Applebees Appreciation

OP is one of my favorite *ahem "personalities" on here. :lol:

Last edited:
why is it impossible for someone to like chik fil a, or apple bees, or mcdonalds, and NOT have "good taste"

"taste" is a wide spectrum with a lot of things. food..films....musics....etc.

if someone who likes classical music asks someone what their favorite music is and they say " i like future"
they may think their taste in music is trash.

but if they say " i like future and mozart" then its a little bit more interesting

if someone...maybe a foodie.... asks me what is my favorite food of all time is and i say
"the big mac"

they will probably think my taste in food is trash.

but if i say " a big mac and risotto from Trattoria za za in Florence italy" or some 3 star michelin restaurant.
"

do i still have bad taste?

My reaction to reading this last night when i was SUPER blazed.. I'm talking.. Sky Walking

http://p.fod4.com/p/media/5c597eb60b/uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif[img]

[/SPOILER]

Now that I'm good... I come back and read this post, and here's my reaction to it. Super sober and aware of my surroundings.

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]

[img]http://p.fod4.com/p/media/5c597eb60b/uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif[img]

[/SPOILER]

wasn't sure if this was the right thread but me and a homie got into it over how much tip you should drop at the beez. I'm saying if it's nice restaurant then I'll hook it up with 15% , but at places like Fridays and the AB's im not giving out that much! The homie insists on tipping the 15-20 % even in these places....am I trippin or is this normal?

Just got back to the crib from Applebees...had some long islands and a ceasar salad....it was jumping in there too because people were there waiting on a party bus

Yall still buggin....Applebees only sucks when the bartender is trash

wasn't sure if this was the right thread but me and a homie got into it over how much tip you should drop at the beez. I'm saying if it's nice restaurant then I'll hook it up with 15% , but at places like Fridays and the AB's im not giving out that much! The homie insists on tipping the 15-20 % even in these places....am I trippin or is this normal?
Why would venue alter your tips?

better restaurant, better service...then the waiters get blessed with 15%

Fridays,chili's, and the beez service is never spectacular so they just get rounded up usually

better restaurant, better service...then the waiters get blessed with 15%

Fridays,chili's, and the beez service is never spectacular so they just get rounded up usually
So its the service or the preconceived notion of the service?

Just wondering?

I don't think I've ever tipped below 20%

I feel 15% is too little

But then again I'm not a baller and shouldn't be tipping much but these people need to make a living. Sucks because when I do receive terrible service I still tip 20% because I feel like a **** to tip any less even though I know there's ton of people out there who don't tip period even when provided with exceptional service

I feel 15% is too little

But then again I'm not a baller and shouldn't be tipping much but these people need to make a living. Sucks because when I do receive terrible service I still tip 20% because I feel like a **** to tip any less even though I know there's ton of people out there who don't tip period even when provided with exceptional service
But than there's guys like you who overtip .. Ex your bill is $100 you tip $20 .. They just made at least 2$0 imagine the other tables

But than there's guys like you who overtip .. Ex your bill is $100 you tip $20 .. They just made at least 2$0 imagine the other tables
why are you worried about their pockets though? 

thats what females do. just worry about your bill and your money. 

Last edited:
i hate applebee's with a passion - well on restaurant in particular.

I worked there as a server my senior year of high school and the summer after i graduated.

This was back in '97 (yea i dated myself and i know i'm old) and i feel like since then they fell off.

The one in Alameda anyway. The service always takes forever and it's not like that at other applebee's i've gone to.

One time my fam and i (there were only 4 of us) waited 30 mins just to get greeted with some water.

That's with getting eye contact with him and asking what was up.

one time they got our orders all wrong and our server was acting like we were the ones that wrong... F*%&^ her man. took another 20 mins to get our correct food.

another time, they got our orders right and everything but after we got our food, our server didn't bother to check up on us or provide refills or anything like that... took forever with our bill too.

Gave that place so many chances but that was the last time i actually went to that particular one...... maybe i just have bad luck with that one in alameda.

I feel 15% is too little

I don't even believe people like this exist...must just be an internet thing.

Why on earth is anyone handing out free money...or more than they should pay?

It's their job? Nobody hooks me up with extra loot for doing my job.

I feel 15% is too little

I don't even believe people like this exist...must just be an internet thing.

Why on earth is anyone handing out free money...or more than they should pay?

It's their job? Nobody hooks me up with extra loot for doing my job.

Idk man, I'm far from a rich dude

I just feel like a scum bag to under tip people

I tip people that work in the service industry especially well when i think they've done a good job. I can afford it, im not sweating 10 20 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom