Bars making rules to not allow black ppl in unappreciation

in college there was a bar that always carded us both with state id and student id because we were black. white people only needed state id. if you went to university of maryland and partied at turtle this is the spot. one night i was fed up with there racism and while i was drunk i pissed in the corner of the bar, stole there phone, and broke **** in the bathroom. made me feel better
It's this "OMG racism" mentality that will never allow people to make progress. Bro, they started doing that because blacks and hispanics were mugging people in Riverdale, Hyattsville and students on campus coming out of bars. The bouncers weren't supposed to allow non-college students into the bar because they didn't want to have a stabbing take place in their bar. Given that area's demographic and the familiarity that bouncers have with regular customers, you can definitely see how they would probably card blacks and hispanics over white people. I can count on my hand the number of non-UMD white kids that would even venture through college park and the surrounding areas. You have 500 kids trying to get into your bar and have to make split second decisions on who could potentially be trouble given the police reports. I'm not carding every curly-headed white boy with a plaid shirt and nantucket red shorts and boat shoes.

They could simply require all races to give the same identification, seems like that would stop the problem.

Your post is screams all black/hispanic people who aren't college students are going to cause trouble, while any white person will be peaceful. Treat everyone the same and its not racist. If the bar only wants college kids then have everyone present a student ID. Its not a "split second decision" to ask every person to present the same ID(s).

I don't care if every other black person on earth went into this joint and stabbed a college kid. I should be treated the same as anyone else when trying to go in. (I've never been to this place btw).

Just disregard his stupid post. Probably a regular in the Dressing Better thread who wears European pantsuits to the grocery store. Plenty of normal non weirdos rock shorts past the knee and fitteds.

This guy...I called you out on your anti-European/homophobic nonsense before yet I always see you in every thread bringing us up and implying that we're all gay/feminine. Every other post by you is referring to gay Europeans. What an unhealthy obsession :lol:

Then you're gonna come back here like "Nah, I was only referring to a specific group, not all Europeans" BS

And on that note you got some unhealthy obsession with the DB thread too...I don't even dress like most of the guys in there, but none of them dress like women, and they actually give a lot of good advice for how to dress for work/formal occasions.

Last edited:
Happened to my girlfriend last night. She had a t shirt like many girls wear and some designer's leggings. The bouncer told her and her friend (who was wearing a dress no where near slutty) that they have a strict dress code but wouldn't disclose what the problem was even after being asked. Then a cop nearby came over and backed up the bouncer by saying "he said no. So just leave " :lol:

They then went to a bar around the corner and apparently another cop (white) told them he thinks they may be racist.

My girl and her friend are black btw. The 1st cop, bouncer and the 2nd cop were all white.

I don't usually pull the race card but in Northern Kentucky there is indeed racism. Its not a huge issue but spotty. Especially considering they were letting girls in with booty shorts and anything else you can think of. What can you do, you know. Just go somewhere else.

View media item 438840

Bars had similar policy at my college, no flat brim fitteds, white T's, baggy jeans, etc. 90% of the time it applied to white "townies"

Bars be trying to keep out the thuggish blacks..,as ****** up as it is I can't really blame them....blacks here have ruined so many establishments w/ that fighting/shooting ****

Basically.

Almost every major incidence of nightclub violence (shootings) in the Seattle area is perpetrated by black people. That is just a fact. Club owners know who brings grief to the scene, and they have dress codes to keep things orderly. And the dress codes have to be more generalized in order to allow doormen full discretion.

Don't like it? Then quit dressing like a fool and acting like a fool.

Went to Bar Louie @ Patriot Place on Friday. Didn't have a strict dress code but bouncers circled the joint looking like they wanted murder people. Where do they find these dudes? Seems like places like this only hire the angriest dudes from Gold's Gym.

Just disregard his stupid post. Probably a regular in the Dressing Better thread who wears European pantsuits to the grocery store. Plenty of normal non weirdos rock shorts past the knee and fitteds.

This guy...I called you out on your anti-European/homophobic nonsense before yet I always see you in every thread bringing us up and implying that we're all gay/feminine. Every other post by you is referring to gay Europeans. What an unhealthy obsession :lol:

Then you're gonna come back here like "Nah, I was only referring to a specific group, not all Europeans" BS

And on that note you got some unhealthy obsession with the DB thread too...I don't even dress like most of the guys in there, but none of them dress like women, and they actually give a lot of good advice for how to dress for work/formal occasions.

:rofl:

I thought that you were from that Dressing Better thread, and I was spot on. I don't know who you are though, and I didn't know that you were actually European. I wasn't implying homosexuality either, although it is funny that you automatically thought that when I used the term "European". That makes my statement about the European pantsuit even more hilarious. :rofl:

Nah, I was just referring to you, not all Europeans.

Thanks for the laugh

Last edited:
This is happening at college bars?!?

I went to IU for my undergrad and never had an issue with shorts/t-shirt/fitted/sneakers combo. I'd mostly wear RL polos or button downs, but on the nights I wore cargos and a shirt, I never had an issue.

Shout out to Kilroy's and Sports. Literally never had a bad time there.

I went to IU for my undergrad and never had an issue with shorts/t-shirt/fitted/sneakers combo. I'd mostly wear RL polos or button downs, but on the nights I wore cargos and a shirt, I never had an issue.

I went to IU too, and you can literally wear anything to the bars. I've had instances where I was day-drinking all day in a tank-top and basketball shorts, and Kilroys or sports would let me right in without a problem. I think it's just a super laid back, liberal college scence. Because I've been to other college towns, in Wisconsin, Cinc., and other places and it's a lot stricter  in regards to what you wear. But I've never been denied entry.

I thought that you were from that Dressing Better thread, and I was spot on. I don't know who you are though, and I didn't know that you were actually European. I wasn't implying homosexuality either, although it is funny that you automatically thought that when I used the term "European". That makes my statement about the European pantsuit even more hilarious. :rofl:

Thanks for the laugh

Actually, it was me who made that earlier comment in this thread. And I'm not from the Dressing Better thread. I just think one looks like a clown while wearing shorts that go to your calves and a fitted when you're going out somewhere. I can understand if you're chilling with the homies and you wear a fitted, but if you go out, you should dress like an adult.

And you should never wear shorts that go to your calves. If you're cold, wear pants.

Last edited:

Thanks for the laugh

Actually, it was me who made that earlier comment in this thread. And I'm not from the Dressing Better thread. I just think one looks like a clown while wearing shorts that go to your calves and a fitted when you're going out somewhere. I can understand if you're chilling with the homies and you wear a fitted, but if you go out, you should dress like an adult.

And you should never wear shorts that go to your calves. If you're cold, wear pants.

I don't usually judge people by their appearance. It should be well known that you don't wear shorts and a fitted for a night out on the town, due to dress codes. Clothes don't make the man tho, that is something that a lot of you don't seem to understand. Just because you have on a suit and tie, doesn't mean that you are some respectable figure and just because you are wearing some comfortable clothes, doesn't mean that you are disreputable. You don't automatically become an adult by wearing small fitting clothes and shopping at Bergdorf Goodman.

Last edited:
:lol: The hell?

I mean, what are you going to do? It sucks, but just find another/better place.

What town did this happen in?

Kalamazoo, Mi

The Zoo?! WMU alum here.

Which bar was it? There are a few near campus that were notorious for this back when I was there. One even went so far as to post on the door that they're not shooting a rap video there.

I remember I got denied once because my jeans were "name brand", per the bouncer. I just took the L and dipped--no need to patronize establishments like that, IMO.

I remember I got denied once because my jeans were "name brand", per the bouncer. I just took the L and dipped--no need to patronize establishments like that, IMO.
that's the laziest excuse dude could come up with 
mean.gif

I went to IU too, and you can literally wear anything to the bars. I've had instances where I was day-drinking all day in a tank-top and basketball shorts, and Kilroys or sports would let me right in without a problem. I think it's just a super laid back, liberal college scence. Because I've been to other college towns, in Wisconsin, Cinc., and other places and it's a lot stricter  in regards to what you wear. But I've never been denied entry.
Yea man. It's very chill and there's never really a problem with fights and crap like that. Just people having a good time. You're also right about cincy. I remember we made a trip to visit our boys at UC and they stressed that we bring our dress clothes.
laugh.gif
The hell?

I mean, what are you going to do? It sucks, but just find another/better place.

What town did this happen in?
Kalamazoo, Mi
The Zoo?! WMU alum here.

Which bar was it? There are a few near campus that were notorious for this back when I was there. One even went so far as to post on the door that they're not shooting a rap video there.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Clothes don't make the man tho, that is something that a lot of you don't seem to understand. Just because you have on a suit and tie, doesn't mean that you are some respectable figure and just because you are wearing some comfortable clothes, doesn't mean that you are disreputable. You don't automatically become an adult by wearing small fitting clothes and shopping at Bergdorf Goodman.

No one is claiming any of the things you just said

Last edited:
word,

even though I know better, I hate that hat rule.
white boys are in the club with college hats, bent brim, dirty and tattered.
you go with a fitted straight from the store and get denied.

that's the laziest excuse dude could come up with 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

I'm sayin' though.  I just stood there looking at him in silence for a good 10 seconds.  What he meant to say was that my jeans were Sean John (don't judge--they had some nice jeans back in '03) and not the frat boy brand of the moment.  Crazy thing is that they weren't even baggy--just some fitting, regular jeans.  They had a small Sean John logo on the back pocket, but it isn't like I moonwalked up to the door so he could see it.  D-bag.  

Back
Top Bottom