Another tipping thread.

So think about the logic here.

We tip someone that brings our food to the table but WTF a situation where someone made sure we stayed alive?

In general, why DON'T we tip pilots? (And other service men /women that that care care of our lives)

Think about it logically

Because it’s not common practice to tip them. Pilots would be swimming in tips if all those passengers tipped them after every flight.

Tips usually exist to supplement a low(er) salary/pay.

By your logic surgeons, therapists, and automotive engineers should be tipped too.

Because it’s not common practice to tip them. Pilots would be swimming in tips if all those passengers tipped them after every flight.
But when people ATTEMPT to make tipping into a moral thing, salary shouldn't really matter. If someone is doing you right, they should get tipped. Regardless of the salary.

Tips usually exist to supplement a low(er) salary.
Of course but I still feel we (in part) use this logic to make us feel good about ourselves.

So just to be clear, tipping is only morally correct when you are supplementing the income of someone that is being shafted by their employer? (Thanks to employers being allowed to do so)

Tipping is trash. Subsidizing employers. Would rather pay $20 for a meal and everyone that works there gets paid fairly than pay $15 and tip $5. Shouldn’t have to tip someone to do their job. They aren’t kid getting prizes for finishing chores. Find the whole procsss demeaning.

Feel the same way about sales and commissions though. An entire company does great work to create products nowadays and the sales guy gets commission for being the tip of the iceberg. It’s trash way of doing business.

#tipthebill challenge is a hastag, kats tipping 100% gratuity so they can flex on social media, if you ever doubted tipping was about making yourself feel some kind of way

#tipthebill challenge is a hastag, kats tipping 100% gratuity so they can flex on social media, if you ever doubted tipping was about making yourself feel some kind of way
Yea folks won't admit to it man. It is what it is though

Thai spot. Bro always hooking me up so he gets big tips. Free drink today lol

Wings, chicken fried rice, spring rolls incoming.

Hope y'all eating good today.

D01EF2AE-BF08-41BA-AC65-05B121B5A28C.jpeg

Is this REALLY a tip if both parties are benefitting from it?

What do you think nawghtyhare nawghtyhare ?

Yeah if you make the food thread the food and tipping thread it'll eventually get locked or a lot of posts deleted or both.

We already have enough tangents with the mysteries of what too much pepper can do to you and dudes who throw away their leftovers instead of giving it to the homeless.

Last edited:
not everyone has the privilege of attending school. you don't know their, why you looking down on people in the service industry.
Why is ANY assumption made about someone's education level due to them working as a waiter?

Trash logic.

My wife makes 6 figures and works 4 days a week at a nice restaurant.

:lol: Exactly

if you don't like the system then dont participate in it. it's like complaining about the system and not doing anything about it.

but this goes beyond tipping. i think you are just being cheap, like you test driving cookies and that story about theater :lol:
:lol: I thought we were better than the, "If you don't want to tip, eat at home" logic?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom