Avatar was corny, am I the only who feels this way?

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

I think im the only person who hasnt seen this movie yet
you're not the only one. I'm waiting until all the hype dies down.

Originally Posted by eghckk

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

I think im the only person who hasnt seen this movie yet
you're not the only one. I'm waiting until all the hype dies down.

It was a cool experience to see it in 3-D. I just appreciate movies that have meaning and substance to them. My main problem with the movie was that as aviewer of the movie (not knowing much about how movies are made), I want to think about what messages the movie has, if any. I don't like to be spoon fedlike I'm some fool.

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

ya'll are a bunch of morons if at any point in time you thought this movie would have more substance than it did. It was clearly a showcase of the technology from the go. Nothing more nothing less. It was good for what it was.
bingo!
Exactly.
Originally Posted by IM A HELION

I haven't...prolly gonna cop on bootleg soon.
This is one of those movies you gotta watch in theaters...don't even bother with bootleg.
Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

I dont see how you guys say you dont know what we expected but special effects. I expected a movie. I usually go to the movies to watch a story not to watch effects. If you are only going to give me half of what I wanted I would like half of my money back.
Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

You sound pretty ignorant yourself.

A white man saving an African race or some other type of minority race? ......yea I guess it was aight.

-The Juice

Avatar is to Pocahontas as The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was to Forrest Gump

Movie was really good though

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

I dont see how you guys say you dont know what we expected but special effects. I expected a movie. I usually go to the movies to watch a story not to watch effects. If you are only going to give me half of what I wanted I would like half of my money back.
i know what you're saying, but people are saying that avatar is like a mcdonald;s fast food, you know what you';re gonna get when you gothere so don't be surprised and always have lower expectations.... the sad state of our society nowadays that we have to lower our expectations in returnfor our hard earned dollars.....

it was a modern day Pocahontas as far as the storyline, predictable. and accordin to my anthropology teacher today, they came up way short on the detailed partof the movie, but the graphics were dope

if the makers of the mvie focused on the story/plot or theme of the movie as much as they did for the graphics and special effects then it wouldve lived up tothe hype

didnt live up to my expectations,
altho i didnt see it in 3d.
the good thing is this movie will pave the way for better films.

Im still surprised as many people went to see it as they did. I never had any interest in watching the movie.

Amazing effects (saw it in 3D) but otherwise, pretty dull. Should have spent my 15 dollars for something else.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

It was preaching to the qire basically
Son, your spelling recently has been dismal to say the least. You must be doing it on purpose.
laugh.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
ah damn..

It was ok..highly overrated. Some of my friends reviews went something like this..

"avatar..omg best movie I've ever seen!"

"avatar..see it NOWWW" ..

"avatarrr im going to see it for the 20th time"

Originally Posted by chris steez

if the makers of the mvie focused on the story/plot or theme of the movie as much as they did for the graphics and special effects then it wouldve lived up to the hype

you're an imbecile. read about the reasons avatar was hyped up before the release. they weren't talking about the damn script or originality of thestory, they were talking about how cameron was gonna blow everyone away with the world he created and the way he was gonna present it.

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

Originally Posted by chris steez

if the makers of the mvie focused on the story/plot or theme of the movie as much as they did for the graphics and special effects then it wouldve lived up to the hype

you're an imbecile. read about the reasons avatar was hyped up before the release. they weren't talking about the damn script or originality of the story, they were talking about how cameron was gonna blow everyone away with the world he created and the way he was gonna present it.
laugh.gif
u mad, what I said is still true, the planet he createdwas ooooo so original huh? like i said it didn't live up to the hype (IMO) i apologize for hurting your E-motions didn't know you were a na'vi.

Back
Top Bottom