Barack Obama wins nobel peace prize

I think its way too early to praise or criticize Obama's Presidency.

That being said, what the he.ll has he done to deserve winning this prize? Being elected as President and saying nice things about the rest of the world is notenough to warrant a Nobel Prize.

Oh wait...this is the same prize which George W. Bush was nominated for and that Yasser Arafat won? What a joke.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

George W. Bush did not receive a Nobel Peace Prize for liberating thousands of people in Iraq and Afghanistan.

6p6xzo.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

especially when you look at how polarizing a leader Obama is and all the storms he's had to weather in a little less than a year in office.
obama is polarizing? he's not even a liberal
laugh.gif

He spent 90 percent of his time placating republicans who still spit in his face. If he's polarizing what the hell was bush? I mean wow

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

George W. Bush did not receive a Nobel Peace Prize for liberating thousands of people in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Don't ever post again.
Damn that has to be one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read. Do you really not know the impact those wars have had on thosecountries? Please, just stick to discussing hockey.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Im not Racist like Jimmy Carter says i am but the only way he won this is because he's black

Same way he won the election because he is black ? Everything he has won or gets nominated for is because he is black is what I have heard constantly.. Andthey wonder why criticism gets chalked off as racism many times even if it isn't.

I wonder how that black guy Jimmy Carter won the Nobel Peace Prize.. Oh wait he's white

if you are not racist, that statement is not too convincing for you. Retract it because it is not only offensive (I'm white btw), it is not an educationalthought.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Don't ever post again.
Damn that has to be one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read. Do you really not know the impact those wars have had on those countries? Please, just stick to discussing hockey.

man i knew it was bad but i didnt know it was this bad

i feel bad for everyone that guy has ever tried to teach

Originally Posted by DubA169

especially when you look at how polarizing a leader Obama is and all the storms he's had to weather in a little less than a year in office.
laugh.gif

He spent 90 percent of his time placating republicans who still spit in his face. If he's polarizing what the hell was bush? I mean wow
I never knew you had to be considered liberal to be a polarizing politician. Heck, I never knew the term "polarizing" was exclusivelysynonymous with politics in general.

I guess you learn something new every day.

LESfamilia wrote:

LESfamilia wrote:
laugh.gif

I never knew you had to be considered liberal to be a polarizing politician. Heck, I never knew the term "polarizing" was exclusively synonymous with politics in general.

That statement went over your head..

You called him a polarizing leader

He responded with he spends 90% of the time placating Republicans.. How is he polarizing?

You ever think that the opposition is so crazy and oppose him just to oppose him and they are the polarizing ones? Nawwwww. I get you had a little sarcasm init but it was 100% unnecessary comment. Polarizing much?

isn't it funny how this dude wins the Nobel peace prize the same day we bomb the moon?

lolz

silly Illuminati and their tricks

George Bush didn't liberate thousands of people in Iraq. He liberated millions -no matter what the haters say.

Sure, if we had to do it over again we wouldn't have gone into Iraq-there were other less costly ways to overthrow Saddam. But now that we have won inIraq, millions are free and have a democracy forming in a former dictatorship.

Originally Posted by Essential1

LESfamilia wrote:

LESfamilia wrote:
laugh.gif

I never knew you had to be considered liberal to be a polarizing politician. Heck, I never knew the term "polarizing" was exclusively synonymous with politics in general.

He responded with he spends 90% of the time placating Republicans.. How is he polarizing?

You ever think that the opposition is so crazy and oppose him just to oppose him and they are the polarizing ones? Nawwwww. I get you had a little sarcasm in it but it was 100% unnecessary comment. Polarizing much?
Pretty much. I get all my political news from The Daily Show, but for some reason I hate that Colbert guy. He thinks this whole Americanpolitics thing is a joke.
tired.gif

And Reagan liberated millions in Europe without firing a shot- where's his prize?

So now Carter, Gore, and Obama have won peace prizes - think the Nobel organization is a liberal group? Nah...

I guess I don't understand why people are hating on President Obama. He didn't pick himself for the award. As a matter of fact, he even said hedidn't deserve it. I can see not understanding exactly why or how he won, but why take this chance to bag on the dude?

And
laugh.gif
at people saying he should give it back. Because that'ssomething that all of us would do if we won one of the most well known international awards. You'd just give it back, right?
laugh.gif

LESfamilia wrote:

LESfamilia wrote:
laugh.gif

You ever think that the opposition is so crazy and oppose him just to oppose him and they are the polarizing ones? Nawwwww. I get you had a little sarcasm in it but it was 100% unnecessary comment. Polarizing much?
Pretty much. I get all my political news from The Daily Show, but for some reason I hate that Colbert guy. He thinks this whole American politics thing is a joke.
tired.gif

what the hell are you talking about? you said he's polarizing in a thread concerning politics, why would i think you're using the word inany other manner?

LESfamilia wrote:

LESfamilia wrote:
laugh.gif

Pretty much. I get all my political news from The Daily Show, but for some reason I hate that Colbert guy. He thinks this whole American politics thing is a joke.
tired.gif

what the hell are you talking about? you said he's polarizing in a thread concerning politics, why would i think you're using the word in any other manner?
Don't flatter yourself with your quasi-intellectual banter about appropriate word usage (or my apparent lack thereof). This thread is aboutas politics as it is a dark horse candidate for one of the world's most prestigious awards inexplicably winning it and the fall-out afterward.

To say Obama isn't the most polarizing president since Kennedy would be a farce. Decades later, as much as the American public adored JFK, he obviouslyhad people who hated him enough (if not his agenda, anyway) to take his life. From the effigies to the ludicrous amount of vitriol directed at the ObamaAdministration daily, there is little to say that for all the people supporting him, there is a proportionate amount of bureaucrats who detest his everydebonair move.

But I digress.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Obama winning this award is a disgrace. He said it himself, he is "surprised". He never expected to win this prize.

Dude is failing at creating a two-state solution with Israel and Palestine. That was his first test..

Healthcare reform is dividing the country into two.

To be quite honest with you, he hasn't done anything yet besides 'talk'.
I don't think those two are fair game against Obama. He isn't the first man to struggle with these issues, and may not be the last.

Whether you think it is his fault for putting the pressure to do these things upon himself, though, is arguable.

LESfamilia wrote:

LESfamilia wrote:
laugh.gif

tired.gif
what the hell are you talking about? you said he's polarizing in a thread concerning politics, why would i think you're using the word in any other manner?
Don't flatter yourself with your quasi-intellectual banter about appropriate word usage (or my apparent lack thereof). This thread is about as politics as it is a dark horse candidate for one of the world's most prestigious awards inexplicably winning it and the fall-out afterward.

To say Obama isn't the most polarizing president since Kennedy would be a farce. Decades later, as much as the American public adored JFK, he obviously had people who hated him enough (if not his agenda, anyway) to take his life. From the effigies to the ludicrous amount of vitriol directed at the Obama Administration daily, there is little to say that for all the people supporting him, there is a proportionate amount of bureaucrats who detest his every debonair move.

But I digress.

ok champ
laugh.gif

if you don't think him winning the award and the fallout after = politics, I don't know what to tell you. At least it looks like you have a decentvocabulary.

Back
Top Bottom