Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 25.9%
  • Case

Votes: 283 61.7%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
The screen on my 5 is perfect. Scratches on what? The Backs and sides?

yes, the edge and back. i dont even drop my phone. in my pocket with my keys its gets all these little scratches :smh:

The 4 wasn't like that with the glass front and back.
I hate it though because when using it(texting surfing emailing) for long periods of time, your hands don't slide well around the back, they stick to it.
Looked better, not as comfortable to use though

my 4 was flawless for 2 1/2 years, then right before i got my 5 i ended up cracking the back of the phone. i dropped it so many times without an issue, scratch, dent nothing.

Strange to hear so many people want the black iphone.  I want the white one.  White to me will forever signify Apple.  Back in the day when they had the OG ipod with the buttons and wheel (talkin pre click wheel) it was only white.  Every time you saw some one with a white mp3 player and those white headphones you knew it was apple.  That still sticks with me. 

Every phone I've owned has been in black and I will be getting a black ip6. One of the reasons I like it is because I can throw a nice black case and make my phone look extra stealthy

All black everything!

yes, the edge and back. i dont even drop my phone. in my pocket with my keys its gets all these little scratches :smh:

Yep. I'm on my second 5 now. I loved rocking the phone without a case/naked, but the sides and back get scratched ridiculously easy. Ended up getting a belkin cover with the see through back panel. It's as close as I can get to the naked look while still having the phone protected from scratches. I need this one in perfect condition so that I can get my money's worth when it's time to sell it.

I only rock a case at work. Don't want to shatter my phone while apprehending bad guys loool

Yep. I'm on my second 5 now. I loved rocking the phone without a case/naked, but the sides and back get scratched ridiculously easy. Ended up getting a belkin cover with the see through back panel. It's as close as I can get to the naked look while still having the phone protected from scratches. I need this one in perfect condition so that I can get my money's worth when it's time to sell it.

cant do a case, period.

even with the 6 im going naked from day one. gonna piss me off soon as i get that scratch on it but w/e

i hope they did something to minimize scratching so within 6 months my $700+ phone doesnt look like junk :x

Getting a scratch on my phone is the exact equivalent to getting a door ding or a scratch on my car.

You can ignore it all you want, but it's always going to be there :smh:

Therefore, I am team Lifeproof. Heck, if they had Lifeproof for cars, I'd get it on there :D

Last edited:
Getting a scratch on my phone is the exact equivalent to getting a door ding of a scratch on my car.

You can ignore it all you want, but it's always going to be there :smh:

Therefore, I am team Lifeproof. Heck, if they had Lifeproof for cars, I'd get it on there :D
You really like LIfeproof? I have gone through like 3 of their cases, I personally think they are made poorly especially for how much they cost. I think I'm going back to Otterbox when I get the 6...

The only white iPhone worth a damn was the white iPhone 4. That thing was like a unicorn, my boy copped it the day it finally dropped and it was crazy seeing an ALL white iPhone as opposed to just the back being white like on the 3G and 3GS. The appeal died really quick though.

In terms of cases I rock my 5s naked. I haven't rocked a case on an iPhone since my 3G. The design for the 4, and 5 were too beautiful to be concealed in a case. I've got some weird scratches along the back edge of the bezel and a tiny chip on the top right but it gives the phone character :lol: and still looks like it's in pristine condition. I can replace the whole back piece because that's where all my cosmetic defects are but I wanna keep it this way for a while. I don't plan on selling my 5s when the 6 comes out so most likely I'll never fix it but cases are pointless. They release a new iPhone every year for one and you have all these shops that can fix your phone it's like why even bother with an ugly case. Plus you can get insurance. Yeah, it's a waste of money to do all these when a case can prevent any damage and you can save tons when you have your phone in a case (especially if you're doing physical work and your phone is on you) but keeping your phone in your pocket and pulling it out only when you need too will eliminate 75% of unnecessary drops

Last edited:
The first time I took off my case, I dropped my phone getting out the car

It survived doe

a blinkin a blinkin If your phone is scratch free it might yield a few extra bucks when you resale, but scratches won't be a big deal. Did you see what that white 5 looked like that I posted ^^^in the eBay link.?
Thing was beat, brought 350+

@a blinkinIf your phone is scratch free it might yield a few extra bucks when you resale, but scratches won't be a big deal. Did you see what that white 5 looked like that I posted ^^^in the eBay link.?
Thing was beat, brought 350+
yea depending on carrier and color and memory you might get maybe a extra 20-30 bucks or so if it is scratch-free

You really like LIfeproof? I have gone through like 3 of their cases, I personally think they are made poorly especially for how much they cost. I think I'm going back to Otterbox when I get the 6...
i have both and otterbox> in terms of drops etc.... but overall waterproof/drops/comfortability etc.. then lifeproof. My biggest grip with lifeproof is that damn headphone jack connector. That thing always seems to go on the fritz and is poorly/cheaply made.

from macrumors etc....

This is suppose to be a exclusive 100% legit iphone 6, picture is from a employers phone who was using/testing for bugs etc...

192361.jpg

The new smartphone will feature  802.11ac Wi-Fi, a 2.0 GHz A8 processor, NFC, improved Touch ID, and a special  chip for authenticating Beats headsets

i have both and otterbox> in terms of drops etc.... but overall waterproof/drops/comfortability etc.. then lifeproof. My biggest grip with lifeproof is that damn headphone jack connector. That thing always seems to go on the fritz and is poorly/cheaply made.
Which otterbox are you talking about? I had the defender and it was too big and I didn't like how if you dropped it in water you were done because of the openings it had... It deff was a tank though I have purposely thrown it on the ground and my phone didn't skip a beat. I was thinking about the waterproof otterbox for the 6 when they come out because it looks similar to lifeproof but hopefully better quality. If anybody has used the waterproof otterbox can you give me a quick review??

Which otterbox are you talking about? I had the defender and it was too big and I didn't like how if you dropped it in water you were done because of the openings it had... It deff was a tank though I have purposely thrown it on the ground and my phone didn't skip a beat. I was thinking about the waterproof otterbox for the 6 when they come out because it looks similar to lifeproof but hopefully better quality. If anybody has used the waterproof otterbox can you give me a quick review??
had one on my 5... and it is alot more bulkier then the lifeproof. Its like it has like 3 layers of protection. Like a thin plastic type of protection... a cover kinda like the lifeproof, then a layer thats kinda like the defender. The other thing is its not really great in terms of the volume. That and i notice my wifi signal etc... would be weaker while using it. 

That was my biggest gripe about it. I think i still have mines somewhere in my sock drawer. I dont even use it or my lifeproof anymore. I just rock the free battery boost maxboost case i got for free thru facebook. I mean its decent and all the otterbox. Its just i couldnt deal with the volume issues and how it would weaken the antennae of the phone all to protect my phone from drops to which ive never dropped etc... a cellphone in life. It essentially was useless for me.

Last edited:
had one on my 5... iand it is alot more bulkier then the lifeproof. Its like it has like 3 layers of protection. Like a thin plastic type of protection... a cover kinda like the lifeproof, then a layer thats kinda like the defender. The other thing is its not really great in terms of the volume. That and i notice my wifi signal etc... would be weaker while using it. 

That id my biggest gripe about it. I think i still have mines somewhere in my sock drawer. I dont even use it or my lifeproof anymore. I just rock the free battery boost maxboost case i got for free thru facebook. I mean its decent and all the otterbox. Its just i couldnt deal with the volume issues and how it would weaken the antennae of the phone all to protect my phone from drops to which ive never dropped etc... a cellphone in life. It essentially was usually for me.
Thanks for the quick reply, that sucks about the cell reception and volume, one thing I must complement Lifeproof is I don't have any of those issues.

What is the point of buying those ugly, clunky Otterbox cases? Is it job/lifestyle dependent, or are you guys clumsy? 
laugh.gif

Not necessary imo. 

Edit: In regards to scratches on the phone, I never thought about using Scratch-X which I use on my car.. I might try it when I get home to see if it works. 

Last edited:
What is the point of buying those ugly, clunky Otterbox cases? Is it job/lifestyle dependent, or are you guys clumsy? :lol:  

Not necessary imo. 
I got my 5 the first day and that was the only decent case available at the time...

The defender is really overkill imo but I was happy it wasn't going to break it....

It really did make the phone look ugly and bulky though thats why I switched to a lifeproof when I saw them in the store...

I really like having a case even though I have insurance everybody I know that doesn't use a case has broken their phone and i'd rather have an ugly case than walking around with a shattered screen...

Last edited:

What is the point of buying those ugly, clunky Otterbox cases? Is it job/lifestyle dependent, or are you guys clumsy? 
laugh.gif

Not necessary imo. 
I got my 5 the first day and that was the only decent case available at the time...

The defender is really overkill imo but I was happy it wasn't going to break it....

It really did make the phone look ugly and bulky though thats why I switched to a lifeproof when I saw them in the store...

I really like having a case even though I have insurance everybody I know that doesn't use a case has broken their phone and i'd rather have an ugly case than walking around with a shattered screen...
I just have one of those thin Incase's from Walmart and that works for me. I've dropped my phone numerous times and never had an issue. I don't rawdog either; my pops took off his case for like five seconds, drops his phone face down and shatters the screen 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

Cases are a must for me.  My 3-year old makes sure of that.  
laugh.gif

That said, I only rock slim cases that provide juuuust enough protection from minor drops and scratches.  Clear Power Support Air Jacket ftw.  

Yeah, I've had a couple of duds from them, but found one that finally worked and was very pleased with it. It gives me that peace of mind. The Otterbox Preserver is the waterproof case that was made for the 5s and had Touch ID capabilities.

Those cases are totally kidproof, because my son grabs for my phone every chance he gets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom