Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 25.9%
  • Case

Votes: 283 61.7%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
Definitely not more than the people who would upgrade and get the new phone every year anyway. You’d be surprised how many people wouldn’t even spend $79 if this information was common knowledge. At the end of the day, Apple is a business. And their market is not people like the ones you describe. They heavily rely on loyalists, creatives and other businesses who need/want the latest and greatest to keep desireability afloat.

Also, this wasn’t done in secret. Apple put out press releases for this update when it came out back in January. People are just (incorrectly and irresponsibly) taking it as Apple slowing down all phones once a new phone is released. People don’t deserve this compromise, and it’s one of the reasons there isn’t a full blown quality program with free repairs. Also one of the reasons those lawsuits will go nowhere. People let their emotions get the best of them and couldn’t come up with a decent case. :lol:

Too bad it's not about which is greater but those numbers would likely be differently and could be argued that it could be substantially different. Business or not, honesty is honesty. The business argument is irrelevant because that's understood. This is a moral/ethics conversation. If you are doing something for the consumers benefit you usually put that out front because it's a good look. They hid this because they know it effects their bottom line in their favor.

Unless they just started slowing phones down when that press release came out in Jan all that second part don't matter

I still have an iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and a 6 Plus. I'll probably get the batteries replaced so I can use them later on. The kids seems to get a kick out of watching video on them.

not selling any of em
theyre me and my wifes iPods
and backups
plus i cant explain it
kinda corny too
theyre also like our trophys
i like having the old ones

I'm like that too. Have my OG touch iPhone 4s, 5, 6, 7

I think of them like my ironman models :lol:

Too bad it's not about which is greater but those numbers would likely be differently and could be argued that it could be substantially different. Business or not, honesty is honesty. The business argument is irrelevant because that's understood. This is a moral/ethics conversation. If you are doing something for the consumers benefit you usually put that out front because it's a good look. They hid this because they know it effects their bottom line in their favor.

Unless they just started slowing phones down when that press release came out in Jan all that second part don't matter

exactly how i explained it to someone who said apple is a business and people will still go out and buy the latest phone. This has nothing to do with business operations.

This is about how apple did something behind the scenes didnt inform their users and once they were caught they come out and say it was a benefit if it was indeed a benefit for the customer than they should of made it aware.

What apple just did was violate the ethics and moral code of their customers. This will hurt apple stock not apple sales because the non techie doesnt care about apple stocks. Tim Cook will feel this one way or another but your every day apple user will continue to purchase apple products regardless and thats not the point of this issue.

Now question is with the influx of batter replacement jobs are the technicians at Apple Stores gonna do the batter replacement correctly...with no future issues of jacking a good working phone up?????

Now question is with the influx of batter replacement jobs are the technicians at Apple Stores gonna do the batter replacement correctly...with no future issues of jacking a good working phone up?????

There is no guarantee. I think I had to sign something when I had my battery replaced on my 6.

It's not about honesty. They just said nothing. You'll never get a straight answer out of Samsung on why the Note 7 exploded. It was the battery, but then they changed the charging capacity and they still did. Then it became how close everything was packed together. The 8 looks pretty small to me. But by then, nobody cared and people moved on to the Galaxy 8. Do car companies want people to keep cars for 10+ years?

Apple's updating 5 year old phones still. On the other side of the coin, most Android phones, you'll get one major upgrades and it will take forever to get that. Even with the Pixel, they'll probably give you two like the Nexus. That's telling you they only are designing phones for use on under the old two year upgrade cycle.

It's just how take the news. People would complain if Apple said we're not updating iPhone 6's, 6S's and 7's next year. But Samsung will release a press release and include we're not updating such and such this year. Damn bro, my tablet is a year and a half old and the specs aren't outdated though. So how many people are going to root or get a new battery? They hope you'll just get a new phone or tablet. Hard to say I'm surprised, it's business, but when it's Apple it becomes some major scandal.

Goodbye Samsung
Hello X
Will full charge overnight
Can't wait :pimp:
IMG_20171229_222537.jpg
IMG_20171229_222843.jpg
IMG_20171229_224125.jpg
IMG_20171229_224431.jpg
IMG_20171229_224539.jpg
IMG_20171229_224808.jpg

On my old 6 plus the battery would go from fully charged, to 75%, to under 10% all in a span of 3 hours. It wouldn’t slowly decrease it would drop in big chunks.

Took it to a battery/light bulb specialty shop cause Apple stay charging too much and they replaced it for 40 bucks. It literally ran like a brand new phone again for the 10 months I had it before the X dropped

Why y’all always bringing up peoples GB :lol: y’all weird as **** as if it means anything

this. everyone uses his or her device differently. not everyone needs OD storage capacity plus apple charges a arm and leg for higher storage capacity.

i'll tell you this though icould sucks when storing gifs in the cloud.

wreckless :smh:

there’s no way i’m shelling out $270 if i break the screen

Yeah I don’t have AppleCare but I have until January 3rd to decide lol.

I have never shattered any of my iPhone screens *knocks on wood* I always take care of my stuff. So I think I’ll be straight. I can always buy Worth Ave group insurance if I do break my shi*!

Yea I think it's fine 4 me.
I'm currently on a Samsung with 8gb, 4 of that is reserved for system apps/memory

Dont know what apps you have on that OG Samsung, but a couple apps/games can be half that OG phone if not more now :lol: Not to mention using the camera and having some music/vids stored. Good luck with it though, just get google photos as someone mentioned :nthat:

What's everyone's most used apps?

Chrome for browsing
Shazam
Outlook for emails
Dropbox
Pinterest for inspiration
Overcast for podcasts
Narwhal for Reddit
Letterboxd for movies

Back
Top Bottom