Are there any ball players out there who are good enough to play in the NBA, but aren't? vol. no TGB

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

And sometimes it is about the fact that there are only a select few slots that open up each year. EVERYONE that isn't in the NBA isn't at fault. Luck plays a role, opportunity plays a big role as well. Timing (which some have no control over) plays a role as welll.

Only 400 spots in the NBA, you can't honestly believe only 400 people are TRULY qualified for the job.
Exactly, there simply isnt enough room for everybody.

Someone is always waiting to take 1 of these dudes spot, theres a lot of talent out there.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

And sometimes it is about the fact that there are only a select few slots that open up each year. EVERYONE that isn't in the NBA isn't at fault. Luck plays a role, opportunity plays a big role as well. Timing (which some have no control over) plays a role as welll.

Only 400 spots in the NBA, you can't honestly believe only 400 people are TRULY qualified for the job.
Exactly, there simply isnt enough room for everybody.

Someone is always waiting to take 1 of these dudes spot, theres a lot of talent out there.

jack_mcclinton.jpg

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

There is always a reason why guys aren't in the league. Sometimes it's not just about basketball skills, it's a mindset, like Rashad Mccants. All the talent in the world, but their head isn't on straight.

Funny you mention him...i was w/ him earlier today and he's a good dude. i think he'll get back in the league this year. he played well last night in his 1st d-league game.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

There is always a reason why guys aren't in the league. Sometimes it's not just about basketball skills, it's a mindset, like Rashad Mccants. All the talent in the world, but their head isn't on straight.

Funny you mention him...i was w/ him earlier today and he's a good dude. i think he'll get back in the league this year. he played well last night in his 1st d-league game.

Originally Posted by d3simet

Landesberg could have stayed in college for one more year.

No he couldn't have.  He didn't qualify academically and Bennett was pushing him out anyways.

Originally Posted by d3simet

Landesberg could have stayed in college for one more year.

No he couldn't have.  He didn't qualify academically and Bennett was pushing him out anyways.

yeah theres people that are good enough but probably only marginally so. so in reality, its not a big deal.

yeah theres people that are good enough but probably only marginally so. so in reality, its not a big deal.

Just about any of the top 15 prospects in the D-League are NBA worthy. The point I am trying to make is the NBA is like a country club. People that get drafted in the first round get preference. Even if they aren't really deserving of a spot, all it takes is for one person with power to like you.

You can honestly say it is Keith Langford's fault that he isn't in the NBA? No. The same way EVERYONE can't be successful in the real world, EVERYONE can't be successful in making the NBA. You all underestimate the power of luck. You really do. Because I just find it hard to believe that you all really think that anyone that is not in the NBA is at fault. It doesn't mean that they HAVE to have ego problems, or problems with attitude. It just means that someone else got a shot and they didn't.

Just about any of the top 15 prospects in the D-League are NBA worthy. The point I am trying to make is the NBA is like a country club. People that get drafted in the first round get preference. Even if they aren't really deserving of a spot, all it takes is for one person with power to like you.

You can honestly say it is Keith Langford's fault that he isn't in the NBA? No. The same way EVERYONE can't be successful in the real world, EVERYONE can't be successful in making the NBA. You all underestimate the power of luck. You really do. Because I just find it hard to believe that you all really think that anyone that is not in the NBA is at fault. It doesn't mean that they HAVE to have ego problems, or problems with attitude. It just means that someone else got a shot and they didn't.

Im sure theres a couple cats in jails across the country with enough skill to be in the league

Im sure theres a couple cats in jails across the country with enough skill to be in the league

Originally Posted by drop knee 101

jeremy tyler.....
laugh.gif

Dude can barely shine in Japan right now. He's getting outplayed by Robert Swift. Maturity issues, but he's definitely got talent.

Back
Top Bottom