Beginning of the End

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

Originally Posted by CALI J 360

When jordan retired IT DIED!! It was never about camping out or having a limited pair it was all about waking up on Sunday morning and watching MJ smash on everyone... He was the man, u wanted to be like him and that's what he wore
this is so true
jordan was beginning and the end for me
i can never care bout kobe or lebron kicks like i care bout mj's
i dont care there is nothing like jordans
i watch him play since 85 and enjoy enjoyed every minute of it
it was bout rocking ur kicks not just keepin them in your closet

QFT

When jordan retired IT DIED!! It was never about camping out or having a limited pair it was all about waking up on Sunday morning and watching MJ smash on everyone... He was the man, u wanted to be like him and that's what he wore
this is so true

QFT

this is so true

Also add to the fact that in the OG Air Jordan heyday, there were only a select few colorways per each model, and most were still GR colorways anyway. In today's world, Nike releases 7-10 different colorways of each Lebron or Kobe shoe, not to mention the ID's that can be made for Kobe's...

Each Air Jordan colorway became a mystique, and were alot easier to identify with since they were the "it" shoe in terms of design, technology, and fit. 1990 Air Jordan "Grape" V's sat on clearance down at Andy's Tailored Outlets back in the day (mom & pop store) for around $50 a pair in favor for Chicago Bull colorways of the same model... Those same "uncool" colorways back in the heyday of Air Jordan are now almost considered to be ancient relics and highly regarded as "grails" by people who were never even old enough to remember, born, or just flat out fans of the OG models to begin with...

If you describe to someone who doesn't buy sneakers too much anymore what the black & white Jordan XI's looked like (Concords)..more than likely they'll know....in 10 years, try describing the bright green Kobe VI's (Grinches) KB wore on Christmas, or the bright blue kicks Lebron wore during last year's All Star Game (All Star VII's) and you will have a much tougher challenge...
laugh.gif

this is so true

Also add to the fact that in the OG Air Jordan heyday, there were only a select few colorways per each model, and most were still GR colorways anyway. In today's world, Nike releases 7-10 different colorways of each Lebron or Kobe shoe, not to mention the ID's that can be made for Kobe's...

Each Air Jordan colorway became a mystique, and were alot easier to identify with since they were the "it" shoe in terms of design, technology, and fit. 1990 Air Jordan "Grape" V's sat on clearance down at Andy's Tailored Outlets back in the day (mom & pop store) for around $50 a pair in favor for Chicago Bull colorways of the same model... Those same "uncool" colorways back in the heyday of Air Jordan are now almost considered to be ancient relics and highly regarded as "grails" by people who were never even old enough to remember, born, or just flat out fans of the OG models to begin with...

If you describe to someone who doesn't buy sneakers too much anymore what the black & white Jordan XI's looked like (Concords)..more than likely they'll know....in 10 years, try describing the bright green Kobe VI's (Grinches) KB wore on Christmas, or the bright blue kicks Lebron wore during last year's All Star Game (All Star VII's) and you will have a much tougher challenge...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by you big dummy

The 2000-2001 retro XI's.

After re-releasing the 1-6 in order, out of no where they skipped to the XI. This was the shoe that caught everyone's attention, and brought me and several others to this site. The retro XI's had people fighting and rioting at malls, and started the whole reselling trend. It took everyone's attention and interest off of the latest signature shoe, and marked the turning point where JB started re-releasing older models months and even weeks apart.

XVI'S were highly coveted when da XI'S dropped...they sold out fasterAt a higher price point..problem is da sig shoe fell off HARD...

Originally Posted by you big dummy

The 2000-2001 retro XI's.

After re-releasing the 1-6 in order, out of no where they skipped to the XI. This was the shoe that caught everyone's attention, and brought me and several others to this site. The retro XI's had people fighting and rioting at malls, and started the whole reselling trend. It took everyone's attention and interest off of the latest signature shoe, and marked the turning point where JB started re-releasing older models months and even weeks apart.

XVI'S were highly coveted when da XI'S dropped...they sold out fasterAt a higher price point..problem is da sig shoe fell off HARD...

^ agreed. Jordans were the end all be all of sig shoes. There will never be another signature shoe line like air jordans. Well at least not in our lifetimes.
Originally Posted by philaflava1

I'm wearing the b&w 10's today.

And?

^ agreed. Jordans were the end all be all of sig shoes. There will never be another signature shoe line like air jordans. Well at least not in our lifetimes.
Originally Posted by philaflava1

I'm wearing the b&w 10's today.

And?

I wish Jordan Brand would just stop making shoes all together, No one really cares about the sig shoes and most of them just sit in outlets anyway. Can you imagine when kobe and lebron retire and their shoe line keeps making sigs and retros. I just which jordan brand would just die and stop using MJ name and old memories to get $. I feel sorry for melo and chris paul.

I barely come in the jordan brand thread I spend most of my time in the Kobe thread, but they already retroed the hell out of the all the sigs in the last few years after next year when the concords drop whats next 2012 columbia's? Kinda lame if you ask me. Next there gonna make fruity color XI.

If it takes one of these threads ever other month for some people who are caught up in the hype to read it and come down to earth and really see the whole picture so be it or if anyone wants to vent so be it.

really what is the point to all the " oh lord another one of these threads" comments ?

I wish Jordan Brand would just stop making shoes all together, No one really cares about the sig shoes and most of them just sit in outlets anyway. Can you imagine when kobe and lebron retire and their shoe line keeps making sigs and retros. I just which jordan brand would just die and stop using MJ name and old memories to get $. I feel sorry for melo and chris paul.

I barely come in the jordan brand thread I spend most of my time in the Kobe thread, but they already retroed the hell out of the all the sigs in the last few years after next year when the concords drop whats next 2012 columbia's? Kinda lame if you ask me. Next there gonna make fruity color XI.

If it takes one of these threads ever other month for some people who are caught up in the hype to read it and come down to earth and really see the whole picture so be it or if anyone wants to vent so be it.

really what is the point to all the " oh lord another one of these threads" comments ?

wish i could find it, but they actually retroe'd the III's the year before this. I may be wrong, but i'm pretty sure. I have one pair I bought off of an OG sneaker head.

wish i could find it, but they actually retroe'd the III's the year before this. I may be wrong, but i'm pretty sure. I have one pair I bought off of an OG sneaker head.

I love retros!! I get a second chance at getting them since I can afford it now...not like back in HS or College when I had no $$

I love retros!! I get a second chance at getting them since I can afford it now...not like back in HS or College when I had no $$

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

I wish Jordan Brand would just stop making shoes all together, No one really cares about the sig shoes and most of them just sit in outlets anyway. Can you imagine when kobe and lebron retire and their shoe line keeps making sigs and retros. I just which jordan brand would just die and stop using MJ name and old memories to get $. I feel sorry for melo and chris paul.
Really?
..and why? They make millions of dollars. They couldn't care any less about you. Unless they phoned you and told you otherwise.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

I wish Jordan Brand would just stop making shoes all together, No one really cares about the sig shoes and most of them just sit in outlets anyway. Can you imagine when kobe and lebron retire and their shoe line keeps making sigs and retros. I just which jordan brand would just die and stop using MJ name and old memories to get $. I feel sorry for melo and chris paul.
Really?
..and why? They make millions of dollars. They couldn't care any less about you. Unless they phoned you and told you otherwise.

Melo and Paul were both told they were gonna carry the jordan brand into the new age when they signed. I stated I felt sorry for them because The company would rather advertise the 2009/10/11 model than their shoe and even put more effort and tech on the 2k11 than their own.

Thanks for pointing out I missed spelled Wish wrong, and good luck with your re-selling on Ebay ..........................

Melo and Paul were both told they were gonna carry the jordan brand into the new age when they signed. I stated I felt sorry for them because The company would rather advertise the 2009/10/11 model than their shoe and even put more effort and tech on the 2k11 than their own.

Thanks for pointing out I missed spelled Wish wrong, and good luck with your re-selling on Ebay ..........................

Originally Posted by flappy188

the 3's were retrod before this in 94 because i bought them for 9th grade
da first retros of da I, II, III's in 94 sold so bad i could've bought all 3 for less then 60 bucks in bucket bargin bins where da zip tie da shoes shut.
laugh.gif

back then NO ONE wanted old sneakers.

Originally Posted by flappy188

the 3's were retrod before this in 94 because i bought them for 9th grade
da first retros of da I, II, III's in 94 sold so bad i could've bought all 3 for less then 60 bucks in bucket bargin bins where da zip tie da shoes shut.
laugh.gif

back then NO ONE wanted old sneakers.

Back
Top Bottom