that are literally sharper than samurai swords! One swipe from that and a gorilla is gutted, blinded, missing a limb, or dead! On top of that, grizzlies have canine teeth that reach up to 2 inches in length and their bite force is around 1200 pounds per square inch...even though a gorilla's bite force can reach up to 1500 pounds per square inch, a griz has a thick hide protecting them from the winter cold and also from other grizzly bears as well as a thick layer of fat protecting their throats and vitals... so the gorilla bite probably would not hit anything vital...the gorilla has brute strength but so do grizzlies, so the gorilla really has no true advantage...it is very unlikely that a gorilla would be able to inflict any fatal woulds on the grizzly before the grizzly pinned it down and ripped its throat out."

Lettuce be cereal.
ok, you contradicted yourself but alright

you switched from grizzly to kodiak? not to mention kodiak bears are much less temperamental than grizzlies

claws ok, they hurt but theyre not going to kill a gorilla

your quotes are horrible guy, seriously? is that even real? you think all male grizzlies can take rounds to the head? sharper than samurai swords guy?

again, who says a gorilla would even bite? it could literally rip out those layers of fat with its bare hands

how is a bear going to pin down an animal with 4 hands?

A Kodiak bear is an Alaskan Grizzly bear...

right ignore everything else, but a kodiak isnt a grizzly bro, Ursus arctos middendorffi is the species name for kodiak, Ursus arctos horribilis is a grizzly, i guess kodiaks are referred to as the Alaskan grizzly because its a brown bear

grin.gif

American media is saturated with flattering imagery of the Grizzly (Yogi, Smokey, Winnie, Grizzly Adams, etc)...only tiger  that you probably know about  is Tony, andn he's on a cereal box.

Grizzlies do nothing but catch fish all day, tigers are out there doing work...catching deer, fighting off crocodiles, fighting panthers, climbing trees. Tigers are built for this!
Please son, the bear has earned his cozy lifestyle through centuries of decimating their rivals. Little known fact, North America was filled with the big cats until the bear killed them all. Now you'll barely catch a glimpse at a mountain lion.

This has nothing to do with favoritism. Bears were simply born for this.

BENGALS VS. BEARS
ALL-TIME REGULAR SEASON RESULTS
Bengals lead regular season series 6-3-0
Year Site Result
1972 Chicago W, 13-3
1980 Chicago W, 17-14 (OT)
1986 Cincinnati L, 7-44
1989 Chicago L, 14-17
1992 Chicago W, 31-28 (OT)
1995 Cincinnati W, 16-10
2001 Cincinnati L, 0-24
2005 Chicago W, 24-7
2009 Cincinnati W, 45-10

Well this sums it all up.
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm gonna go with a Bengal Tiger because I'm a big cat kind of person. Will add that he has a small margin for error cause a grizzly only needs that 1 clean shot to put it down on 'em.

BENGALS VS. BEARS
ALL-TIME REGULAR SEASON RESULTS
Bengals lead regular season series 6-3-0
Year Site Result
1972 Chicago W, 13-3
1980 Chicago W, 17-14 (OT)
1986 Cincinnati L, 7-44
1989 Chicago L, 14-17
1992 Chicago W, 31-28 (OT)
1995 Cincinnati W, 16-10
2001 Cincinnati L, 0-24
2005 Chicago W, 24-7
2009 Cincinnati W, 45-10

Well this sums it all up.
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
Bears suck.

Guys are moving the goal posts now....Making up ideal scenarios for the Tiger so he can come out on top :smh: "Well if it were out in the open, and the bear was walking with a muzzle blindfolded and the tiger could ambush him then it'd be a wrap" :lol: the bears senses are incredible it would know the Tiger were present...plus even IF the Tiger knocked the bear over, the bear would put dem hands to work and the tiger would back off allowing the bear to regain its footing AND the Grizzly would be angry to top it off.

Now unless El tigre can get a one strike kill shot on the ambush then this is no contest because face to face a tigers roar isn't gonna scare a bear cmon now :lol: plus the tiger charging forward to the bear wouldn't even budge it the lower body strength and overall power of the grizzly would bounce that Tiger back like it hit a brick wall. Bears don't need to scavenge they are the kings of their domain....male lions don't go hunting either the female does all that the males usually just chill in the cut sleeping, doesn't mean I'd wanna test one.

Grizzly is just a beast and he'd give a tiger that work...they eat a healthy diet of nuts, berries, salmon, fruits, and they'll throw in some red meat if they wanna get their grub on.

Peep the homie Brutus:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rizzly-bear-likes-eat-meals-dinner-table.html :smokin

I love Tigers too btw probably one of my favorite animals, they're beautiful creatures but don't get fooled though no match for a male grizzly

Last edited:
Guys are moving the goal posts now....Making up ideal scenarios for the Tiger so he can come out on top :smh: "Well if it were out in the open, and the bear was walking with a muzzle blindfolded and the tiger could ambush him then it'd be a wrap" :lol: the bears senses are incredible it would know the Tiger were present...plus even IF the Tiger knocked the bear over, the bear would put dem hands to work and the tiger would back off allowing the bear to regain its footing AND the Grizzly would be angry to top it off.

Now unless El tigre can get a one strike kill shot on the ambush then this is no contest because face to face a tigers roar isn't gonna scare a bear cmon now :lol: plus the tiger charging forward to the bear wouldn't even budge it the lower body strength and overall power of the grizzly would bounce that Tiger back like it hit a brick wall. Bears don't need to scavenge they are the kings of their domain....male lions don't go hunting either the female does all that the males usually just chill in the cut sleeping, doesn't mean I'd wanna test one.

Grizzly is just a beast and he'd give a tiger that work...they eat a healthy diet of nuts, berries, salmon, fruits, and they'll throw in some red meat if they wanna get their grub on.

Peep the homie Brutus:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rizzly-bear-likes-eat-meals-dinner-table.html :smokin

I love Tigers too btw probably one of my favorite animals, they're beautiful creatures but don't get fooled though no match for a male grizzly

:smh: :smh: Nobody's creating ideal situations for the tiger. Let's be real. You grizzly dudes are trying to establish scenarios where a tiger and bear are going head to head in some sort of underground Thai criminal exotic animal fighting syndicate. I simply assumed the two animals are doing battle in nature.

Also, no one is doubting the grizzly's senses. Instead, what we're saying is that the grizzly would be lulled into a false sense of security because the tiger will be waiting from a far and, like you said, the grizzly thinks he's the dominant animal so why would he be worried about that animal sitting there for 2 hours not making a move... YET.

The tiger needs to just have one clean shot at the bear's eyes to inflict enough damage to make it the tiger's match.

Peep the homie Brutus:

:smh: :smh: Nobody's creating ideal situations for the tiger. Let's be real. You grizzly dudes are trying to establish scenarios where a tiger and bear are going head to head in some sort of underground Thai criminal exotic animal fighting syndicate. I simply assumed the two animals are doing battle in nature.

Also, no one is doubting the grizzly's senses. Instead, what we're saying is that the grizzly would be lulled into a false sense of security because the tiger will be waiting from a far and, like you said, the grizzly thinks he's the dominant animal so why would he be worried about that animal sitting there for 2 hours not making a move... YET.

The tiger needs to just have one clean shot at the bear's eyes to inflict enough damage to make it the tiger's match.
The bear would break the tiger's spine once it pounced even if it was blinded. Talking about lulled in to a false sense of security :lol:

Guys are moving the goal posts now....Making up ideal scenarios for the Tiger so he can come out on top :smh: "Well if it were out in the open, and the bear was walking with a muzzle blindfolded and the tiger could ambush him then it'd be a wrap" :lol: the bears senses are incredible it would know the Tiger were present...

But dude a Tiger is a cat. Cats are arguably the most instinctive creatures in this world. Even your average house cat. My buddy has 2 cats that come in and out as they please. They bring back dead mice and birds while missing their front claws every day and just play with their dead bodies. Now think about an 800 pound cat with even better senses and instincts that lives in the wild and needs to use these instincts and senses to kill for survival, not just for fun. Cats are born killers. Its true a bear is thought to have perhaps one of the best senses of smell on earth. But it uses it to smell to find a half eaten hamburger 15 miles away in a garbage can. They actually use their smell to avoid danger...

We'll never know the answer, obviously this is purely hypothetical :lol: but I dont get how a tiger wouldnt have the advantage looking and what we do know.

The bear would break the tiger's spine once it pounced even if it was blinded.

A bear cant just break a Tigers back lol. The mismatch in size isnt as big as you think. Not to mention this, have you ever tried to catch a cat that didnt want to be caught let alone doing so with issues seeing.

Last edited:
This is in response to the black bear vs the tiger protecting its cubs. Same apples to Bears protecting their cubs. When mothers feel their cubs are in danger, they have nothing to lose, so they're more driven to kill.

Animals almost always run off before any serious damage is taken. It's about staying alive, not winning. Winning is staying alive. So if they run doesn't necessarily mean they're scared.

It also comes down to what they are fighting for. ALL can be run off by an animal it could easily kill.

View media item 223655View media item 223656View media item 223657View media item 223658View media item 223659
This is a female black bear btw 4-6ft 200-250lbs. A Grizzly is 7-8ft 800-1500lbs.

So dnt post videos of black bears and tigers. They're JV compared to a Grizzly.

Guys are moving the goal posts now....Making up ideal scenarios for the Tiger so he can come out on top :smh: "Well if it were out in the open, and the bear was walking with a muzzle blindfolded and the tiger could ambush him then it'd be a wrap" :lol: the bears senses are incredible it would know the Tiger were present...

But dude a Tiger is a cat. Cats are arguably the most instinctive creatures in this world. Even your average house cat. My buddy has 2 cats that come in and out as they please. They bring back dead mice and birds while missing their front claws every day and just play with their dead bodies. Now think about an 800 pound cat with even better senses and instincts that lives in the wild and needs to use these instincts and senses to kill for survival, not just for fun. Cats are born killers. Its true a bear is thought to have perhaps one of the best senses of smell on earth. But it uses it to smell to find a half eaten hamburger 15 miles away in a garbage can. They actually use their smell to avoid danger...

We'll never know the answer, obviously this is purely hypothetical :lol: but I dont get how a tiger wouldnt have the advantage looking and what we do know.

:lol: No doubt Cats are dope but I'm just saying, Grizzlies seem like they won't **** with you unless you challenge it or threaten its life, don't forget these things are HULK strong, are incredibly agile for its size (can get up to speeds virtually identical to a Tiger) and can weight around 1000lbs. I think the Tiger's only chance is to ambush and attack when the Grizzly has its guard down in the slightest, but even then the Grizzly would take that blow, then be pissed off that it got interrupted from its nice delicious salmon dinner and work to put those paws to work and one hit to the tigers side or head with that strength would be numerous broken bones and or death via blunt force trauma. I'd rather Mark McGuire went in on my head with a Louisville slugger than have a Grizzly get full power behind a shot to my head :lol:

It seems to me that a Grizzly is an omnivore, but CAN do whatever it wants when required, almost a gentle giant unless it is provoked or defending its cubs then its goodnight sally. A Tiger is probably more aggressive by nature, but in its wild, and aggressive tendencies the Grizzly would be able to strike and catch the Tiger with that death blow...and even if it doesn't those broken bones will slow the tiger down a bit and allow the Grizzly to go to work with those paws and claws on the wounded cat rendering it virtually useless :lol: The GRizzly is coated with incredibly thick fur and is set up to withstand scratches and cuts to the body I just think its more likely the bear would put down the hammer on the Tiger than it is the Tiger get to the jugular and inflict its death blow. Would be a :smokin fight though even if this is hypothetical...both are absolutely amazing animals

None of them are messing with a Polar Bear tho, those things strike fear in my heart
mean.gif
[h1]Photo in the News: Polar Bear-Grizzly Hybrid Discovered[/h1]
[table][tr][td]
bear-hybrid-photo.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td] Email to a Friend[/td][td]
More Photos in the News
[/td][/tr][/table]

What's This?

Digg StumbleUpon Reddit

RELATED

May 11, 2006—DNA analysis has confirmed that a bear shot in the Canadian Arctic last month is a half-polar bear, half-grizzly hybrid. While the two bear species have interbred in zoos, this is the first evidence of a wild polar bear-grizzly offspring.

Jim Martell (pictured at left), a 65-year-old hunter from Idaho, shot the bear April 16 on the southern tip of Banks Island (see Northwest Territories map), the CanWest News Service reports.

Wildlife officials seized the bear after noticing its white fur was interspersed with brown patches. It also had long claws, a concave facial profile, and a humped back, which are characteristic of a grizzly.

Now the genetic tests have confirmed that the hybrid's father was a grizzly and its mother was a polar bear.

"I don't think anyone expected it to actually happen in the wild," said Ian Stirling, a polar bear expert with the Canadian Wildlife Service in Edmonton.

Polar bears and grizzlies require an extended mating ritual to reproduce, Stirling said. Both live by themselves in large, open habitats.

To prevent wasting their eggs, females ovulate only after spending several days with a male, Stirling explained. "Then they mate several times over several days."

In other words, the mating between the polar bear and grizzly was more than a chance encounter. "That's what makes it quite interesting," he added.

Stirling says the hybrid has no official name, though locals have taken to calling it a "pizzly" and a "grolar bear."

—John Roach

I gotta look for this old site. I think it was big fights or bugs wars or something like that.

Tigers are smart and stealth like but the Grizzly would put a whooping on that thing. Thats like Mayweather vs Tyson, speed and agility vs power and size.

Tigers are smart and stealth like but the Grizzly would put a whooping on that thing. Thats like Mayweather vs Tyson, speed and agility vs power and size.
I could get with with that if you said RJJ vs. Tyson. A tiger is one of the bigger big cats.

don't know, but neither would mess with an adult rhino one-on-one
rhino would gore either of em til they dropped dead

^lions in packs sometimes have difficulty with an african buffalo
dis rhino makes short work then flips it in the air like nothin...next?

voted for grizzly though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom