bears vs lions vol showtime

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Regardless we shoulda lost the game. But will I take the W? Absolutely.

This is exactly what I was telling my uncles yesterday. It's nice to be 1-0, but we won't be adding any more to the left side if we play like that vs DAL, GB and NYG. The offense looked great when they went to the air, but the turnovers killed us. Although the rule favored us in the end, we should not look to win ballgames like that.

We NEARLY lost to a team with a backup QB and RB. I hate to second guess decisions, but going for the FG instead of taking four downs to not get 1 yd would have protected us from a GW disaster.

I left that game without a smile on my face because we should have been more dominant vs DET. JC didn't make any big mistakes other than the pick where he threw short into coverage and the ball was tipped. He placed a bomb in Aromashado's hands that was dropped. Damn near 400 yd will be needed week in and week out to keep us in the mix. Scary how the defense gave up 2 80 TD drives, proceeded to knock out the starter, shut down the back up but then concede the GW drive and throw to said backup.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Regardless we shoulda lost the game. But will I take the W? Absolutely.

This is exactly what I was telling my uncles yesterday. It's nice to be 1-0, but we won't be adding any more to the left side if we play like that vs DAL, GB and NYG. The offense looked great when they went to the air, but the turnovers killed us. Although the rule favored us in the end, we should not look to win ballgames like that.

We NEARLY lost to a team with a backup QB and RB. I hate to second guess decisions, but going for the FG instead of taking four downs to not get 1 yd would have protected us from a GW disaster.

I left that game without a smile on my face because we should have been more dominant vs DET. JC didn't make any big mistakes other than the pick where he threw short into coverage and the ball was tipped. He placed a bomb in Aromashado's hands that was dropped. Damn near 400 yd will be needed week in and week out to keep us in the mix. Scary how the defense gave up 2 80 TD drives, proceeded to knock out the starter, shut down the back up but then concede the GW drive and throw to said backup.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Someone organize a boycott until this stupid rule is lifted!

In all my years of watching the NFL I've never seen a TD as legit as this get called back. What a horrible %+% call...Had he caught the ball outside the endzone that play would've been ruled a catch and he would've been ruled down by contact but in the endzone you gotta hold onto the ball even after being tackled? Absolute nonsense. This is coming from the same league where you just need to touch the outside of pylon or have 1cm of the ball cross the line for it to be a TD...but if you catch it with both feet in bounds, get pushed to the ground, land inbounds with the ball in your hands and then put it on the ground it doesn't count
smh.gif

Anyways, the call was correct according to the rule but the rule is very stupid. I bet the NFL's competition committee reevaluates it next spring.

In all my years of watching the NFL I've never seen a TD as legit as this get called back. What a horrible %+% call...Had he caught the ball outside the endzone that play would've been ruled a catch and he would've been ruled down by contact but in the endzone you gotta hold onto the ball even after being tackled? Absolute nonsense. This is coming from the same league where you just need to touch the outside of pylon or have 1cm of the ball cross the line for it to be a TD...but if you catch it with both feet in bounds, get pushed to the ground, land inbounds with the ball in your hands and then put it on the ground it doesn't count
smh.gif

Anyways, the call was correct according to the rule but the rule is very stupid. I bet the NFL's competition committee reevaluates it next spring.

Stupid rule. Stupid refs. This is probably why I am starting to hate the NFL and these 3 1/2 hour games filled with commercials. That 3rd qtr filled with turnovers and punts was hard to watch!

Megatron catches the ball and falls down but it's not a catch because a catch = a freaking formula.

Oh well at least as a Lions fan I still won because Bears didn't cover the 6.5 point spread.

$500 in my pocket = WIN!

Stupid rule. Stupid refs. This is probably why I am starting to hate the NFL and these 3 1/2 hour games filled with commercials. That 3rd qtr filled with turnovers and punts was hard to watch!

Megatron catches the ball and falls down but it's not a catch because a catch = a freaking formula.

Oh well at least as a Lions fan I still won because Bears didn't cover the 6.5 point spread.

$500 in my pocket = WIN!

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Even by rule I still think they got it wrong. At what point did he ever NOT have control?

I looked at it again and I take back what I said.  When you watch it in slow motion it looks like a much worse call than it actually was. 

The problem with CJ's catch is that when he went to the ground he swung the ball around in one hand.  If he had held the ball still while he hit the ground, it would have been a touchdown.  Even though CJ technically had control of the ball while he was swinging it around in one hand, because the ball was moving even though it was secure in one hand, it's like he didn't have control of the ball.  

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Even by rule I still think they got it wrong. At what point did he ever NOT have control?

I looked at it again and I take back what I said.  When you watch it in slow motion it looks like a much worse call than it actually was. 

The problem with CJ's catch is that when he went to the ground he swung the ball around in one hand.  If he had held the ball still while he hit the ground, it would have been a touchdown.  Even though CJ technically had control of the ball while he was swinging it around in one hand, because the ball was moving even though it was secure in one hand, it's like he didn't have control of the ball.  

Originally Posted by SnapNPop

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif
Bears fans not acknowledging that that should have been a TD at all
laugh.gif

Just concede the fact yall god lucky as hell vs the lions and give it a rest.

Trust CJ wont let that happen again.

We can only play who's in front of us I don't see why everyone wants to turn around and say it was "only the lions" when some of the same people were saying that they predicted them to beat us and some even said dominate us now that we won it's "only the lions" whatever... all these fudge packer fans commenting, when ya'll o-line and secondary is just as suspect as ours, and Mike vick damn near came back on yall on his legs alone
sick.gif
what a jokeon to the cowboys, should be a great game wonder if we win what kind of bs will we hear about being lucky then lol it'll be "the cowboys suck" you pack and vike fans do know ya'll have to play the lions too right? but it'll be a legit victory when if you guys win
eyes.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Bears secondary is peewee compared to Green Bay right now.  You have got to be kidding me.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We can only play who's in front of us I don't see why everyone wants to turn around and say it was "only the lions" when some of the same people were saying that they predicted them to beat us and some even said dominate us now that we won it's "only the lions" whatever... all these fudge packer fans commenting, when ya'll o-line and secondary is just as suspect as ours, and Mike vick damn near came back on yall on his legs alone
sick.gif
what a jokeon to the cowboys, should be a great game wonder if we win what kind of bs will we hear about being lucky then lol it'll be "the cowboys suck" you pack and vike fans do know ya'll have to play the lions too right? but it'll be a legit victory when if you guys win
eyes.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Bears secondary is peewee compared to Green Bay right now.  You have got to be kidding me.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is just like the Tuck Rule.

When reviewing the play, it was obvious it was a TD. However, according to the rule, their call was right. The problem is that the rule depends so much on interpretation that one person's view can screw everything up. Which is what happened here. Technically the call was right...but the rule is mind numbingly idiotic. Brady's "incomplete pass" was also the right call, but clearly everyone thinks it's a fumble.

Anyway, %$%$ happens.

This is just like the Tuck Rule.

When reviewing the play, it was obvious it was a TD. However, according to the rule, their call was right. The problem is that the rule depends so much on interpretation that one person's view can screw everything up. Which is what happened here. Technically the call was right...but the rule is mind numbingly idiotic. Brady's "incomplete pass" was also the right call, but clearly everyone thinks it's a fumble.

Anyway, %$%$ happens.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif
eyes.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Not kidding  u guys have Woodson and who else? maybe the safety bennett u guys drafted,everyone else is injured or trash

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif
eyes.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Not kidding  u guys have Woodson and who else? maybe the safety bennett u guys drafted,everyone else is injured or trash

^ Nick Collins is a top 5 Safety and Tramon Williams hast more talent than either of your starting CBs and hes our Nickel when Harris returns.

And its Burnett not Bennett.

I think its pretty obvious you have no clue.

^ Nick Collins is a top 5 Safety and Tramon Williams hast more talent than either of your starting CBs and hes our Nickel when Harris returns.

I have a clue, Tramon Williams has more talent than either of our starting corners really? last I checked Bowman had 6 picks on a bad defense last season, 6 picks on a defense that if it doesn't get a rush from it's front four it leaves the secondary exposed which pretty much happened all season for us, and in his second year had 6 picks?! and Tillman is still stripping dudes even though he's lost a step from age and injuries he's still good, now I'll give u the edge with woodson and collins, but the rest? tramon williams? child please, when tramon williams holds megatron to 45 yards let me know

I have a clue, Tramon Williams has more talent than either of our starting corners really? last I checked Bowman had 6 picks on a bad defense last season, 6 picks on a defense that if it doesn't get a rush from it's front four it leaves the secondary exposed which pretty much happened all season for us, and in his second year had 6 picks?! and Tillman is still stripping dudes even though he's lost a step from age and injuries he's still good, now I'll give u the edge with woodson and collins, but the rest? tramon williams? child please, when tramon williams holds megatron to 45 yards let me know

SnapNPop, get in the NFC North trash talk thread.

Show more face.

Your Chicago team is full of bums.

Yuku should prevent you from even having conversation with fans of teams in the Top 15 of the league.

You beat the Lions (solely off a lame rule) and are gassing your squad up?

LOL. OKAY.

Back
Top Bottom