Asics Love?!? Where is it?

I'd say the blocks on NMD are used to firm up the midsole.  The blocks have tabs that extend into the midsole for support.  The cushioning on NMD's is more firm than the UB

Those legos are what maintain the structure of the upper preventing the foot from slipping out of the sole.

But they also have an aesthetic purpose of course 
wink.gif

yea nmd gets those lego pieces from the micropacer, the last kobes had a little plate right in that spot too but much smaller

The adidas rising star is the inspiration behind the protruding pieces on the sole of the nmd. The rising star has tabs surrounding the back of the midsole that are used to change the firmness of the cushioning. They protrude to allow the user to easily pull them out to get a softer ride. I guess adidas was more inspired by their look than their functionality, which is why they never made the pieces removable.

NMD are whack to me. Nothing to them. Typical hypebeast shoe. And no I'm not saying you have to be a beast to like NMDs but most are. They're good to buy and sell to cop more asics and NBs tho lol

NMD are whack to me. Nothing to them. Typical hypebeast shoe. And no I'm not saying you have to be a beast to like NMDs but most are. They're good to buy and sell to cop more asics and NBs tho lol
lol I don't understand the hype for them at all

I think a lot of dudes are just into them because they're yeezy-esq

I think people are just into them because of the way adidas promotes the OG and how fast it flew, and it took off from there.

lol I don't understand the hype for them at all

I think a lot of dudes are just into them because they're yeezy-esq
Thats def a factor.

For me its the boost 
pimp.gif
 nothing else compares at the moment. That said, NMDs are about my least fave boost shoe

Last edited:
PK NMD's are extremely comfortable.  I picked up OG's before the hype...when everyone was laughing and calling them "lego blocks." I tried the mesh pairs on in store, however, and did not like them at all. PK makes or breaks the shoe imo. I'm a fan of almost all shoes....asics, nb, adidas, nike, reebok...they all have a place in my rotation lol....but yeah NMD PK...one of my favorites right now..

Some of the PK's look pretty nice imo. I really like those white camos. Most of the mesh look kinda crappy though. I can't believe they had a live raffle in my city for the Mono mesh pairs. Joints have restocked like a zillion times already. :x I guess that's what happens when you don't have a US shipping address and live in a release starved area.

Last edited:
Adidas just reinvented the slip on lifestyle shoe and add a boost sole to it. What more do we need...

Some of the PK's look pretty nice imo. I really like those white camos. Most of the mesh look kinda crappy though. I can't believe they had a live raffle in my city for the Mono mesh pairs. Joints have restocked like a zillion times already. :x I guess that's what happens when you don't have a US shipping address and live in a release starved area.

It's the ZX flux effect all over again.

Anyone looking for the after hours pack? Shoe galkery has them for $40 + shipping.

Back
Top Bottom