Avatar was corny, am I the only who feels this way?

Originally Posted by chris steez

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

if the makers of the mvie focused on the story/plot or theme of the movie as much as they did for the graphics and special effects then it wouldve lived up to the hype

you're an imbecile. read about the reasons avatar was hyped up before the release. they weren't talking about the damn script or originality of the story, they were talking about how cameron was gonna blow everyone away with the world he created and the way he was gonna present it.
laugh.gif
u mad, what I said is still true, the planet he created was ooooo so original huh? like i said it didn't live up to the hype (IMO) i apologize for hurting your E-motions didn't know you were a na'vi.

are you saying it's not? name me a movie where there was as much detail paid to creating a new world/environment.

and you are contradicting yourself. you're saying that what you said is true, yet you agree that it is your opinion; sorry to say but the definition of anopinion is that it holds no truth or lies, just perspective.

if the makers of the mvie focused on the story/plot or theme of the movie as much as they did for the graphics and special effects then it wouldve lived up to the hype

you're an imbecile. read about the reasons avatar was hyped up before the release. they weren't talking about the damn script or originality of the story, they were talking about how cameron was gonna blow everyone away with the world he created and the way he was gonna present it.
laugh.gif
u mad, what I said is still true, the planet he created was ooooo so original huh? like i said it didn't live up to the hype (IMO) i apologize for hurting your E-motions didn't know you were a na'vi.

are you saying it's not? name me a movie where there was as much detail paid to creating a new world/environment.

and you are contradicting yourself. you're saying that what you said is true, yet you agree that it is your opinion; sorry to say but the definition of an opinion is that it holds no truth or lies, just perspective.
My opinion is that it didn't live up to the hype...what i said about the focus on the storyline is true, im done debating with you on whetheror not this movie is THE BEST MOVIE EVER or whether it lacked originality...all im saying is it couldve been 10 times better than what it was and that ive seenmovies 10 times better...

-end it's just a movie don't stress it comrade

laugh.gif

and you are contradicting yourself. you're saying that what you said is true, yet you agree that it is your opinion; sorry to say but the definition of an opinion is that it holds no truth or lies, just perspective.
My opinion is that it didn't live up to the hype...what i said about the focus on the storyline is true, im done debating with you on whether or not this movie is THE BEST MOVIE EVER or whether it lacked originality...all im saying is it couldve been 10 times better than what it was and that ive seen movies 10 times better...

-end it's just a movie don't stress it comrade

lol, you know what could make it 10x better and you know what a movie 10x better is. right on comrade.

Movie kinda sucked. And by kinda, I mean it really sucked. Story, acting, writing, is all pretty horrible.

Yeah, the story isn't very original, but that wasn't the point of the movie.

I think that the visuals by themselves are enough of a reason to see the movie.

Overall, it was a very entertaining movie and I really enjoyed it.

--It had corny dialogue and predictable story..but the movie is still
pimp.gif
--Best effects I've ever seen in a movie by far. CGI was on point.

i'm just shocked that the movie made as much money as it did. i found it to be slightly cliche but the visuals made it bearable to watch. i hope theydon't make a second one, though.

I thought the movie was really good.
pimp.gif

When they went in their Avatar it reminded me of The Matrix.
laugh.gif

I've been riding the Avatar bandwagon since the day the movie was announced so my expectations going in were enormously high and I did not come outdisappointed. I'll admit the story overall was lacking, but I still came out of the movie looking like this,
eek.gif
, it was probably the most incredible movie experience of my life.

I don't know about people complaining about the acting, I thought it was pretty good throughout with Michelle Rodriguez being the only weak link. ZoeSaldana, in particular, gave a great preformance that'll probably never be recognized.

And after all the complaints, Avatar is still one of the front-runners for Best Picture and at the end of its box office run it will almost certainly beatTitanic to become the highest grossing movie of all time. At the end of the day, Avatar wins.
pimp.gif

this movie was
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
in 3D!

i'm not saying the plot was amazing.. but when you consider the incredible visuals, that was probably the best movie i have ever seen in a theater.

btw was Michelle Rodriguez the latina chick who flew the chopper? i wasnt even paying attention to her acting, she was sexy
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dunks87

i'm just shocked that the movie made as much money as it did. i found it to be slightly cliche but the visuals made it bearable to watch. i hope they don't make a second one, though.

Bearable to watch? lol Just reminded me of some guy that said Final Fantasy:The Spirits Within was better visually than Avatar.

Cameron said a trilogy would be made if the movie did well and so far it's looking pretty good.

People complain that it's unoriginal and cliche then don't want an opportunity to see a second one that would be a new story?

Originally Posted by kimahrioftheronsotribe

i'm just shocked that the movie made as much money as it did. i found it to be slightly cliche but the visuals made it bearable to watch. i hope they don't make a second one, though.

Bearable to watch? lol Just reminded me of some guy that said Final Fantasy:The Spirits Within was better visually than Avatar.

Cameron said a trilogy would be made if the movie did well and so far it's looking pretty good.

People complain that it's unoriginal and cliche then don't want an opportunity to see a second one that would be a new story?

frankly, i could care less if they make 2 or 200, I'm not going to lose any sleep over their decision to go forth with making more. my voice like all theother "nay" sayers in here are not capable of stopping the oppportunity from arising. it's not THAT SERIOUS.
laugh.gif

I thought it was nice but not worth all the hype. It is the 4th highest grossing movie of all time though and this is only it's fifth week out.

I thought the movie was ok, only because of the special effects and action sequences. Definitely not terrible but I was surprised when people were clapping atthe end. There were some incredibly corny parts in the end, especially when he starts rounding up the troops.

Originally Posted by kimahrioftheronsotribe

frankly, i could care less if they make 2 or 200, I'm not going to lose any sleep over their decision to go forth with making more. my voice like all the other "nay" sayers in here are not capable of stopping the oppportunity from arising. it's not THAT SERIOUS.
laugh.gif
Just funny seeing you say that you hope they don't produce another one then turn around and say it's fine and dandy if they make more.

You're right though it's not serious.
laugh.gif

recycledpaper wrote:

lord of the rings? star wars? 3d was hot, script was pretty much hot garbage. it's an enjoyable movie though.

Back
Top Bottom