Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

i want a copy of the 4k content they show while being displayed

those always look incredible, id play it during parties or something :lol:

yeah but it never looks as sharp streaming from yt

i want to play the full 4k files and I want to look like I am in the Magnolia section of BB :lol:

yeah but it never looks as sharp streaming from yt

i want to play the full 4k files and I want to look like I am in the Magnolia section of BB :lol:
Fam! Mines looks just like BB! Promise you!!! Are you watching 4K HDR demo vids?

What do you guys think of this TV? Worth the price? Might as well go with a QLED?
UN65MU9000FXZA
MU9000_1

WTF @ Vudu and FandangoNow apps dont play 4k content on Sony's Android TV
dahell2.png

Luckily I have Roku +

Have yall been living under a rock?
The type in 4k on the Youtube App on your 4k TV and waa laa crisp 4k vids all day
Been what 5 years now?

Just don’t assume your home content will be the same quality as the demo content played in stores. Those demos are shot with high end equipment and mastered to the fullest for the singular purpose of making the TV look good.

Plenty of review sites out there to do your own research based on practical, everyday use.

B7A came in today. Setting up tomorrow after I’m done moving. Can’t wait!

Where does everyone look at displays then? You just read specs, prices and reviews?
After doing some online research for like a week that's what I did at Best Buy
manny.png

My expectations weren't set to expect the demos being played in the store would be what I got at home (although they did look great at home to me) but at the end of the day I still wanted to a visual :lol:

All I know about the demos is that the employees use custom settings to maximize how the picture looks just for that demo, but it'll look perfect just for that demo. If they were to switch to some other video the picture quality wouldn't look as good

That's the beauty of HDR 10 and Dolby vision. When either is enabled, the tv will constantly calibrating itself scene to scene to maximize the picture. So if there's a dark scene and the director intended it to look gritty, the tv will calibrate itself a certain way, but then if the next scene is colorful and bright it'll calibrate itself again to maximize the colors. At least that's how I understand HDR 10 and Dolby Vision to be.

elpablo21 elpablo21 If I remember correct you said some pages back you were moving towards the 900E also, right?

Yeah, purchased a couple days ago and I'm happy so far with it but a couple issues I've ran into

couple things
-Upscaling Xfinity doesnt look too hot on this imo, I expected this given my research and I'm cutting the cord soon anyways - I havent did too much with calibrating so that might help but dont expect game changing quality if you have Xfinity
-Most of my 4K content is on Vudu or Fandangonow and its pretty dumb those apps on Android TV dont even display 4K at all _ I didnt research this prior to purchase but at least I have my Roku to fall back on
-Not familiar with Android TV, that'll take some getting used to but installing 3rd party apps will seems like it'll be useful moving forward
-HDR content via my Roku looks great, hell everything looks great via my Roku

Yeah, purchased a couple days ago and I'm happy so far with it but a couple issues I've ran into

couple things
-Upscaling Xfinity doesnt look too hot on this imo, I expected this given my research and I'm cutting the cord soon anyways - I havent did too much with calibrating so that might help but dont expect game changing quality if you have Xfinity
-Most of my 4K content is on Vudu or Fandangonow and its pretty dumb those apps on Android TV dont even display 4K at all _ I didnt research this prior to purchase but at least I have my Roku to fall back on
-Not familiar with Android TV, that'll take some getting used to but installing 3rd party apps will seems like it'll be useful moving forward
-HDR content via my Roku looks great, hell everything looks great via my Roku

Go throw Kodi and Terrarium on that bish

Go throw Kodi and Terrarium on that bish
yeah I saw a vid and homie had them installed...didnt even dawn on me the whole time I'm researching the TV I could throw those on there with ease
dwill.png

Also saw an app called Happy Chick on there. I'm late to the game on that one
ohhh.png

I use PSVue, so I wonder how the upscaling will handle it. And I'm used to Android TV because I have a Shield TV in my bedroom.

yeah I saw a vid and homie had them installed...didnt even dawn on me the whole time I'm researching the TV I could throw those on there with ease
dwill.png

Also saw an app called Happy Chick on there. I'm late to the game on that one
ohhh.png

I was looking at that Sony x930. I need it to go on sale asap

Yea im kinda peepin that 930 65” too waiting for a good deal. Im nit sure OLED will come down in price enough to make me jump

Anyone use VUDU? Trying to avoid Blu-rays for 4K movies. Hesitant to rely solely on streaming for 4K content but I really don’t want to have 100s of discs lying around either...

Back
Top Bottom