anyone not into shoes anymore?

me.

i have more responsibilities to handle...

wanted the penny 2s for c-mas but ended up with the gold flights...

Nike/jordan is almost dead to me. There will be a few releases I snatch up but the enthusiasm is gone. I'm becomming more interested in high fashion now.Gucci, louis, prada, fendi, etc. I have no problem throwing those on 5 times a week

shoes are essential especially when you get older..... you need the right pairs of dress shoes.

its amazing how Jordans fell off IMO..

i'd rather buy some nikes than Js...

never thought this day would come

I've been clean for a year and half. Shoes are an addiction for me and the minute I pull the trigger I can't stop. I missed everything since the Aqua8's back in September of 08.
frown.gif

Man, it's definitely died down for me. I haven't bought 1 single CDP and I could care less. The last pair of shoes Icopped was in Feb. (coming up on a year)...And I can honestly say I'm not excited about Nike/Jordan releases like how I used to be back in theday...
ohwell.gif

I'm still into kicks today as much as I was 20 years ago..I love looking at them, buying them, wearing them, talking about them..But I find now that Im afather that my priorities have shifted to thinking about my son and wife instead of always worrying about how to get the latest shoes..I don't thinkI'll ever be done collecting, but I definately can see a day where I get rid of alot of stuff and hold onto the real gems of my collection..There has tocome a time in my life when I run out of room or motivation, but right now is not the time..Peace

yeah; I feel the same why I have made over 1k selling sneakers that I've worn plenty of times. I don't regret it at all.

I used to buy shoes every week, and now, the last time I bought some shoes was in February. I'm gonna try and buy some shoes with my next paycheck though.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

im done with it. I still like the J's I have, but never wear them anymore. Sometimes I think of selling, but the way things have been re-re-re- retroed, I dont even know if theres a market for what I have.

Honestly, it got to the point where I wanted to look my age and dress appropriately for my age. My taste sort of changed. I mean, if I pull down my Cement III's, I still like them, but I wouldnt want to walk into a family reunion wearing them if that makes any sense
Co-sign. I still love my J's but I am too old and dont really feel right wearing them anymore. I would rather dress my age plus you seem toget a lot more respect when dressed appropriately.
Dont get me wrong I still love my J's as I have for the past 20 yrs but I just dont have the time to wear them anymore and dont really follow all thereleases anymore.

my fire is burning out but everytime i say im done i get a feeling where i just want to buy buy buy

Yeah i retired back in December of 06...Never had a relapse. The shoe game just isnt like it was 10years ago. Too many package releases and release dates aretoo close together. Just dont find thrill of getting up 6am on a saturday morning anymore
ohwell.gif

my interested has gone down quite a bit recently.
im not buying shoes just because of their release, im now buying shoes that i feel interest in.

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

Yeah i retired back in December of 06...Never had a relapse. The shoe game just isnt like it was 10years ago. Too many package releases and release dates are too close together. Just dont find thrill of getting up 6am on a saturday morning anymore
ohwell.gif
same here. jb is releasing all these packs because they know after they are all out of packs its all downhill

I'm retiring from JB in 09. I still need cop the motorsport, Chicago XX3, and the Carmines VI. from this yrs. Other than that, everything is a easy pass tome. Hell. I'm looking forward to cop the penny's hybid and the 3's than any of the trash JB is releasing in 09. 09 is going to be a pretty sadyear.

I'm still into shoes, but my purchases have become fewer & further between. There was a stretch where I would buy a new pair every other week (andevery week when I started working full time). Besides obvious factors for my slowdown (age, responsibilities, getting into different hobbies, etc.), there justhaven't been too many pairs out there that spark my interest. I only bought certain CDPs since they included pairs I actually like - no intent ofreselling. Other than CDPs, I've mostly been buying 90's basketball shoes, Air Maxes & Vans as of late. It disappoints me when I see so-called"sneakerheads" buying shoes just to stunt for 2 wears then resell, buying a pair that's not even your size just to sell them for a ridiculousprice, or worst of all, buying them b/c "all the cool kids do it" & having no real knowledge about shoes. It was never a game to me, so I'llstick to buying what I like.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Other things take more of a priority now, however, I'm still into the hobby.

I'm not into the direction its gone, with tons of limited crap.

easy money

Back
Top Bottom