Angelina Jolie to play Cleopatra Vol. smh

btk

alg_cleopatra_jolie.jpg

Another attempt from Hollywood to retell a false history by replacing the main with a white person. 
mad.gif

http://www.nydailynews.co...eopatra_in_upcoming.html

No need to be bothered by the expected man. It is sad but oh well. Just don't support it if you have an issue with it. Like I was trying to explain to people that were upset that the Karate Kid wasn't named Kung-Fu kid. Why get bothered by it if you KNOW their motive is to make $$$$$$$$$$. No need to waste your negative energy.

laugh.gif
@ Betty White.

"I don't care how full Angelina Jolie's lips are, how many African children she adopts, or how bronzed her skin will become for the film," Shirea Carroll wrote in an editorial for Essence.com.

"I firmly believe this role should have gone to a Black woman...What's next? A biopic on Sojourner Truth played by Betty White?"

No need to be bothered by the expected man. It is sad but oh well. Just don't support it if you have an issue with it. Like I was trying to explain to people that were upset that the Karate Kid wasn't named Kung-Fu kid. Why get bothered by it if you KNOW their motive is to make $$$$$$$$$$. No need to waste your negative energy.

laugh.gif
@ Betty White.

"I don't care how full Angelina Jolie's lips are, how many African children she adopts, or how bronzed her skin will become for the film," Shirea Carroll wrote in an editorial for Essence.com.

"I firmly believe this role should have gone to a Black woman...What's next? A biopic on Sojourner Truth played by Betty White?"

When will people understand Hollywood is all about $$$$$$$?
Then you wouldnt be so surprised at their lack of integrity.

When will people understand Hollywood is all about $$$$$$$?
Then you wouldnt be so surprised at their lack of integrity.

Something that I read a while back:
"Although most evidence points to her ethnicity as being Greek, there are those who believe she was from black African descent, even though there is little proof of that"

Something that I read a while back:
"Although most evidence points to her ethnicity as being Greek, there are those who believe she was from black African descent, even though there is little proof of that"

Cleopatra in the past has always been played by people of Middle Eastern or Caucasian decent

Cleopatra in the past has always been played by people of Middle Eastern or Caucasian decent

I understand the controversy, but was Cleopatra dark skinned? Serious question, because I understand that the people in Africa above the Sahara are light skinned, and the sub Saharan Africans have the dark skin. I might be wrong.

They should have cast Zoe Saldana and just avoided the controversy, unless that's what they want.

I understand the controversy, but was Cleopatra dark skinned? Serious question, because I understand that the people in Africa above the Sahara are light skinned, and the sub Saharan Africans have the dark skin. I might be wrong.

They should have cast Zoe Saldana and just avoided the controversy, unless that's what they want.

[h3]
[/h3]
are you %%%+#$% %$$?

She's an excellent actress.

No one knows for sure, but we can all assume she wasn't anywhere close to having light skin.

[h3]
[/h3]
are you %%%+#$% %$$?

She's an excellent actress.

No one knows for sure, but we can all assume she wasn't anywhere close to having light skin.

So what's the controversy? The fact that the cast a white woman, or a white looking woman?

If they cast Rashida Jones (a very light skinned Black woman) is there a controversy?

So what's the controversy? The fact that the cast a white woman, or a white looking woman?

If they cast Rashida Jones (a very light skinned Black woman) is there a controversy?

Real relaxed, readin real loves stories like
Ceaser and Cleopatra, we need another actress to play her
Cause Liz Taylor's hot, but the Egyptian queen
On the movie screen needs to be portrayed in a proper flava

-Nas

Real relaxed, readin real loves stories like
Ceaser and Cleopatra, we need another actress to play her
Cause Liz Taylor's hot, but the Egyptian queen
On the movie screen needs to be portrayed in a proper flava

-Nas

Back
Top Bottom