Another tipping thread.

Had to rant. I was waiting for my check for a long while. When I got it, I was in a hurry, forgot, and left the tip blank. Waiter comes at me confrontational asking if the service was horrible. I was confused at that moment; but I intended on writing the tip on the receipt until the waiter further escalated saying, "People like you need to learn how to tip." Super awkward in front of the whole restaurant and family.

That is horrible man.

Not sure why waiters feel they can question someone about how they spent their mkney.

What is the name of the spot and waiters name?

That is horrible man.

Not sure why waiters feel they can question someone about how they spent their mkney.

Yeah I’ll call and complain and say I was there and was eating
When it happened
And that it was unprofessional
And that I won’t be going to that restaurant anymore
Name of place???

That is horrible man.

Yeah I’ll call and complain and say I was there and was eating
When it happened
And that it was unprofessional
And that I won’t be going to that restaurant anymore
Name of place???

Last edited by a moderator:
And where did this take place?

In the lobby?
Near your table?
In the parking lot?

How agressive was this dude?

And your family was there?

Texas Roadhouse Miami Flagler. Guy's name was Peter
C50A1F66-05B9-45B5-A2CD-569AFF8D0A64.png

They closed
I’ll be on it tomorrow
I got u
We gotta stick together

Why is ANY assumption made about someone's education level due to them working as a waiter?

:lol: Exactly

:lol: I thought we were better than the, "If you don't want to tip, eat at home" logic?
you are right. just depends on their age as well. i understand respect is earned and given away. however, at times, that picking and choosing can get complicated, especially over something trivial. if the waiter is being an ******* that's one thing, but, if they are doing their job, that should suffice.

If you don't want to tip, just say you are a cheap person and admit. this whole justifying why you don't pay a couple extra bucks is nonsense and it feels like a cover up. frankly, if you don't want to tip, then go you shouldn't eat out and learn to cook at home. but i digress, after all, it is the US, and people truly take freedom of speech to the extremes and abuse it.

Never let anyone pressure you for a tip. One time I ordered Chinese from a spot that has free delivery over $15. Guy showed up more than an hour and a half late, hands me my food, and then he has the nerve to raise his voice and say "No tip??" I told him he has 5 secs to **** my steps.

I haven't ordered from there again, but if your employees are going to make demands then just charge me for the delivery. I don't mind paying a fee, skip the false advertising.

all this for a couple bucks. petty has reached new lows.

To be fair. I’d say the server was the initial petty party in terms of calling him out and putting him on blast in front of everyone. I don’t know if the guy was really going to tip or not. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, but either way as a server you don’t do crap like that. Sends a horrible message, especially with other customers around seeing that’s how employees at that place conduct themselves. The server should be fired or retrained.

To be fair. I’d say the server was the initial petty party in terms of calling him out and putting him on blast in front of everyone. I don’t know if the guy was really going to tip or not. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, but either way as a server you don’t do crap like that. Sends a horrible message, especially with other customers around seeing that’s how employees at that place conduct themselves. The server should be fired or retrained.
I am talking about calling the business and complaining along with writing bad reviews and ultimately possibly costing him the job. I dislike the harassment from waiters and staff for not tipping. it has happened to me before, but I just move on. I am not going to go into full on tactical bombardment :lol:

This is similar to those white people getting on the phone and bothering people. just move on and get over it. seems like a waste of energy. but I guess I am mistaken since this crusade seems worth encompassing for naughty.

I am talking about calling the business and complaining along with writing bad reviews and ultimately possibly costing him the job. I dislike the harassment from waiters and staff for not tipping. it has happened to me before, but I just move on. I am not going to go into full on tactical bombardment :lol:

This is similar to those white people getting on the phone and bothering people. just move on and get over it. seems like a waste of energy. but I guess I am mistaken since this crusade seems worth encompassing for naughty.

I’m not a big fan of yelp and reviews in that it opens the door to be an outlet to settle scores rather than do what their intended purpose is.

That said while it’s not Naughys place to do the bidding for him. If what the op said happened really happened, I wouldn’t view him in a negative way if he complained to management or left a bad review because the server was in the wrong.

Your permit patty, “let me talk to your manager” types love to reach and blow things out of proportion, but when it’s a legit complaint or issue, the person is within reason to complain.

If it was a smaller ran mom and pop place though, I’d suggest contacting them privately instead of writing a nasty review. A big chain restaurant can handle negative reviews while those can be much more damaging to a smaller place.

Back
Top Bottom