Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Yeah I agree, I didn't like them either, the UC on the other hand are long overdue, I'm waiting for another release date for a pair of different kicks, but if I don't end up coppin' I'ma cop me the UCs

Peanut butter ropes from dopelaces.bigcartel.com

From these pics, I really think I prefer flat laces in the gl3s. Proto pulled the rope laces off pretty well in the UCs tho.

I think guys are getting too carried away with ropes.  They don't look good in everything, I think they actually take away from the look of most shoes i see people putting them in.  

I do appreciate the functionality of the better quality ropes though, they can actually make a slightly loose shoe feel more form fitting because of the thickness of the lace.

I think Im only gonna buy ropes for like my urban camos and the GR Gel Lyte Vs. Other than that I dont think the ropes need to be put in shoes especially if the shoe is already nice

From these pics, I really think I prefer flat laces in the gl3s. Proto pulled the rope laces off pretty well in the UCs tho.

thanx. i think the trick is to use black ropes with some light highlights in the UC's... maintains the stealth look... not a fan of lighter colored laces in that colorway, rope or flat.

agreed that ropes don't look good in everything. some of these lace swaps don't look good, or is doing too much, imo.

Last edited:
so to those saying you like the guardians better then the vanquish i think you are setting yourself up for disappointment.  for one the "greenish" material looks to be the exact same material as the black material on the vanquish only a different color.  and two, the "faded camo" or "light camo" or whatever you want to call it looks to me like it is actually the same camo that is utilized on the vanquish only they put the "metal" mesh over all of it (basically the the same as the panel in the center of the logo and the two holes on the toes of the vanquish) 

could be wrong since i havent seen them in person but at this point i dont think i am.

also no one mentioned these?????:

Really like the ropes in some of these kicks....really hoping shipping aint gonna be that much once they go online tho... 

I'm not a fan of the midsole stripes, but I still don't think I've seen a custom that looks better.

Back
Top Bottom