Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Hey guys, I don't own a single pair of Asics anything. Last time I did, I was in grade school. I sifted through some pages to find any answers to my question, but they all seem to be about specific models. Anyhow, I'm just looking for a straight answer on GLV fitting, that's all. I have slightly wider feet than the norm. To give you guys an idea, I wear a size 8.5 in roshe's and an 8 in most NB's(996, 997, 1300). I've heard everything from "buy tts on GLV's" to "go a half size up, because they typically fit pretty snug". I'm hoping to snag a pair of Packer's GLV's this weekend and I don't know how bad the hype is, but I figure it's probably unrealistic to think that they'd sit around long enough for me to be able to exchange them for a different size if it doesn't fit. Thanks for any helpful responses guys...
I'd go up .5 a size if I were you. A few reasons. 1, your feet are wide, and 2 you're probably more apt to find someone to buy a size 9 than a size 8.5 if you need to offload them. From the skimming this forum on the Bodegas, I think I recall a lot of people saying they should have gone up .5 size because of the Gortex. Best thing you can do IMO is find a store in your area with GLVs. More times than not, for me, TTS fits; however, I went TTS on my first pair of Sages and they were tight. With the liner in the GLV, if they're a little big, you should be ok since it "hugs" your foot. May have a little more room up front than you'd like, but they shouldn't flop around, or worse, hurt your feet because they're too damn small. Just my 2 cents.

Hey guys, I don't own a single pair of Asics anything. Last time I did, I was in grade school. I sifted through some pages to find any answers to my question, but they all seem to be about specific models. Anyhow, I'm just looking for a straight answer on GLV fitting, that's all. I have slightly wider feet than the norm. To give you guys an idea, I wear a size 8.5 in roshe's and an 8 in most NB's(996, 997, 1300). I've heard everything from "buy tts on GLV's" to "go a half size up, because they typically fit pretty snug". I'm hoping to snag a pair of Packer's GLV's this weekend and I don't know how bad the hype is, but I figure it's probably unrealistic to think that they'd sit around long enough for me to be able to exchange them for a different size if it doesn't fit. Thanks for any helpful responses guys...
.5 up for glv/iii

#teamWidefoot

Last edited:

nerd.gif

Last edited:

I have a wider foot but not crazy. TTS works just fine on GLVs. Some people will tell you to .5 up for the Gore-Tex models and I have seen people say TTS since you are starting with that one. The .5 up on the Gore-Tex might not be too bad. However generally speaking just stick to TTS on GLVs

False flags vs. Dali's - what's the consensus?  Better quality and better overall shoe?
They are both nice. I dont have my Dali in yet but the whole "ashy" thing applies to both shoes. They both look like they could use some moisturizer, however that is one of the things that adds to the look of the shoes, so I wouldn't use that as a negative toward FF because then that same negative would apply to the Dali as well.

I guess I was lucky with my FF, no glue stains, no dings no complaints except the laces.  I will be able to compare quality  on both when my Dali comes in but I think they are both equally nice.

the packer gores are killer is asics going to change up the models maybe a non runner ..i saw the basketball colorway but theyve only done 2 colorways ... they need more variety

the packer gores are killer is asics going to change up the models maybe a non runner ..i saw the basketball colorway but theyve only done 2 colorways ... they need more variety
Gore-Tex on runners because people are outdoors in the rain running, runners are more of an outdoor shoe it fits the theme more on a runner even if its for casual wear. Feet would be crazy sweaty playing ball in some Gore-Tex so it would never really fit that type of shoe. At least I don't think its practical lol.

Gore-Tex on runners because people are outdoors in the rain running, runners are more of an outdoor shoe it fits the theme more on a runner even if its for casual wear. Feet would be crazy sweaty playing ball in some Gore-Tex so it would never really fit that type of shoe. At least I don't think its practical lol.
no im saying they had some bball goretex they need to release more .. i just think their killing the running models./ colors their in abundance right now ... its getting ridiculous , plus all the fieg collabs etc

Packer always does Basketball shoe collabs, they did like 4-5 last year. Even Ronnie does non runner collabs, they just don't get the spotlight like the runners. The market on runners is getting bigger which is why so many collabs, you are in a mostly runner thread, which is why you see the runners. I personally don't mind it because then its going to push these people that are coming out with Bball shoes and collabs to step it up and start switching models. I don't think there will ever be a Gore-Tex bball shoe though. 

Edit: They did 6 Bball shoe collabs and like 6-7 runner collabs.

Last edited:
Well lookie here... There's a whole thread dedicated to RF talk.

http://niketalk.com/forum/newestpost/536134
sorry but they are also Asics bruh. but thanks for the link :rofl:
thats not the point...

Regulars in this thread requested that we create an RF specific thread to rid the RF clutter that ends up in here.

If anyone has questions, comments, or would like to share any info pertaining to Ronnie Fieg/Kith releases, please do so in the proper thread.

Thanks.

So I really need those all red Valentines GLVs! At first i thought they were in womans sizes only but i just saw the link posted on here a couple days back from Craze and it looked like a full mens size run. Crrazes preorder is sold out otherwise id do that. Can anyone clear this up for me? Do you think they will be easy to grab? 
I own a store with an Asics account that is getting these as well. They will be coming in Men's sizes and will be similar to the Xmas pack as far as how hard they will be to get.

Last edited:
I own a store with an Asics account that is getting these as well. They will be coming in Men's sizes and will be similar to the Xmas pack as far as how hard they will be to get.
any insight on those mitas? Will your store be getting them?

So not hard at all basically lol What is the name of your store? Would like to tell a few people about it.

So not hard at all basically lol What is the name of your store? Would like to tell a few people about it.
Haha, the GLVs will go quick though like the Snowman...the store is Motivation, we are in Ann Arbor, MI - mtvtn.com. Been open for 7 years now but just started stocking ASICS a few seasons ago. Anyone needs anything in the future Im definitely down to hook NT fam up with 10% off or something...was on NT heavy years ago with my personal account and definitely got the hook up many times when I was into AF1s and such.

describing the ff's is hard. only way I can describe it is if you were looking at a car that had a flat black matte job done to it. in hand they ain't ashy at all.

Back
Top Bottom