• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
jking0821 jking0821

If you do the term plan to get the 14, you can pay off the device early once they start issuing credits & still get the remaining credits after.

I'm on ATT & I bought a 13 after I traded in my 8 this June & I already paid off my phone & I'm still getting the credits.

Also, since you have only have a $200 plan, tell them you want to put a down payment of whatever you want. The balance that is left is put in the term.

There is no catch, they just want a customer paying for their service for a long time. I don't plan on leaving ATT ever, so it was a good option for me.

PO

Thank you for this

This is mad helpful. I plan to grab a 14 pro and do just this.

If you haven’t noticed, Apple has been reducing the amount of “vulnerable” open ports on the iPhone for years, slowly. The headphone jack and SIM tray are areas of water entry. The SIM tray is what (up until this point) housed the water damage indicator in the phone.

Same with the original charging port we had before lightning. Very vulnerable to water damage.

People keep asking Apple to change the charging port on the iPhones to USB-C but I’m pretty sure Apple is moving slowly towards a portless redesign. MagSafe being introduced is no coincidence as well.

I keep saying this. Apple wants to remove ports altogether. I’m not sure how you will move photos off the phone however. Bluetooth?

^ curious because I haven’t activated mine yet but wondering why I would NEED it.

Eliminates the need to having to carry your phone with you. Logic says if I have my watch of course I have my phone, but some people like to run and leave their phone at home and just use their watch. Sometimes I may get caught up at the office helping someone in area where I would lose BT connection, but since I have cell service I would still get the messages/calls etc. Just a matter of personal preference. I get why it's not need for some.

I keep saying this. Apple wants to remove ports altogether. I’m not sure how you will move photos off the phone however. Bluetooth?
Make iCloud storage larger and free for 2 years for new iPhone customers.

It’s already kinda dirt cheap for the 2TB they offer.

Or maybe the M1 / M2 chip is powerful enough in the future to initiate a direct transfer process via some super airdrop from phone to MacBook.

its still lame the iphones still using lightning

everyone and everything else is using usb-c including all their non-iphone/airpod products iirc

just a weird stance

its still lame the iphones still using lightning

everyone and everything else is using usb-c including all their non-iphone/airpod products iirc

just a weird stance
There’s no use in changing everyone to USB-C when we’re likely 1-2 phone cycles away from going portless.

Apple does changes like ripping a band aid- one and done and stick to it, not a pull here / pull there style.

$10 plus tax/service fees
A month? Thast not too bad...
Eliminates the need to having to carry your phone with you. Logic says if I have my watch of course I have my phone, but some people like to run and leave their phone at home and just use their watch. Sometimes I may get caught up at the office helping someone in area where I would lose BT connection, but since I have cell service I would still get the messages/calls etc. Just a matter of personal preference. I get why it's not need for some.
Yeah, that makes sense. I could see where I may do this at home possibly or on runs so I will prolly activate it soon.
I like to ride my bike and the fall detection is clutch. I recently fell off my bike and it my wife and pinged her to let her know where she could find me. Great when my wife rides without me and I can track her location.
This is a nice feature incase you really get injured. Had one ordered for my wife but she said she didn't want it LOL. Money saved! She'll prolly change her mind eventually...

First thing I did with my 14 pro was turn the always on display off.

Doesn't feel right lol. I had it on for a day and I didn't notice any thing like that.
I kept the AOD on for about 3 or 4 days but I don’t use widgets and didn’t really care bout the display being on either. So it’s off now

I have the series 6 44mm in Gold. Still good to me.
But wanted that ultra. I do hike and run a lot. Nothing to extravagant :lol: maybe this will make me want to do more.

I have the 7 series and have been tracking my sleep with it lately. Between that and using it during the day the battery goes fast. When do you guys charge it?

This issue alone makes me consider the Ultra for better battery. I don’t need the ruggedness for pillows though. 😬

The battery life on my series 6 is about a day and half now. Prob gonna splurge on the ultra

Yeah similar I can stretch it 2 days if need be

Anyone with a 6 series or less updated to the latest version 9.0? Trying to avoid that update battery kill/glitch that happens when they drop a new one ya know 😏

Portless design :rolleyes

If they can boost the charge of magsafe and make it smaller so you can use your phone and charge at the same time sure.

Setting up as a new phone definitely helped my battery life. Just sucks fixing everything up again.

so you transferred all you info, battery was whack. restarted as new and its better?

been thinking of doing the same. i usually start as new but was too lazy to redownload all the apps. might have to end up doing it :smh:

so you transferred all you info, battery was whack. restarted as new and its better?

been thinking of doing the same. i usually start as new but was too lazy to redownload all the apps. might have to end up doing it :smh:

Yup. When I first got the phone I backed it up from my iCloud so it transferred my old battery info on there. Waited it out a few days to see if anything would change but it was just bad. Restarted as new and it’s way better.

Yup. When I first got the phone I backed it up from my iCloud so it transferred my old battery info on there. Waited it out a few days to see if anything would change but it was just bad. Restarted as new and it’s way better.

is the apple transfer tool where you have the 2 phones next to each other just as bad as the icloud backup method? curious cause my battery doesn't feel as great as it should be for a brand new phone

Portless design :rolleyes

If they can boost the charge of magsafe and make it smaller so you can use your phone and charge at the same time sure.
They’ll probably make the portless version on the Pro models. So there will still be a ported model for peeps that don’t care for MagSafe / going portless.

It’s the same freaking thang as the old 2-year contracts, but now we’re paying MORE for the phone AND service, which is blasphemous considering people HATED the contracts. “We’ll give you a “credit” for sticking with us LONGER, but you cant pay the phone off early”.

I’ve been with verizon for 20 years and there’s NO WAY i would get on their bill credit thang. I dont trust them to credit me every month or for the correct amount. And who’s to say that eventually “the terms of agreement have changed and we’ll no longer be issuing these credits”? Screw that
i totally forgot about the old 2 year contracts :lol:

ur so right now companies are making money on the phones and the services plans as well with their whole "unlimited" data sham :lol:

Are you saying im a peasant and wont get the Pro version.

Just cause you the meat master you think you better than me pare?
I ain’t callin you a peasant

But if you get the phone that the peasants get.. I mean.. I ain’t tellin you what to do 👀

To be real I ain’t needed my phone on a charger while I’ve been using it in years. Charging speeds, even on the MagSafe duo, are more than enough for me.

Only time I could think of it being an issue is on long road trips.. music and GPS needs and such. But again, I drive 6 hours to LA at least 1-2 times a year and never had any issues planning my charging beforehand.

I charge my series 6 every other day. Usually by then it’s around 35-30%
The battery life on my series 6 is about a day and half now. Prob gonna splurge on the ultra

My Series 6 only last a day at best. Yesterday it didn’t even last a full day. Not sure what the issue is/was, maybe because of all the NFL notifications but hella weird. Today I turned off all unnecessary notifications so I’ll see if there’s a difference.

I used to wear my watch all day & night and to sleep, then charge it in the AM when taking a shower but sometimes i would forget to charge so now i only charge overnight.

Back
Top Bottom