Asics Love?!? Where is it?

My first try at Kith shoes, the Super Red 2s, I got through REAL easy. It's just a luck/timing thing. Depends on what size you're going for also.

while i like some of them (and have bought them), anyone with access to an iD site crank out these single color monotone releases he's done, like an all mint shoe, an all pink shoe, an all red, an all grey, all turquoise, etc.

it's not like his ideas have just been amazing, they're actually quite simple and easy to come up with.

i prefer his colorways like these neptunes, or the ultra-marines, where the asics stripes and other lil' parts are an offset color that pops and works well together.

sure, his limited releases might have still caught on (cuz you're right, anything limited usually draws hype), but he woulda had to work a whole lot harder to come up with better, more intricate colorways, not available on the iD site, had there been one available to the public this whole time.

even his materials haven't been the best, imo the suede on the teal dragons dookie on the pigskin he always uses (i even prefer the suede on the slam jams and grey ARCs, plus the shape is better)...

i'm not trying to come off as another OD RF hater, like i said, i've actually defended him quite a bit, just calling it like i see it.

funny how I obtained a pair through Kithstrike... people didnt want to pay $240 and kept lowballing at $200 and lower....they sellout on kith.com friday morning....2m inutes later my pair sells for $300...wtf :lol:

Neptunes are nice...but not better than his Steel Blue NBs......almost the same idea on both shoes,just diff. shades of blue and grey...both are :pimp:

I got my size 11. first kith success, and im glad its these.
Out of curiosity i tried at 11:06 and was able to add the 11 to cart, not sure if i could check out though

You can't. I was literally refreshing the page every second or 2 right before and after 11:00 and put a size 11 in the cart as soon as it went up and went right to check out, but got that same inventory issues message. There is literally nothing I could have done any faster. Ronnie Fieg releases just aren't in the cards for me until they start releasing more pairs.

You can't. I was literally refreshing the page every second or 2 right before and after 11:00 and put a size 11 in the cart as soon as it went up and went right to check out, but got that same inventory issues message. There is literally nothing I could have done any faster. Ronnie Fieg releases just aren't in the cards for me until they start releasing more pairs.

I was doing the same at 11:00 on the dot and just couldn't check out my 10.5. I kept getting the stock problems page. I eventually gave up at 11:04, but it sucks to hear that other cats got their pair at a later time.

Anyone idea what the going rate for salmon toes are right now? I see one auction for these pop up like... once every couple of months and i'm feeling like if I don't scoop up a pair soon... I'll never get the chance to. What do you guys think? Go aggressive or sit back and something will come along...?

I don't NEED these shoes but at the same time I want them. I have some money to spend but I never thought I'd be offering 400+ for a pair of asics.

Anyone idea what the going rate for salmon toes are right now? I see one auction for these pop up like... once every couple of months and i'm feeling like if I don't scoop up a pair soon... I'll never get the chance to. What do you guys think? Go aggressive or sit back and something will come along...?
I don't NEED these shoes but at the same time I want them. I have some money to spend but I never thought I'd be offering 400+ for a pair of asics.
I'm rarely seeing these pop up on eBay too, and usually come with a ridiculous price tag. Two auctions right now, one at 600+ and another at 430.. I really don't see these popping up at this point below $300, if you got the cash and want them I'd act somewhat soon cause I'm thinking the price will stay lateral for a bit then just keep climbing as DS are more uncommon as well as RF releases getting more and more popular.

I guess you just gotta figure out how much is too much... who knows maybe RF will just get big enough where he will start having "retros" of past releases, so you could pick up a pair in 2014 for retail
roll.gif

I guess you just gotta figure out how much is too much... who knows maybe RF will just get big enough where he will start having "retros" of past releases, so you could pick up a pair in 2014 for retail :rofl:

good one :lol: doubt RF will ever have retros. i've never seen a collaboration in Asics retrod, correct me if i'm wrong.

i'm 99% sure you're correct on that, i wouldn't even care how general the release was, i just want some of those older collabs for under $600.. apparently that's way too much to ask :frown:

you see any signs of glue stains?? I see a lot of people posting about that being an issue, which leads me to not want to drop the price of resellers on these..

you see any signs of glue stains?? I see a lot of people posting about that being an issue, which leads me to not want to drop the price of resellers on these..

a friend of mine has a pair and he had a couple aswell

My opinion on Kithnyc.com is if you live in new york and have a good internet connection you will have a better chance in buying them online then someone who has the same internet connection that lives in california ? Thats what i think. I been sucessful in the last 3 pair ofs asics from RF online really really easy. So thats why i dont bother camping out for them. and also got a pair of the nike Supreme SB in my size. online pretty quick and easy as well. the only attempted that i failed was when i wanted to buy the NB Concepts..
mean.gif

Yeah.. I haven't seen a size 8 or 8.5 in months.. so I thought I'd just pull the trigger since I've been looking for these for a while now... and doubt the price will go down at all, unless people hop off RF. which I don't see happening anytime soon. the neptune release was the highest traffic on their website ever... :smh: I feel like RF releases will only go up from now on...

Yeah.. I haven't seen a size 8 or 8.5 in months.. so I thought I'd just pull the trigger since I've been looking for these for a while now... and doubt the price will go down at all, unless people hop off RF. which I don't see happening anytime soon. the neptune release was the highest traffic on their website ever...
mean.gif
I feel like RF releases will only go up from now on...
I feel like I'm in the same boat with the GTII Super Red 2.0s, rarely do I see a Size 10 show up.. then everytime one does I put it on my watch list... look at it everyday... then never pull the trigger.. I need to just make it it happen already. Congrats if you picked them up though, I'm sure you won't regret it.

I feel like I'm in the same boat with the GTII Super Red 2.0s, rarely do I see a Size 10 show up.. then everytime one does I put it on my watch list... look at it everyday... then never pull the trigger.. I need to just make it it happen already. Congrats if you picked them up though, I'm sure you won't regret it.
How much are you willing to pay for the Super Reds? I have them DS in 10, but I really like them. PM me and if the price is right, I may sell

Yeah just sent the payment for the salmon toes.

The super reds, I was lucky enough to trade a pair of DS olympic 6s for a VVVNDS pair of super reds... then sold the VVVNDS pair and used that money to cop a DS pair in my size. Spent about $180 on the 6s. So I'd say that was a win... :smokin

Next time you see a 10, just email the seller, give him a fair price through paypal and see what happens, don't even bother waiting for the auction to end because 50 other people are watching and sending him offers at the same time. If you have any doubts, just go to the RF lookbook and check out that hot chick in the super reds. :lol:

Yeah just sent the payment for the salmon toes.
The super reds, I was lucky enough to trade a pair of DS olympic 6s for a VVVNDS pair of super reds... then sold the VVVNDS pair and used that money to cop a DS pair in my size. Spent about $180 on the 6s. So I'd say that was a win...
smokin.gif

Next time you see a 10, just email the seller, give him a fair price through paypal and see what happens, don't even bother waiting for the auction to end because 50 other people are watching and sending him offers at the same time. If you have any doubts, just go to the RF lookbook and check out that hot chick in the super reds.
laugh.gif
That's a crafty move, find it funny that dude traded some super reds for olypic 6s though.. I think after I replenish my sneaker fund (this past weekend was brutal) I'm going to just make it happen.

*Stafa I'm coming for you in like a month for your Super Reds
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom