Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Volcano GLVs I think look really nice with this color rope laces.

Also, I just think rope laces look a lot better when laced like this:

Compared to the picture I posted earlier

Last edited:
I just think certain models look good with Ropes. I love GL3 and GLV with ropes, same with the GT2. But most if not all new balances I like with their flat oversized laces.

agreed, not every GL3, GT2, etc, needs ropes... some just look better with the right color flats...

i also agree that the lace job on those miami's up there looks horrible, but unfortunately is how most seem to lace up GL3's... lacing under just looks bad in general, because it creates a inconsistency in that 2nd lace hole, and ruins it (and most shoes come laced like this, so i almost always have to relace every shoe, over, instead of under)... how those volcano's are laced there is exactly how i prefer, except i prefer a bigger bow (makes the shoe look smaller, and just generally looks better to me, in fact, i'd rather not tie them at all than have a small bow like that)...

those miami's look best with the green and white ropes... the orange is too much, IMO. every time i see them with orange ropes i don't even like the shoe... lol.

i tried ropes in my OG alvin's early last year, but prefer the white flats they come with.

Prefer flats in the Alvins, but those Soleboxes look nice with ropes!

yup! that's the same conclusion i came to as well.

switched back to the white flats in the alvin's after i took this pic.

the ropes really add something to the sole box's that was missing tho.

Last edited:
agreed, not every GL3, GT2, etc, needs ropes... some just look better with the right color flats...

i also agree that the lace job on those miami's up there looks horrible, but unfortunately is how most seem to lace up GL3's... lacing under just looks bad in general, because it creates a inconsistency in that 2nd lace hole, and ruins it (and most shoes come laced like this, so i almost always have to relace every shoe, over, instead of under)... how those volcano's are laced there is exactly how i prefer, except i prefer a bigger bow (makes the shoe look smaller, and just generally looks better to me, in fact, i'd rather not tie them at all than have a small bow like that)...

those miami's look best with the green and white ropes... the orange is too much, IMO. every time i see them with orange ropes i don't even like the shoe... lol.

i tried ropes in my OG alvin's early last year, but prefer the white flats they come with.
this both look better than i thought. 

the laces that come with the alvins are specific, so i feel like they're just better fit. 

It's funny how much opinions differ on this. I personally wouldn't ever rock them like this, just looks goofy to me with them tied so low. At the same time, the sloppy lace job on the Miamis up there isn't really my style either. I'd say out of all these pics, I prefer the way the Volcanos are laced.

Also just peeped these for sale on a FB group.. I was interested in them, but the more pics I see, the more underwhelming they look.

It's funny how much opinions differ on this. I personally wouldn't ever rock them like this, just looks goofy to me with them tied so low. At the same time, the sloppy lace job on the Miamis up there isn't really my style either. I'd say out of all these pics, I prefer the way the Volcanos are laced.

Also just peeped these for sale on a FB group.. I was interested in them, but the more pics I see, the more underwhelming they look.
i dunno man, those concepts look so sick to me. definitely going for this one at least. Still on the fence for the puke coloured one.

And really can't wait for magento to rear his ugly head again this weekend.

Ubiqs and Cncpts are an easy pass. Waiting for better pics of the Bodegas, but from what's been leaked, I'm liking them so far.

Flat Laces >

i dunno man, those concepts look so sick to me. definitely going for this one at least. Still on the fence for the puke coloured one.

And really can't wait for magento to rear his ugly head again this weekend.
yeah i like the color blocking

alvins are finally in...there was enough talk about the differences to the og, but i'm really happy like a child for getting 2 pairs!

already threw one pair on while working on my bike....

Anybody know where I can try on the asics GT 2s in store? Would love to get the sizing right so I can cop. Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom