Applebees Appreciation

Please not IHOP. Applebees could fall into the abyss of hades.

IHOP stay busy from what I see. I always have to wait like 10 minutes before I'm seated.

IHOP good if you tryna eat mad late at night and not tryna go to Danny's. Other than that, its mediocre.

I wish they never got rid of the warm apple crisp dessert. One of the goat desserts. They cut it like 10 or so yrs ago. Haven't found anybody with one as good.

Rich people ‘trading down’ to Applebee’s, IHOP as inflation surges​

By
Lisa Fickenscher
August 10, 2022 11:26am
Update

Applebee’s and IHOP claim they are reeling in richer customers who are feeling the pinch of inflation as they look to dine out.

The family restaurant chains known for their burgers and hearty breakfasts saw a major boost in the number of customers whose income is greater than $75,000, according to executives corporate parent Dine Brands.

“Guests that often dine at more expensive restaurants, are finding Applebee’s and IHOP because of their well-known value position,” Dine Brands chief executive John Peyton said on the Tuesday call. “We perform well during tough times like this.”

On the downside, consumers who earn less than $50,000 a year are likely defecting for cheaper alternatives such as fast-food joints and dinner at home to offset inflation pressures, Peyton admitted.

“We assume that they’ve left us for lower-cost options,” Peyton said.

you-could-not-live-with-your-own-failure-thanos.gif

Back
Top Bottom