As of today, the MVP of the NBA is...

Originally Posted by S4L3

Take Amare off the Knicks and they have about 10 wins right now, at the most.
...and with him, they're just as bad.

student_counting_fingers.png

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Even though he's one of my fav players in the league I'd have Dirk,Amare and Bron ahead of D-Rose
How is Amare more of an MVP than rose? His team is 6 games back from the bulls and he's had as much help if not more than Rose, given that Boozer and Noah have been out for an extended period of time.

Dirk was probably the leading candidate before he got injured and the Mavs fell back to down to earth. His team is stacked and yet the bulls currently have a better record.

Bron always has a case for MVP as he's the best player on the planet bar none, but Wade has been pretty incredible this year as well so he hasn't even been the clear-cut MVP on his own squad.
I'm not gonna get into who is the MVP of this league, but at what point do we dead this nonsense EVERY YEAR? The Mavs are not stacked.

Yeah, especially not since Butler went down.  The Mavs are a good team with a lot of good players, but I wouldn't consider them "stacked."  I think Dirk's value to that team was demonstrated pretty clearly when he was out for a while.  He's definitely an MVP candidate, but, assuming things don't change, I'd have no problems with Rose getting it. 

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Even though he's one of my fav players in the league I'd have Dirk,Amare and Bron ahead of D-Rose
How is Amare more of an MVP than rose? His team is 6 games back from the bulls and he's had as much help if not more than Rose, given that Boozer and Noah have been out for an extended period of time.

Dirk was probably the leading candidate before he got injured and the Mavs fell back to down to earth. His team is stacked and yet the bulls currently have a better record.

Bron always has a case for MVP as he's the best player on the planet bar none, but Wade has been pretty incredible this year as well so he hasn't even been the clear-cut MVP on his own squad.
I'm not gonna get into who is the MVP of this league, but at what point do we dead this nonsense EVERY YEAR? The Mavs are not stacked.

Yeah, especially not since Butler went down.  The Mavs are a good team with a lot of good players, but I wouldn't consider them "stacked."  I think Dirk's value to that team was demonstrated pretty clearly when he was out for a while.  He's definitely an MVP candidate, but, assuming things don't change, I'd have no problems with Rose getting it. 

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

SpottieOttie305 wrote:

I am almost 100% positive that D. Rose or Amare Staudemire won't win the MVP this season.

History is not on their side. This is the first time anybody has ever considered either player as MVP candidates. To be a legit MVP candidate you gotta be consistantly great for at least 1 or 2 seasons. It's not even clear if they are the best players at their positions.

And in my personal opinion the fact that key players on Rose's team are injured actually hurts his chances. Look at the makeup of his team. Who can make plays besides him? LeBron, Dirk, and Dwight Howard are clearly the best players on their perspective teams surrounded by players that can actually score points and make plays.

I have LeBron, Dirk, and Howard as my top 3. D. Rose would be a better candidate next season if he could actually keep up this type of play.

See Steve Nash..

I already mentioned Steve Nash. Find me another player since 1980 to win the MVP out of the blue. The 04-05 Nash is the only example. Which is why Rose's chances are slim.

Out of the blue? 
nerd.gif

Last time I checked, he won Rookie of the Year, and has carried his team to the playoffs since he got here ..

SpottieOttie305 wrote:

I am almost 100% positive that D. Rose or Amare Staudemire won't win the MVP this season.

History is not on their side. This is the first time anybody has ever considered either player as MVP candidates. To be a legit MVP candidate you gotta be consistantly great for at least 1 or 2 seasons. It's not even clear if they are the best players at their positions.

And in my personal opinion the fact that key players on Rose's team are injured actually hurts his chances. Look at the makeup of his team. Who can make plays besides him? LeBron, Dirk, and Dwight Howard are clearly the best players on their perspective teams surrounded by players that can actually score points and make plays.

I have LeBron, Dirk, and Howard as my top 3. D. Rose would be a better candidate next season if he could actually keep up this type of play.

See Steve Nash..

I already mentioned Steve Nash. Find me another player since 1980 to win the MVP out of the blue. The 04-05 Nash is the only example. Which is why Rose's chances are slim.

Out of the blue? 
nerd.gif

Last time I checked, he won Rookie of the Year, and has carried his team to the playoffs since he got here ..

I still think Bron's the MVP of the league. But since he's outta the running for being a !%@$#$+ over the summer, Rose is an okay choice. We'll see how Durant does the rest of the year because he very well could just start tearing it up scoring-wise. If OKC finishes 2nd or higher in the West, I can see Durant taking it.

I still think Bron's the MVP of the league. But since he's outta the running for being a !%@$#$+ over the summer, Rose is an okay choice. We'll see how Durant does the rest of the year because he very well could just start tearing it up scoring-wise. If OKC finishes 2nd or higher in the West, I can see Durant taking it.

Dwight-Howard.jpg

Guy has been a monster lately...They've lost a lot of the games they beasted but as the new members continue to gel and if he keeps up the production, its his award imo.

Dwight-Howard.jpg

Guy has been a monster lately...They've lost a lot of the games they beasted but as the new members continue to gel and if he keeps up the production, its his award imo.

Originally Posted by amel223

I would put Rose in first team over Kobe.

Kobe's good but he's having a pretty quiet year. 

looks at avy.
nerd.gif

not happening. im a fan of d.rose but c'mon now. granted d.rose is having a hell of a year but kobes so-so year this season is regarded by his own standards. kobe still slightly leads him in every major category besides assists. he'll be in the first team not because of reputation but because he is having a good year in NBA standards and is deserving of it.  

now as for him in the first team all defense then thats a different story
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

I would put Rose in first team over Kobe.

Kobe's good but he's having a pretty quiet year. 

looks at avy.
nerd.gif

not happening. im a fan of d.rose but c'mon now. granted d.rose is having a hell of a year but kobes so-so year this season is regarded by his own standards. kobe still slightly leads him in every major category besides assists. he'll be in the first team not because of reputation but because he is having a good year in NBA standards and is deserving of it.  

now as for him in the first team all defense then thats a different story
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

SpottieOttie305 wrote:

See Steve Nash..

Out of the blue? 
nerd.gif

And last time I checked he wasn't even all-NBA third team and didn't get a single MVP vote. It's hard to go from 0 MVP votes to actually winning MVP in a single year. Last year, the guy wasn't considered elite at his position let alone as an overall elite player in the NBA.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

SpottieOttie305 wrote:

See Steve Nash..

Out of the blue? 
nerd.gif

And last time I checked he wasn't even all-NBA third team and didn't get a single MVP vote. It's hard to go from 0 MVP votes to actually winning MVP in a single year. Last year, the guy wasn't considered elite at his position let alone as an overall elite player in the NBA.

Stat, Bron isnt doing crap, the heat would have been a good team regardless if Bron came. I dislike the dude so im bias.

Stat, Bron isnt doing crap, the heat would have been a good team regardless if Bron came. I dislike the dude so im bias.

Rose. This has nothing to do with who is going to win it (which is all very political), but who should actually win it. Rose is the more valuable to the bulls, than is any other player (besides probably howard) to their respective team. Stat wise, he is having a great year, but his stats are also very misleading. He literally does the most with the least, and would have more assists if players other than Boozer (and sometimes Korver) could hit a shot. Rose is a hell of a lot more valuable to the bulls, than kobe is to the lakers. Simple fact.

Does this mean Rose is going to win it? Who knows. As of now, should he win it? Yep.

Rose. This has nothing to do with who is going to win it (which is all very political), but who should actually win it. Rose is the more valuable to the bulls, than is any other player (besides probably howard) to their respective team. Stat wise, he is having a great year, but his stats are also very misleading. He literally does the most with the least, and would have more assists if players other than Boozer (and sometimes Korver) could hit a shot. Rose is a hell of a lot more valuable to the bulls, than kobe is to the lakers. Simple fact.

Does this mean Rose is going to win it? Who knows. As of now, should he win it? Yep.

i unbiasedly have...

1. Rose
2. Stat
3. Dwight

i had Amare as #1 for awhile but him and the Knicks have declined a bit lately and Rose and D12 have been on a tear. i dont really see anyone else as a legit candidate unless possibly Kobe or Durant go off 2nd half of the season

i unbiasedly have...

1. Rose
2. Stat
3. Dwight

i had Amare as #1 for awhile but him and the Knicks have declined a bit lately and Rose and D12 have been on a tear. i dont really see anyone else as a legit candidate unless possibly Kobe or Durant go off 2nd half of the season

He never left.

I'd lean towards Wade slightly over LeBron TBH. He's made more adjustments to his game to play with LeBron and Bosh and is still putting up his big numbers. A/O right now, I don't see how Kobe is 1st team and Rose isn't...

He never left.

I'd lean towards Wade slightly over LeBron TBH. He's made more adjustments to his game to play with LeBron and Bosh and is still putting up his big numbers. A/O right now, I don't see how Kobe is 1st team and Rose isn't...

Back
Top Bottom