Are there any ball players out there who are good enough to play in the NBA, but aren't? vol. no TGB

And sometimes it is about the fact that there are only a select few slots that open up each year. EVERYONE that isn't in the NBA isn't at fault. Luck plays a role, opportunity plays a big role as well. Timing (which some have no control over) plays a role as welll.

Only 400 spots in the NBA, you can't honestly believe only 400 people are TRULY qualified for the job.

There's probably a ton of people that have the talent/skill to play at a pro level but other things will hold them back.

That's with a lot of things, though, not just pro sports.

There's probably a ton of people that have the talent/skill to play at a pro level but other things will hold them back.

That's with a lot of things, though, not just pro sports.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

ron artest's boy from queensbridge. hardest person in the world to guard. besides brandon roy, that is.

QFT
laugh.gif

I always thought Keith Langford should of gotten a better shot in the league, got 1 10-day contract with the Spurs I believe. Drew Nicholas as well, dude probably could have came over and made a roster but he was one of the top players in Europe so I guess he didn't feel like leaving to sit on the bench.

I always thought Keith Langford should of gotten a better shot in the league, got 1 10-day contract with the Spurs I believe. Drew Nicholas as well, dude probably could have came over and made a roster but he was one of the top players in Europe so I guess he didn't feel like leaving to sit on the bench.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

And sometimes it is about the fact that there are only a select few slots that open up each year. EVERYONE that isn't in the NBA isn't at fault. Luck plays a role, opportunity plays a big role as well. Timing (which some have no control over) plays a role as welll.

Only 400 spots in the NBA, you can't honestly believe only 400 people are TRULY qualified for the job.
It's also not just about talent. The guys at the end of the bench are willing to accept a role that pays less and offers very little playing time. Many players would rather earn more money overseas and be the man. Either that, or their inability to see that they are no longer potential NBA stars has made them more of a burden than a benefit to teams in the league.

It's also not just about talent. The guys at the end of the bench are willing to accept a role that pays less and offers very little playing time. Many players would rather earn more money overseas and be the man. Either that, or their inability to see that they are no longer potential NBA stars has made them more of a burden than a benefit to teams in the league.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Don't use this as an opportunity to take shots at AI. There's an ego factor. If you're the man on your college team, but aren't any better than a 7th or 8th man on an NBA team, it's a tough pill to swallow. Some people can't handle it and fizzle out due to attitude problems, or keep trying to find the team that will give them a chance as a starter. Others (Mateen Cleaves comes to mind) quickly understand their role in college isn't going to translate to the pros. He became a good third point guard option and great bench presence. He's one of those guys who "gets it." A lot of players who reach the pinnacle at one level can't handle not being there as they move on.

Don't use this as an opportunity to take shots at AI. There's an ego factor. If you're the man on your college team, but aren't any better than a 7th or 8th man on an NBA team, it's a tough pill to swallow. Some people can't handle it and fizzle out due to attitude problems, or keep trying to find the team that will give them a chance as a starter. Others (Mateen Cleaves comes to mind) quickly understand their role in college isn't going to translate to the pros. He became a good third point guard option and great bench presence. He's one of those guys who "gets it." A lot of players who reach the pinnacle at one level can't handle not being there as they move on.

I came in here to post 2 names and theyve been posted.

McCants
Drew Nicholas- never understood why he never got close to making the nba

I came in here to post 2 names and theyve been posted.

McCants
Drew Nicholas- never understood why he never got close to making the nba

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Don't pretend that you know my intentions. In fact, I've been a strong supporter of Iverson's move to play in Turkey from the very beginning.

Anyway, what you said isn't much different from what I wrote. Glad you could join the discussion. 

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Don't pretend that you know my intentions. In fact, I've been a strong supporter of Iverson's move to play in Turkey from the very beginning.

Anyway, what you said isn't much different from what I wrote. Glad you could join the discussion. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I always think that if someone is good enough to play in the NBA, they'd be in the league (barring injury).  Is there anyone out there who you REALLY think should be in the NBA?  
The same way all qualified people in the US have jobs that they are qualified for?
So, give me a name.....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I always think that if someone is good enough to play in the NBA, they'd be in the league (barring injury).  Is there anyone out there who you REALLY think should be in the NBA?  
The same way all qualified people in the US have jobs that they are qualified for?
So, give me a name.....

Back
Top Bottom