As of today, the MVP of the NBA is...

So basically, that elementary article says that Rose scores a lot, racks up mediocre assist numbers, and doesn't do either particularly efficiently. Well, then.

So basically, that elementary article says that Rose scores a lot, racks up mediocre assist numbers, and doesn't do either particularly efficiently. Well, then.

No, what the writer is doing is showing gaps in "advanced metrics."

Tell me how Rondo can lead the league in Pure Point Rating but fall out of the top ten in PER. 
grin.gif

Tell me how Rondo can lead the league in Pure Point Rating but fall out of the top ten in PER. 
grin.gif

^if thats the case it says the same thing about Russel Westbrook but y'all love and consistently talk about how efficient he is
laugh.gif

^if thats the case it says the same thing about Russel Westbrook but y'all love and consistently talk about how efficient he is
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

grin.gif
No, all that writer did was look at a bunch of statistics from ESPN, and graph them out for the purposes of illustration. 
As for Rondo, the fact that he shoots atrociously from outside and the FT line, along with his relatively high TO rate, contributes to his PER ranking. And again, PER is not the end all of stats, it's just another analytic tool used in evaluation. Another tool, I might add, that says Derrick Rose has not played at the level of an MVP front runner. 

grin.gif
No, all that writer did was look at a bunch of statistics from ESPN, and graph them out for the purposes of illustration. 
As for Rondo, the fact that he shoots atrociously from outside and the FT line, along with his relatively high TO rate, contributes to his PER ranking. And again, PER is not the end all of stats, it's just another analytic tool used in evaluation. Another tool, I might add, that says Derrick Rose has not played at the level of an MVP front runner. 

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

laugh.gif
Russell can't shoot but he is a good FT shooter who gets to the line almost with the best in the league and is in a different league defensively than Rose.  We've never used Westbrook as a model of efficiency but to point out that you can score points without shooting 25 times a game.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

laugh.gif
Russell can't shoot but he is a good FT shooter who gets to the line almost with the best in the league and is in a different league defensively than Rose.  We've never used Westbrook as a model of efficiency but to point out that you can score points without shooting 25 times a game.

I love how Rose haters make him out to be the second coming of Allen Iverson 
laugh.gif
He's not Iverson but he's definitely a shoot-first PG which is the reason why he draws those comparisons.

I thin Allen said it in this thread or another one, but Rose is basically a mini-LeBron.  I just don't view him as a natural PG.  That's not a neccisarily a knock cause a lot of the best players ever don'tr neccisarily have a position, Magic, Bird, Oscar etc.

I love how Rose haters make him out to be the second coming of Allen Iverson 
laugh.gif
He's not Iverson but he's definitely a shoot-first PG which is the reason why he draws those comparisons.

I thin Allen said it in this thread or another one, but Rose is basically a mini-LeBron.  I just don't view him as a natural PG.  That's not a neccisarily a knock cause a lot of the best players ever don'tr neccisarily have a position, Magic, Bird, Oscar etc.

Back
Top Bottom