Are their any announcers more bias than the Trailblazers?

I could type for 2 hours and not even cover all the stuff I have heard over the years. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Darius Miles being compared to Dr J. 
Brian Grant can "stop" Shaq one year, and then when he signs with Miami and comes back, "he can't even hit a 10 footer" 
The Blazers will "threaten the Russell Celtics" after drafting Oden.  
Team X is a bunch of jerks........says the announcer rooting for Sheed, Bonzi, Zach, Ruben Patterson, Qyntel Woods.......
roll.gif

Mo Cheeks should garner a few coach of the year votes  (for a 6th place finish in the west, with the highest payroll in the NBA)
After winning a regular season game in OT, they compared it to the 1980 Olympic hockey team.
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Those are just some of my favs.  I have forgotten so many, I need to do a better job keeping track of em. 
laugh.gif
  Chester and Prime know a bunch as well, if they chime in they'll have some good ones. 

Like I said, ya'll have NO idea. 

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

"--If it looks like a troll and posts like a troll..."

You mad?
--Nope I aint even mad homie. You responding just proved my point.
--You havent even had any..ANY feedback towards the subject of the thread whatsoever.

--Stay on topic or stop trolling. Simple.
--Anyone have more videos from the region they're in? These are great.

"--If it looks like a troll and posts like a troll..."

You mad?
--Nope I aint even mad homie. You responding just proved my point.
--You havent even had any..ANY feedback towards the subject of the thread whatsoever.

--Stay on topic or stop trolling. Simple.
--Anyone have more videos from the region they're in? These are great.

"--Nope I aint even mad homie. You responding just proved my point."

And you being here proves my point.

"All STANS are bias regardless of player affiliation"

As long as the Kobe stans know this and keep their mouths shut in other threads when other people call them out for not being objective when it comes to Kobe, then fine by me.

As for announcers, I think that Phil Chanier is a bit of a homer Wiz fan. He'll sometimes label blatant fouls by Wizards players as non-calls especially when the game is close.

As long as the Kobe stans know this and keep their mouths shut in other threads when other people call them out for not being objective when it comes to Kobe, then fine by me.

As for announcers, I think that Phil Chanier is a bit of a homer Wiz fan. He'll sometimes label blatant fouls by Wizards players as non-calls especially when the game is close.

--#24 wasnt brought up until you entered the thread.
eyes.gif

--KLOSED.

--Can anyone find those youtibe videos comparing the Laker and Blazer announcers when Trevor Ariza "floored" Rudy Fernandez?

--#24 wasnt brought up until you entered the thread.
eyes.gif

--KLOSED.

--Can anyone find those youtibe videos comparing the Laker and Blazer announcers when Trevor Ariza "floored" Rudy Fernandez?

Boston wins this EASILY!!! Its crazy...I can't stand watching a Celtics Vs. Knicks game here because of how Bias they are towards the Celtics...its sickening..

Boston wins this EASILY!!! Its crazy...I can't stand watching a Celtics Vs. Knicks game here because of how Bias they are towards the Celtics...its sickening..

CP1708 wrote:
I could type for 2 hours and not even cover all the stuff I have heard over the years. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Brian Grant can "stop" Shaq one year, and then when he signs with Miami and comes back, "he can't even hit a 10 footer" 
Team X is a bunch of jerks........says the announcer rooting for Sheed, Bonzi, Zach, Ruben Patterson, Qyntel Woods.......
roll.gif

Mo Cheeks should garner a few coach of the year votes  (for a 6th place finish in the west, with the highest payroll in the NBA)
After winning a regular season game in OT, they compared it to the 1980 Olympic hockey team.
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Those are just some of my favs.  I have forgotten so many, I need to do a better job keeping track of em. 
laugh.gif
  Chester and Prime know a bunch as well, if they chime in they'll have some good ones. 

You should have taken that fool Rice out when you saw him at the ES.  It would have been worth loosing my access.

Making fun of Rebecca Harlow when she left for The Staples Center.
Rice calling "all" Laker fans "fat".
eyes.gif

5 seconds of silence after Oden misses a wide open dunk.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Insinuating that the late great Check Hearn had an attitude toward other pxp analysts.  
Talking trash about the Lakers, when the Blazers are not playing the Lakers.
mad.gif

Feeling more fired up about the Lakers loosing, then when the Blazers win. 

The best has got to be Dr Miles!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

CP1708 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

You should have taken that fool Rice out when you saw him at the ES.  It would have been worth loosing my access.

Making fun of Rebecca Harlow when she left for The Staples Center.
Rice calling "all" Laker fans "fat".
eyes.gif

5 seconds of silence after Oden misses a wide open dunk.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Insinuating that the late great Check Hearn had an attitude toward other pxp analysts.  
Talking trash about the Lakers, when the Blazers are not playing the Lakers.
mad.gif

Feeling more fired up about the Lakers loosing, then when the Blazers win. 

The best has got to be Dr Miles!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by 13saldana13

Originally Posted by CP1708

You people will never fully understand. NEVER

I understand. It kills me how they can't remove themselves from the homer mentality. They're so biased, it's annoying. They'll praise a player when he does something good and then defend him when he makes a mistake. They'll critique opposing players for non-basketball related things. S M H

This.  I absolutely hate the Blazer announcers.  Mike Rice can go jump off the i-205 bridge and be washed down the Columbia out to sea for all I care.  I can't even watch them anymore without the TV on mute.  The good thing though is the radio announcers for the Blazers are great, Wheels has good play by play and Antonio is basically there to say dumb stuff that is funny.

is that the same wheels who use to do sacramento sports radio?

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by 13saldana13

You people will never fully understand. NEVER

I understand. It kills me how they can't remove themselves from the homer mentality. They're so biased, it's annoying. They'll praise a player when he does something good and then defend him when he makes a mistake. They'll critique opposing players for non-basketball related things. S M H

This.  I absolutely hate the Blazer announcers.  Mike Rice can go jump off the i-205 bridge and be washed down the Columbia out to sea for all I care.  I can't even watch them anymore without the TV on mute.  The good thing though is the radio announcers for the Blazers are great, Wheels has good play by play and Antonio is basically there to say dumb stuff that is funny.

is that the same wheels who use to do sacramento sports radio?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ah bro you got me dying right now. Because for the past 7 years I've had NBA League Pass and had to listen to this fool whenever the Lakers go up to Portland. Man it sucks not getting KCAL down here in SD and thankfully with the Lakers new TV deal that kicks in during the 2012-2013 season I'll no longer need league pass and suffer from hearing the opposing teams homer annoucer TV crews.

Here are a couple I remember from Mike Rice:

-Comparing Brandon Roy to Jerry West one game saying "Oh my god hall of famer vs. hall of famer" while Roy was guarding Kobe.
roll.gif

- Another Laker @ Blazer game dude was going off before the game started and was saying he saw Kobe talking to the refs before the game during the morning shoot around and that Kobe was working them to get more foul calls that night
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ah bro you got me dying right now. Because for the past 7 years I've had NBA League Pass and had to listen to this fool whenever the Lakers go up to Portland. Man it sucks not getting KCAL down here in SD and thankfully with the Lakers new TV deal that kicks in during the 2012-2013 season I'll no longer need league pass and suffer from hearing the opposing teams homer annoucer TV crews.

Here are a couple I remember from Mike Rice:

-Comparing Brandon Roy to Jerry West one game saying "Oh my god hall of famer vs. hall of famer" while Roy was guarding Kobe.
roll.gif

- Another Laker @ Blazer game dude was going off before the game started and was saying he saw Kobe talking to the refs before the game during the morning shoot around and that Kobe was working them to get more foul calls that night
roll.gif
roll.gif

Man some of the stuff Mike Rice says........ I actually like feel embarrassed and awkward just watching and have to change the channel for a second. But I've come to live with it, and actually its kind of entertaining if you just realize Rice is 5 scotches deep and is a crazy old fool. The best is when he doesn't even realize he's on air, or on camera, and says something ridiculous or is caught eating a hot dog or drinking his screw driver and then Mike Barret has to cover for him saying "Oh Rice hurry up and finish your... orange juice" or Rice will say "I could really go for a couple drinks at the bar tonight" and MB comes back with "Ha good one Rice we all know you don't drink....." Trying to keep the up the PR

*Our radio crew is great. I love Brian Wheeler. He really does a good job. I just love listening to the games on the radio because of him.

Man some of the stuff Mike Rice says........ I actually like feel embarrassed and awkward just watching and have to change the channel for a second. But I've come to live with it, and actually its kind of entertaining if you just realize Rice is 5 scotches deep and is a crazy old fool. The best is when he doesn't even realize he's on air, or on camera, and says something ridiculous or is caught eating a hot dog or drinking his screw driver and then Mike Barret has to cover for him saying "Oh Rice hurry up and finish your... orange juice" or Rice will say "I could really go for a couple drinks at the bar tonight" and MB comes back with "Ha good one Rice we all know you don't drink....." Trying to keep the up the PR

*Our radio crew is great. I love Brian Wheeler. He really does a good job. I just love listening to the games on the radio because of him.

Back
Top Bottom