As of today, the MVP of the NBA is...

Originally Posted by drop knee 101

pound for pound, blake griffin is the most valuable player to his team
Love the Clippers, but seriously?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

You can't pound for pound a ridiculous comment and think that it makes it any less crazy.
this

You can't pound for pound a ridiculous comment and think that it makes it any less crazy.
this

Originally Posted by SpottieOttie305

I am almost 100% positive that D. Rose or Amare Staudemire won't win the MVP this season.

History is not on their side. This is the first time anybody has ever considered either player as MVP candidates. To be a legit MVP candidate you gotta be consistantly great for at least 1 or 2 seasons. It's not even clear if they are the best players at their positions.

And in my personal opinion the fact that key players on Rose's team are injured actually hurts his chances. Look at the makeup of his team. Who can make plays besides him? LeBron, Dirk, and Dwight Howard are clearly the best players on their perspective teams surrounded by players that can actually score points and make plays.

I have LeBron, Dirk, and Howard as my top 3. D. Rose would be a better candidate next season if he could actually keep up this type of play.

See Steve Nash..

Originally Posted by SpottieOttie305

I am almost 100% positive that D. Rose or Amare Staudemire won't win the MVP this season.

History is not on their side. This is the first time anybody has ever considered either player as MVP candidates. To be a legit MVP candidate you gotta be consistantly great for at least 1 or 2 seasons. It's not even clear if they are the best players at their positions.

And in my personal opinion the fact that key players on Rose's team are injured actually hurts his chances. Look at the makeup of his team. Who can make plays besides him? LeBron, Dirk, and Dwight Howard are clearly the best players on their perspective teams surrounded by players that can actually score points and make plays.

I have LeBron, Dirk, and Howard as my top 3. D. Rose would be a better candidate next season if he could actually keep up this type of play.

See Steve Nash..

themag_DurantNEXT.jpg

Seriously though if it wasn't for westbrook durant wouldn't be where he's at right now, so if today was mvp voting ill vote for these 2 right here 3rd in the WILD WILD WEST! These guys are playing amazingly good basketball.

themag_DurantNEXT.jpg

Seriously though if it wasn't for westbrook durant wouldn't be where he's at right now, so if today was mvp voting ill vote for these 2 right here 3rd in the WILD WILD WEST! These guys are playing amazingly good basketball.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

SpottieOttie305 wrote:

See Steve Nash..

I already mentioned Steve Nash. Find me another player since 1980 to win the MVP out of the blue. The 04-05 Nash is the only example. Which is why Rose's chances are slim.

The people who are voting for the MVP pick their candidate relatively early in the season, and it takes a lot to alter their opinion for the rest of the season. And it's really tough for a player who wasn't considered as elite the previous season to be picked by one of these voters as the MVP early in the season.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

SpottieOttie305 wrote:

See Steve Nash..

I already mentioned Steve Nash. Find me another player since 1980 to win the MVP out of the blue. The 04-05 Nash is the only example. Which is why Rose's chances are slim.

The people who are voting for the MVP pick their candidate relatively early in the season, and it takes a lot to alter their opinion for the rest of the season. And it's really tough for a player who wasn't considered as elite the previous season to be picked by one of these voters as the MVP early in the season.

is it really that ridiculous?  i didnt say most valuable player in the league did i?

is it really that ridiculous?  i didnt say most valuable player in the league did i?

Originally Posted by kash55

Hard to say, no one team or player has clearly stood out this year.

imma have to go with this...been good team ball all year
arguments can be made for multiple ppl but I dont see any clear cut guy right now

Originally Posted by kash55

Hard to say, no one team or player has clearly stood out this year.

imma have to go with this...been good team ball all year
arguments can be made for multiple ppl but I dont see any clear cut guy right now

It's clearly Rose. You CAN'T give it to Lebron because already has 2 "gimmies"... very few get 3... and NOBODY has had a Wade-caliber-output on their team and gotten it, aside from Shaq (I think). And today-Wade > 2000 era-Kobe.

And every other player has less of a claim than Lebron..

It's clearly Rose. You CAN'T give it to Lebron because already has 2 "gimmies"... very few get 3... and NOBODY has had a Wade-caliber-output on their team and gotten it, aside from Shaq (I think). And today-Wade > 2000 era-Kobe.

And every other player has less of a claim than Lebron..

Back
Top Bottom