Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Damn this TV looks good. Reflection is an issue but it was expected. Gonna put some curtains up eventually. Excuse the media console. I got it for my old 50in set and it’s taken a beating after 4 moves... I’ll replace it soon enough
DEC38F6D-3C3A-4F33-9B4F-F8D0B70D857B.jpeg
6494D4EE-9173-4C84-AAE5-E117B16DAAAE.jpeg

I'm laughing but it's really not funny. During all this time of me doing research on different tv's the 900E went up 200 today everywhere.

**** those extended warranties. Last time i got one Best Buy refused to honor is anyways

I've had great experience with it, bought a cpu from them with an extended warranty and it must given out or the hard drive crashed 5 times now and they try and fix it and if they can't they replace it to practically brand new, no questions asked

as tech savvy as you seem, how are you NOT downloading pure 4K content just for this purpose?

a full 70-300GB movie i can understand. but some pure 4K scenery stuff cant be too much to download and put on a flash drive.

im downloading Blade Runner 2049 in UHD right now for my dad. ill look for some good scenery content too.

there are a reason or two why I can't download anymore movies :lol:

I've had great experience with it, bought a cpu from them with an extended warranty and it must given out or the hard drive crashed 5 times now and they try and fix it and if they can't they replace it to practically brand new, no questions asked

get a better VPN client

just too much hassle and really not too much of a big deal in the end so it's not even worth it

My buddy tells me to avoid tvs with 60hz refresh rate due to lag during fast movement (mainly sports) Would this be noticeable at all?

Are you all bold enough to skip getting the extended warranty? Is that a factor when you're buying with price in mind?
I skipped out on it .. I probably should have got it with Oled supposedly having burn in issues..

what's up with that reviewer for tvs Quantum Appotheosis on YouTube? he seems to have a cult following and all he does is talk about the 900E and how Oleds are terrible

**** those extended warranties. Last time i got one Best Buy refused to honor is anyways

Flatscreens killed extended warranties as we knew them.

when they first came out people would buy them and hook up SD signals to them. complain about picture quality, and return them.

i knew people that regularly picked up Open Box tv’s returned for bad picture quality

one family i knew had it down to a science. (i think it was) Sams Club that would put their open box electronics out on Sunday’s.

after a while stores changed their extended warranty policies

I skipped out on it .. I probably should have got it with Oled supposedly having burn in issues..

what's up with that reviewer for tvs Quantum Appotheosis on YouTube? he seems to have a cult following and all he does is talk about the 900E and how Oleds are terrible

Most warranties don't cover OLED burn in afaik they describe it as improper use. Part of the reason I'm wary in the first place

Most warranties don't cover OLED burn in afaik they describe it as improper use. Part of the reason I'm wary in the first place

lol even when I try to force a burn in or image rettention it's damn near impossible on my E7...

I let CNN play on a loop overnight and I still didn't get any.. I played bloodborne for 4 hours and still no burn in.. I think they might have fixed the issue on the newer oleds

Not mad with my 800E purchase so far.

Who has familiarity with this model and hooking up an older video game console? I have my N64 but I'm having trouble getting it to work. Reps and forever appreciation will be had if someone can help! I can take pics of the back of the t.v later tonight if that will help.

Not mad with my 800E purchase so far.

Who has familiarity with this model and hooking up an older video game console? I have my N64 but I'm having trouble getting it to work. Reps and forever appreciation will be had if someone can help! I can take pics of the back of the t.v later tonight if that will help.
if it has components that might be the only way to go... how come you didn't go for the 900E ?

if it has components that might be the only way to go... how come you didn't go for the 900E ?

It does have components, but when I plug them in nothing is computing.

Price point. Wasn't trying to drop well over $1K (before taxes, fees & protection plan) on a t.v. I got the 800E & a 2-year protection for $900.

It does have components, but when I plug them in nothing is computing.

Price point. Wasn't trying to drop well over $1K (before taxes, fees & protection plan) on a t.v. I got the 800E & a 2-year protection for $900.
lol protection plans are useless ! extra 100 would've got you a really big upgrade on the 900E. save money or sell something .. the upgrade is well worth it

lol protection plans are useless ! extra 100 would've got you a really big upgrade on the 900E. save money or sell something .. the upgrade is well worth it

I hear ya. I also really didn't care that much :lol: . Only thing I'm regretting is the fact that I ordered it through Best Buy and they caused me the headache of all headaches.

Im glad somebody is. The stand for a tv i had broke randomly and theu refused to honor the warranty.

So if you guys are telling me to avoid samsung, what other brand should I look into? In the market for a 65 inch tv. Price range eh, anywhere between $1500 and $2100 (total after tax).

So if you guys are telling me to avoid samsung, what other brand should I look into? In the market for a 65 inch tv. Price range eh, anywhere between $1500 and $2100 (total after tax).

OLED is the new, better, more efficient tech.

its also proprietary.
Samsung is being stubborn by not adopting it, which is where QLED comes from.

Samsung knows damn well QLED is not on OLED level, but they’re betting on the consumer that dont know or dont care.

its not that Samsung as a brand is ‘bad’ really

if i were you id follow the TECH, then find a good brand to give you that tech

I honestly never had an issue with Samsung, QLED sounds like a wannabe OLED (and it is for marketing purposes) but it's gotten good reviews too. You save a few hundreds with against comparable OLED and it is up to you to see which works for you. OLED is still superior but I honestly think QLED will work just as well for about 98% of people.

Because he had an LG oled and had issues with the tv and their customer service.

With extended warranties used em in the past...

Now I just rather buy another one if said product dies before manufacturer warranty (TV,monitor,phone)

Back
Top Bottom