Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
I don't see how that's fake news. Cycling just = the cycle of consuming battery life and charging said battery, over and over again no?

What I mean specifically was that I referenced the information on the exact page you linked to when I got my phone, and I've followed the instructions ever since.

On that page it explicitly says not to charge your phone to 100% (i.e. charge over night or charge all the time like @justjof was accused of doing without basis).

I cycled my battery properly according to Apple's own advice, still have had battery issues starting at about 18 months.

I've had the same/similar issue

The geniuses at Apple have told me that what could be causing the battery issue is an corruption in an app and that to even try to identify it you would have to reset your phone to factory and add apps back to try to identify which app could be causing the problem.

They also said that if you do a restore from a backup that is causing the issue, it could carry over to the new device.

I don't see how that's fake news. Cycling just = the cycle of consuming battery life and charging said battery, over and over again no?

What I mean specifically was that I referenced the information on the exact page you linked to when I got my phone, and I've followed the instructions ever since.

On that page it explicitly says not to charge your phone to 100% (i.e. charge over night or charge all the time like @justjof was accused of doing without basis).

I cycled my battery properly according to Apple's own advice, still have had battery issues starting at about 18 months.

Not even sure where you're getting that info from, though. You're misquoting the article, and that's what I was getting at being fake news.

Last edited:
I've had the same/similar issue

The geniuses at Apple have told me that what could be causing the battery issue is an corruption in an app and that to even try to identify it you would have to reset your phone to factory and add apps back to try to identify which app could be causing the problem.

They also said that if you do a restore from a backup that is causing the issue, it could carry over to the new device.

This is also kinda true. With iOS being so closed-system, not really much you can do to isolate software related issues, including battery life. Obviously if you factory reset an iPhone with fresh software and firmware, if it still has poor battery life, it's a hardware issue. Apple's diagnostic suite to test battery capacity is reliable, but most people think that poor battery life = need a new battery, without considering software or main logic board (or potentially other hardware component) issues.

:lol: I'mma let that one slide, since you obviously didn't see the part I bolded.

Batteries (at least Apple batteries) do cycle. If you think you have any control over batteries charge cycling (which I'm also not accusing you of), though, outside of using or charging them (or lack thereof), then it ain't eem worth arguing over. You're missing the whole point and just spewing out misinformation about HOW batteries charge cycle.

I usually sell my old phones but Im thinking i will keep my 7+ as a backup and to use for international travel.

If the 512gb 8 is gonna be 12-1300 then this will be the first phone i put apple care on ever

Is it worth paying full price for the phone instead of leasing?
Before I found out that leasing with apple wouldn't lose my grandfathered unlimited plan I was all about full retail. But now I'm leaning towards leasing the 8 so I don't have to put $900 straight up on my CC and get smacked with interest.

Always keep a backup phone. Anything can happen and you don't want to be stuck scrambling for a replacement while still footing the monthly bill.

iPhone Upgrade Program is definitely the move for purchasing a new iPhone. No brokeboy. It just makes the most economic sense.

ALSO last year, they gave priority to enrollees after the debauchery on launch day. All i had to do was fill out a form on my preferred device, and I got my jet black 7 plus a couple days after release. Hope it's the same with the 8. :smokin

iPhone Upgrade Program is definitely the move for purchasing a new iPhone. No brokeboy. It just makes the most economic sense.

ALSO last year, they gave priority to enrollees after the debauchery on launch day. All i had to do was fill out a form on my preferred device, and I got my jet black 7 plus a couple days after release. Hope it's the same with the 8. :smokin

Hoping its like this for the 8

I have very little interest for this iPhone release for some reason >D I'm usually pretty excited

Back
Top Bottom