anyone not into shoes anymore?

i think i am

i didnt copp one jordan pack...........not even the 11/12 i thought i cared about all year. i really dont care.

i rather have high end designer kicks over jordans and nikes. i still wear am 95s and other stuff cuz i do go to the gym everyday but when im out i dont loooklike a sneaker head at all i guess.

Never been into Jordans and my interest in Dunks and Air Forces evaporated when the quality and colorways went down the drain around two years ago. Since thenmy interests in footwear have shifted in response to my change in style too. I'm not interested in these loud colorways that, apparently, the marketdemands from these shoe companies. I'm much more interested in the quality of the shoes and the attention to the details.

I still love sneakers but I never bought them a lot in the first place. These days I'm more interested in the rest of my fit than sneakers.

Originally Posted by LAzianBoi

i never even collected shoes.. i just come here for General/Music/ and sometimes piss people off

roll.gif

when i was taking pics of my whole collection, i started doing mental calculations and was shocked/repulsed at the amount of cash that i've spent. sincethen, i've been a little gunshy. still love looking at shoes, just probably going to be even more picky. probably stick to looking for older forces.

I will always be into sneakers, my purchasing however has seen a steep decline. I really can't get with the stuff they release nowadays, don't get mestarted on JB either. The whole "I am a sneakerhead" trend really changed the face of being into kicks too. If I do see something that's ill(which is rare), I still cop.

Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD

I sold most of my collection over the summer, and I'm cool without them.

Had to get my grown man on, so I've replaced JB and Nike with banana republic and express.

Green bean 5's are still my favorite pair, tho.
laugh.gif
i did the same...I went from 250 to like 15...been takingbaby steps and buying more gap clothes and polos and staying away from the $20-30 "urban" tees.

I just can't fathom how people still camp for shoes...the jordan forum is full of diehards that "collect" and take a week off work to get aJ...like they dont go on vacation...they use that time to camp for shoes.
roll.gif

"

Other things take more of a priority now, however, I'm still into the hobby.

I'm not into the direction its gone, with tons of limited crap. Abundance of retros, poorer quality, and a over-saturation of "patent" ONEVERYTHING. I'm also not into fusions or whatever, so it makes my spending (or lack of) easier.

I'm a grown @#% man, so I'm not waiting in line or whatever for shoes. Those days are long gone.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

im done with it. I still like the J's I have, but never wear them anymore. Sometimes I think of selling, but the way things have been re-re-re- retroed, I dont even know if theres a market for what I have.

Honestly, it got to the point where I wanted to look my age and dress appropriately for my age. My taste sort of changed. I mean, if I pull down my Cement III's, I still like them, but I wouldnt want to walk into a family reunion wearing them if that makes any sense
i cant really see myself rocking Jays anymore, maybe in the summer, but rite now i'm rockin my Polo boots and sperrys and thats really all ineed rite now. I love to dress, but some shoes hold some value to me but i'm letting go my grapes (sz.13btw)
tired.gif

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Nope, I love sneakers when I was 10 years old and I still love it today.
and hes 12 now ladies and gentlemen...lol nah im fooling

I stopped buying sneakers years ago. Last pair of shoes i bought that werent to skate in were some chucks. I have better things to spend my money on now anddays, or just banking it for the future.

I appreciate them, but do not go out an buy anymore. Although, I did get a pair of Kobe IV from eastbay to play in.

i have actually been selling off my collection slowly.

yea not so much anymore along with jerseys. Im more into the designer clothing and shoes look now. But i still want most of the hyperdunks

I cop what I like and that about it. I usually make most of my purchases from the Nike outlet. I copped the CDP XI/XII and I haven't copped Js in years.

i dont buy shoes like i used to..back before i had bills i would buy a new pair every time i got paid..but i'm still into them though..

Nah, I'm not done with shoes just yet. I think I will always spend money on Jays or dunks if its worth it but as of right now I'm broke.

Not really a phase of life for me. Ill always be into sneakers, this is a life long passion. That said, its no where near the craziness that it was a few yearsback buying shoes multiple times a week.

But like someone else said, i liked shoes when i was 10, and i liked them when i was 25, and ill like them when im 30.

Havent copped a pair of Jays in like 3 years. I sold my collection, but still own like 50 pairs of sneakers. I wear them rather infrequently. Honestly, I dontgive a *%$* about being the flyest guy in the room anymore. There was a time when I had to be that, but now I'm cool. I'm still suave with it, believethat, but not to the point where I cant walk out the house without a fresh pair of kicks on my feet.

I mean fakes have gotten way out of hand so I just quit buying as many shoes because everyone just asks "what shoeman did you get those from" smh.Still love em though

been doing it for just a little over a decade (started collecting around 97-98)
now im advancing through college, and i just dont have the time or money to go chasing shoes like i did in middle/high school.
it was much easier as a kid when i would get good report cards, get some money for good grades/birthdays/Christmas, and then go out and buy some new J's orAirs
but now money is tight, and im beginning to like different styles. i still love sneaks, but i know when and when not to wear them now, and im getting intohigher end stuff.

i wont go as far to say im not into kicks anymore, but im definitely not obsessive over them or as into them as i was when i was younger.

Back
Top Bottom