BCS Standings Just Announced on Fox Postgame...

PSU haters
laugh.gif

^ i agree, i'm not even a fan but after watching them play a few games,
PSU should be #2, this is their year

Originally Posted by Derrtay

Say Oregon State wins out and goes to the Rose Bowl.

Would USC get a shot at a BCS bowl?

or are they doomed for the holiday bowl or something.
if oregon state wins out in the pac 10 and USC wins out, no bowl in their right mind is going to pass up on the draw that is the USC Trojans. Andthey're ranked 7th right now. Why would any bown WANT to pass up on them? For a 2nd mid-major? A lower ranked BCS team??

Originally Posted by Derrtay

Say Oregon State wins out and goes to the Rose Bowl.

Would USC get a shot at a BCS bowl?

or are they doomed for the holiday bowl or something.

If USC wins out they will at the very least be ranked right where they are right now, probably higher. That being said, do you think there is any chance theywouldnt be selected for one of the at large BCS births?

I honestly don't know.
The thought of Oregon State going to the Rose Bowl never crossed my mind till now
laugh.gif

Would they just take the place of like, say a TCU or Boise?

roll.gif
roll.gif

maaaaan, is that even a question? would an 11-1 USC team get picked over TCU or Boise St.?
laugh.gif

They might as well let Oregon St. and Ohio St. battle it out for the Rose, throw USC against the team that feels as if they got left out of the Championshipgame (this scenario only exists if Penn St. wins out and goes to the Championship game.).

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

I think it is perfect. If Penn State gets placed in the title game I will protest.
oh yeah? protest based on what? (really go ahead, i'd love to hear this argument)

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Bevo is still going to Miami

i completely agree. texas tech still has two tough games against ou and okst and i really dont see them winning both. and bama still has lsu this weekend whichthey may lose. i see texas getting bumped to #2 by the end of the season.

Originally Posted by nickthesneakerkid

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Bevo is still going to Miami

i completely agree. texas tech still has two tough games against ou and okst and i really dont see them winning both. and bama still has lsu this weekend which they may lose. i see texas getting bumped to #2 by the end of the season.
I could see this happening actually. Texas is ahead of UF right now, but looking at the resume' of both teams assuming they both end up 12-1,it's a toss up: Texas will have defeated the #1 (OU), #8 (OSU), #4 (Mizzou) teams and lost to a #7 (Texas Tech) team on the road while UF beat a #1 (Bama),#4 (LSU), #6 (UGA) team, but lost to an unranked Ole Miss squad at home. So just based on that alone, Texas should get the nod. I guess we have to hope thecomputers boost us up with hopefully maybe South Carolina and FSU being ranked when we play them, and I think we could possibly get a big boost by beating the#1 ranked team in the country in the SEC champ, it'll definitely be interesting. I just wish Penn St. would lose so we wouldn't have to worry aboutthis at all cause both Texas and UF are GREAT teams.

Back
Top Bottom