Bachelor Pad.

Copped a crib Friday. Will be going through this thread heavy in my downtown to get ideas.

Had planned on getting an apartment but ended up finding a great deal on a duplex and couldn't pass it up since I want long term investment pieces.

Thanks bros....here is a better picture with the real cam...lol
Really like this 
nthat.gif

If i had one word of advice for anyone in here looking to get a place, make sure it has a lot of good entry of unobstructed light, get a high floor apt, or huge windows, you can pretty much change everything inside your place BUT that...and it makes all the difference....makes your walls stand out, your furniture, your art and most important Natural light is great for your mood.

s0lefunk s0lefunk , bedroom or dining room, option #2 wins. More subtle, discreet. Option #1 is too busy and overwhelming for my taste.
Appreciate the feedback guys. I went ahead and ordered the second one. The plan was to focus on finish furnishing my apt this month but I'm having car problems and money is going to be tied up with that |I

Copped a crib Friday. Will be going through this thread heavy in my downtown to get ideas.

Had planned on getting an apartment but ended up finding a great deal on a duplex and couldn't pass it up since I want long term investment pieces.
welcome to the club, bro.

Charge them that whole mortgage plus some if you can get away with it in your city.

welcome to the club, bro.

Charge them that whole mortgage plus some if you can get away with it in your city.

Thanks fam. I wish I could hit em over the head for the whole mortgage but I can't because my other unit is only a 1 bedroom.

Its all good though. I make more than enough to cover everything so I'm saving my rental income for a garage fence. My place was recently renovated but they skimped out on those parts.

I can't even be mad though I caught it for about 10K under the assessed value already. :smokin

Thanks fam. I wish I could hit em over the head for the whole mortgage but I can't because my other unit is only a 1 bedroom.

Its all good though. I make more than enough to cover everything so I'm saving my rental income for a garage fence. My place was recently renovated but they skimped out on those parts.

I can't even be mad though I caught it for about 10K under the assessed value already.
smokin.gif
that equity 
nthat.gif

So I just accepted a job offer today and now I am planning on moving out my parents crib and living in the San Diego area for the next 1-3 years. Any idea on how I should go about renting a one-bedroom apartment? What fees or things to watch out for? Suburbs vs Downtown? Would it even be worth buying a lot of furniture if I have to sell it all in a couple years?

Last edited:
Depends. Good credit usually trumps fees and deposits. I would take a trip just to see the area before I moved. Look at it during the day and night. Also that is what ikea furniture is for. You can start with a bed and make your way through the house.

Depends. Good credit usually trumps fees and deposits. I would take a trip just to see the area before I moved. Look at it during the day and night. Also that is what ikea furniture is for. You can start with a bed and make your way through the house.

Thanks man.

hey so as far as decorating, what's niketalk using for display cases?  sorry if this topic is already existing in an faq thing since it's also a sneaker related thing and all

Last edited:
^Can't help you but saw the Innerspeaker avy :pimp:. Great album. Just got the Lonerism vinyl framed. Will post pics soon

word, best album I've heard in years.  like as an actual album, not just a buncha songs thrown together that don't really mesh well.  I hear something new every time I listen to it.  sorry, can't really articulate that as eloquently as your average person with a humanities doctorate or even hack writer/blogger.  this relates to the thread cause you want decent music at your crib.

Get rid of that Anglepoise knock off.
Wall mount your TV.
Get rid of your toys. You're a grown *** man for God's sake.
Upgrade your iMac. Joint looks like it's ready to be donated to Goodwill.

Other than that nice place :smile:

Think I am going to install Hardwoods throughout my Living Area. Currently the Hardwood is in the Dining and Kitchen. Plan on extending it though the living room and basement.

Think I am going to install Hardwoods throughout my Living Area. Currently the Hardwood is in the Dining and Kitchen. Plan on extending it though the living room and basement.

Has your basement ever flooded? If so, I'd consider a good quality laminate instead given the savings. Cheaper to replace if something goes wrong and there are some really good looking laminates out there now.

Back
Top Bottom