Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Not really I know they had a lot of pairs and they can't predict hype. Stores do it all the Time I'm not even big into asics but it's common sense that if a store says its an online release its pending until the locals are taken care of which is completely fair.

Difference of opinion here. Yes, a lot of stores do it, BUT most state that if there is any remaining inventory then that will go online so that ppl don't get their hopes up. Concepts stated on their IG post that there would be and instore and online release, so one would assume that a few pairs would have been set aside. It is what it is, but it would've been nice if they would've had the courtesy to let ppl know that there wasn't going to be an online release. Just give your customers an update is all.

But with that, congrats to those who copped! They look great!

Every botuque does it. If you've ever worked at a sneaker store it's hard. You have to hold down loyal customers and there's temptation from taking higher offers from people. I'm not saying it's right but it's gonna happen everywhere. I see people in this thread *****ing about reselling but those are the same people that resell/skip lines too. Is this thread always like this after a 25th collab? Because honestly I didn't camp since this in 3 years and this release was easy...

But it should be like that. Hook up the locals and reward them for their patronage. Just not the maggot resellers. That's what I loathe!

^
eek.gif
 Someone better grab that quick, that listing is not going to last long... 

I wouldn't even have thought about it, missed out on too many things just trying to message the seller for a lower price on a steal

Yeah same here. But ive saved sooo much money that way. So much that an extra $25 wouldnt have hurt in this case lol But Im pretty confident (hoping) that alot more pairs will pop up and ill be able to score for under $300. Hopefully its not just wishful thinking.

I have always been curious about the backdooring. Do boutiques sell them at full box price $160 to these resellers, or marked up higher ? And if so how much higher ? I mean if just $20-30 higher why do stores bother doing that ? They're going to sell out in store anyway and at least you get a happy customer who would be a returning customer.

But if they are backdoored for way above box price, say $100 above - doesn't it also make it more difficult for the reseller to move it unless he charges a higher price ?

From what I know, the resellers are paying above box price on the hyped releases, especially if you're not the power eBay seller type reseller what also takes the trash releases from these shops as well.

High volume resellers like 23Penny are getting cut breaks on the crappy releases which is why they're still able to offer them at a decent price and still make it worth their time. So when it's time for a high dollar release like Hanons, he's paying above box price, but compared to what he stands to make....it's still a good flip for him.

Bottom line is stored should be able to provide a full size run. But we don't live in a perfect world so stuff like this is gonna go on. It's hard for boutiques to delegate how other botuque shamble releases. Boutiques just can't say we're not gonna sell to you because your a reseller. A lot of these re sellers know employees spend a lot of money there not just on shoes to resell and bring in hype which is all positive things for the store and no I'm not a reseller.

I have always been curious about the backdooring. Do boutiques sell them at full box price $160 to these resellers, or marked up higher ? And if so how much higher ? I mean if just $20-30 higher why do stores bother doing that ? They're going to sell out in store anyway and at least you get a happy customer who would be a returning customer.

But if they are backdoored for way above box price, say $100 above - doesn't it also make it more difficult for the reseller to move it unless he charges a higher price ?

$425 is ******ed. I'd rather pay the single guy getting 1/2 pairs versus a hog-piling maggot reseller. I can't be alone. I bet my left nut on it.

This may be obvious but most boutiques (not corporate chains) would not sell this many pairs to any one buyer. I'll go out on a limb and suggest that these boutiques often confuse their customers with people the reseller hired (to stand in line and eventually go in the store to make the purchase). So when I see a stash like that, experience tells me a reseller most likely made an investment higher than retail. This is one of the factors that contributes to the inflated reality of countless "backdoors" and "plugs".

Just my opinion but $100 over box on that amount of hanons may be an investment we all look back at one day with a little envy... And salt.

It definitely seems like not as many stores got these as other 25th anniversarys. I stand by my statement that the moonrocks were easier to get than these.

Trying to figure out what's the next pair I'm striking out on. Any suggestion guys? Saltiest I've seen this thread in a while. Sucks that we can't win them all, but it's life.

Worst part was the pretty much non-existent online releases.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom