Beginning of the End

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Doesn't anyone get it?

Once people were referring to buying shoes as a "Shoe Game", that's when you fed Nike's ego even more.

People coming out of the blue who knew nothing about Jordan, started buying because it was the cool thing to do.
Lunch money was spent, mom and pops money, etc..

Nike Retro grew as well, I mean really, there's not much you can do now, but to not buy them anymore, and search for an "OG" or previous Retro to fill your need.

Nike only did what was right in their mind, make money at minimal production costs.
Well said.  Nike only cares about making and saving money.  If they can make double the money with crappy qualities then thats going to be their goal.
That's why I'm really picky with these recent releases, and why i spend 80% of the time looking for older retros/OG's.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Doesn't anyone get it?

Once people were referring to buying shoes as a "Shoe Game", that's when you fed Nike's ego even more.

People coming out of the blue who knew nothing about Jordan, started buying because it was the cool thing to do.
Lunch money was spent, mom and pops money, etc..

Nike Retro grew as well, I mean really, there's not much you can do now, but to not buy them anymore, and search for an "OG" or previous Retro to fill your need.

Nike only did what was right in their mind, make money at minimal production costs.
Well said.  Nike only cares about making and saving money.  If they can make double the money with crappy qualities then thats going to be their goal.
That's why I'm really picky with these recent releases, and why i spend 80% of the time looking for older retros/OG's.

WE are the beginning of nike/jordan brand and we are the end. If you want better quality you refuse to buy and post on sites like this one and others like it letting them know why were are not buying and then and only then will things change but thats not going to happen because the kids now days dont know what good quality is when all they have ever seen is the crap after 2001, they dont know what og anything looks or feels like. hell i think sometimes fakes have better quality than the real things and that says a lot about a company. SMH at you JB

WE are the beginning of nike/jordan brand and we are the end. If you want better quality you refuse to buy and post on sites like this one and others like it letting them know why were are not buying and then and only then will things change but thats not going to happen because the kids now days dont know what good quality is when all they have ever seen is the crap after 2001, they dont know what og anything looks or feels like. hell i think sometimes fakes have better quality than the real things and that says a lot about a company. SMH at you JB

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Jesus ANOTHER one of these what killed the "sneaker game" threads....YOU wanna know what REALLY killed the sneaker game (god I hate that phrase)???? NikeTalk (more general the Internet) loaded the gun...and eBay (more specific) pulled the trigger.....before the beast that is the net...and the bloggs...and twitters...and YouTube videos...and WDYWT threads....and Pickup post...people cop'd and rock with they liked or at best what was local to your hood....when I was kid, Nike was whack!!!! You was "stuntin" (as the kids say) with as fresh pair of Filas maybe even some Ponys or adidas....Even Ewings had it on smash....Jordans and Nike became such a global brand because it's style transcended the local hood...EVERY kid EVERY where wanted to be like Mike..being like Mike ment wearing what Mike wore...Every kid felt like he jumped higher...cross overed (shout to Timmy H) a little fiercer with Jays on the feet...

Then comes NT and Blogs and EBay...You wanna know what KILLED your so called game???? Just go to the pick up thread or WDYWT thread....sneakers have become a competition of who can get what...who can get limited this...who can get the exclusive pics...who can get the kicks first...sometimes if feels like a nation of !@@%!%# in here....You know why I hate dudes like Mayor and DJCK it's cause they have to push the fact that they have what you CAN'T get....and the Internet gives them the forum to FLOSS...so what does that do...it creates a mass amount of kids that will do whatever it takes to have the exclusives that you can't get...buy fakes...purchase FSR's..create PM cliques (El Vampiro..lol)...whack...Dudes like Franalations who is whack as hell not because he's a funny looking dude but because he''s TRYING WAY to hard to be cool...I respect a guy like Ty (even though you posted them Lebron Knicks 8 you bastard) cause dude TRULY rocks what he likes...homie can kill it with HWC on one day with a Bape hoody..then rock a pair of saddle shoes with a bow tie and dingy white tee the next....

Now comes eBay which gives sellers looking to sell u something you CANT obtain...and buyers so desperate to be the kid in there mall with the only pair of Yeezy's (who cares if they fake or not) willing to pay whatever (fees, shipping, 400% markup) to be exclusive...

And everyday the cycle keeps repeating itself...don't blame retros...blame this appetite that people have or need or want to be cooler then you...or cooler then him....or just be cool....*%*! cool...*%*! Nike Air on the back...*%*! what kind of leather they used (except them DMP 1...horrid)....if you like how it looks..cop it...period...

^ I finally re-read that and you hit the nail on the head.

Jesus ANOTHER one of these what killed the "sneaker game" threads....YOU wanna know what REALLY killed the sneaker game (god I hate that phrase)???? NikeTalk (more general the Internet) loaded the gun...and eBay (more specific) pulled the trigger.....before the beast that is the net...and the bloggs...and twitters...and YouTube videos...and WDYWT threads....and Pickup post...people cop'd and rock with they liked or at best what was local to your hood....when I was kid, Nike was whack!!!! You was "stuntin" (as the kids say) with as fresh pair of Filas maybe even some Ponys or adidas....Even Ewings had it on smash....Jordans and Nike became such a global brand because it's style transcended the local hood...EVERY kid EVERY where wanted to be like Mike..being like Mike ment wearing what Mike wore...Every kid felt like he jumped higher...cross overed (shout to Timmy H) a little fiercer with Jays on the feet...

Then comes NT and Blogs and EBay...You wanna know what KILLED your so called game???? Just go to the pick up thread or WDYWT thread....sneakers have become a competition of who can get what...who can get limited this...who can get the exclusive pics...who can get the kicks first...sometimes if feels like a nation of !@@%!%# in here....You know why I hate dudes like Mayor and DJCK it's cause they have to push the fact that they have what you CAN'T get....and the Internet gives them the forum to FLOSS...so what does that do...it creates a mass amount of kids that will do whatever it takes to have the exclusives that you can't get...buy fakes...purchase FSR's..create PM cliques (El Vampiro..lol)...whack...Dudes like Franalations who is whack as hell not because he's a funny looking dude but because he''s TRYING WAY to hard to be cool...I respect a guy like Ty (even though you posted them Lebron Knicks 8 you bastard) cause dude TRULY rocks what he likes...homie can kill it with HWC on one day with a Bape hoody..then rock a pair of saddle shoes with a bow tie and dingy white tee the next....

Now comes eBay which gives sellers looking to sell u something you CANT obtain...and buyers so desperate to be the kid in there mall with the only pair of Yeezy's (who cares if they fake or not) willing to pay whatever (fees, shipping, 400% markup) to be exclusive...

And everyday the cycle keeps repeating itself...don't blame retros...blame this appetite that people have or need or want to be cooler then you...or cooler then him....or just be cool....*%*! cool...*%*! Nike Air on the back...*%*! what kind of leather they used (except them DMP 1...horrid)....if you like how it looks..cop it...period...

^ I finally re-read that and you hit the nail on the head.

On the money with this

On the money with this

You want better prices, better quality , better releases simple

STOP BUYING EVERY CRAPPY SHOE JB PUTS OUT

I come on here and go to releases and i always see dudes saying "Am going to cop 2 or 3 pairs" or " These are a must buy"

Dudes need to take it easy and stop eating up everything JB puts out especially bad quality kicks its that simple

Nike is spending little money and selling big and their making a good profit

So why should they stop if people are still buying ??

The moment people stop buying crap thats the moment when nike/JB starts making a better effort to make better shoes and releases

You want better prices, better quality , better releases simple

STOP BUYING EVERY CRAPPY SHOE JB PUTS OUT

I come on here and go to releases and i always see dudes saying "Am going to cop 2 or 3 pairs" or " These are a must buy"

Dudes need to take it easy and stop eating up everything JB puts out especially bad quality kicks its that simple

Nike is spending little money and selling big and their making a good profit

So why should they stop if people are still buying ??

The moment people stop buying crap thats the moment when nike/JB starts making a better effort to make better shoes and releases

shoe game just became a popular phrase after jay z said it on change clothes and it stuck

yall reach way too hard, whether it's called the shoe game or not people will still wild out over shoes and certain shoes will continue to be created with terrible quality because it will sell anyway, it's not gonna change if people magically stop using the terminology

there was a whole shift where people pretty much stopped buying general releases altogether which is also around the time when jb stopped caring about quality. this to me was the biggest turning point, it was limited this, limited that from like 2005-2008

within that small window, alotta peoples true colors showed, alotta self proclaimed shoe heads prolly had every limited release during that period and not one gr in the closet, that's when it went all bad

since then tho, i'd have to say things have gotten better, i've been buying shoes again recently and i'm starting to check up on alotta releases again

shoe game just became a popular phrase after jay z said it on change clothes and it stuck

yall reach way too hard, whether it's called the shoe game or not people will still wild out over shoes and certain shoes will continue to be created with terrible quality because it will sell anyway, it's not gonna change if people magically stop using the terminology

there was a whole shift where people pretty much stopped buying general releases altogether which is also around the time when jb stopped caring about quality. this to me was the biggest turning point, it was limited this, limited that from like 2005-2008

within that small window, alotta peoples true colors showed, alotta self proclaimed shoe heads prolly had every limited release during that period and not one gr in the closet, that's when it went all bad

since then tho, i'd have to say things have gotten better, i've been buying shoes again recently and i'm starting to check up on alotta releases again

Jesus ANOTHER one of these what killed the "sneaker game" threads....  
roll.gif
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif

When jordan retired IT DIED!! It was never about camping out or having a limited pair it was all about waking up on Sunday morning and watching MJ smash on everyone... He was the man, u wanted to be like him and that's what he wore

When jordan retired IT DIED!! It was never about camping out or having a limited pair it was all about waking up on Sunday morning and watching MJ smash on everyone... He was the man, u wanted to be like him and that's what he wore

Originally Posted by CALI J 360

this is so true
jordan was beginning and the end for me
i can never care bout kobe or lebron kicks like i care bout mj's
i dont care there is nothing like jordans
i watch him play since 85 and enjoy enjoyed every minute of it
it was bout rocking ur kicks not just keepin them in your closet

Originally Posted by CALI J 360

this is so true
jordan was beginning and the end for me
i can never care bout kobe or lebron kicks like i care bout mj's
i dont care there is nothing like jordans
i watch him play since 85 and enjoy enjoyed every minute of it
it was bout rocking ur kicks not just keepin them in your closet

Back
Top Bottom