Anfernee Hardaway or Tracy McGrady Vol. #1 in Orlando

laugh.gif
  when the hell did kobe ever shutdown the other teams best player?

i remember iverson hitting 48 on the lakers
starbury hittin 48

and after shaq arenas hit 60

laugh.gif

starbury hittin 48

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

laugh.gif

starbury hittin 48

You dont make the NBA All-Defensive team 10 times if you're not a great defender

laugh.gif

starbury hittin 48

You dont make the NBA All-Defensive team 10 times if you're not a great defender

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

laugh.gif

starbury hittin 48

laugh.gif
Care to explain why Wade gets more DPOY votes than Kobe, but Kobe makes the team over Wade?

laugh.gif

starbury hittin 48

laugh.gif
Care to explain why Wade gets more DPOY votes than Kobe, but Kobe makes the team over Wade?

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif

starbury hittin 48

laugh.gif

sure some might be politics, but you cant deny his defensive skills.. anyways...

people keep saying tmac was better cause kobe had shaq. do you realize how many shots shaq took the years they were together? means if shaq took half of the shots on offensive, kobe had less shots, yet still averaged almost as much as tmac who could do whatever he wanted on offense with the magic. 

talent wise he might have been better than penny, but penny had more success as a player in orlando.. imo he was more creative and fun to watch. but both were different type of players. penny was more of a pointguard with a lot of off gaurd skills.. tmac was the opposite.. a 2 guard with pointguard skills

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif

starbury hittin 48

laugh.gif

sure some might be politics, but you cant deny his defensive skills.. anyways...

people keep saying tmac was better cause kobe had shaq. do you realize how many shots shaq took the years they were together? means if shaq took half of the shots on offensive, kobe had less shots, yet still averaged almost as much as tmac who could do whatever he wanted on offense with the magic. 

talent wise he might have been better than penny, but penny had more success as a player in orlando.. imo he was more creative and fun to watch. but both were different type of players. penny was more of a pointguard with a lot of off gaurd skills.. tmac was the opposite.. a 2 guard with pointguard skills

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

What kind of reasoning is that in the bold?
laugh.gif

Yeah, T-Mac ain't stupid enough to keep shooting when he's double and triple teamed. And you think the defense was geared at stopping Kobe when Shaq was around?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

What kind of reasoning is that in the bold?
laugh.gif

Yeah, T-Mac ain't stupid enough to keep shooting when he's double and triple teamed. And you think the defense was geared at stopping Kobe when Shaq was around?
laugh.gif

You don't know what you're talking about. Kobe used MORE possessions than Shaq, not less.

9uqgiq.jpg

Third in the league and not that far behind T-Mac, so let's stop acting like poor Kobe couldn't get the ball on offense.

You don't know what you're talking about. Kobe used MORE possessions than Shaq, not less.

9uqgiq.jpg

Third in the league and not that far behind T-Mac, so let's stop acting like poor Kobe couldn't get the ball on offense.

Hard to compare because Hardaway had Shaq and if he didn't, his number would have been higher. But if I gotta go with somebody, I got to say T-Mac.

Hard to compare because Hardaway had Shaq and if he didn't, his number would have been higher. But if I gotta go with somebody, I got to say T-Mac.

I remember when people used to think T-Mac > Kobe....As soon as Shaq left, that changed. Hmmmm, wonder why?

As far as defense is concerned, I guess people forget how good of a lockdown Defender Kobe was almost all of his career until arguably these last two seasons that his right knee is done. Kobe plays better defense than T-mac with his eyes closed.

If I could have both T-Mac & Penny in their prime, I'd take Penny. He's just a better all around player while T-Mac was a scorer, that's about all he did.

I remember when people used to think T-Mac > Kobe....As soon as Shaq left, that changed. Hmmmm, wonder why?

As far as defense is concerned, I guess people forget how good of a lockdown Defender Kobe was almost all of his career until arguably these last two seasons that his right knee is done. Kobe plays better defense than T-mac with his eyes closed.

If I could have both T-Mac & Penny in their prime, I'd take Penny. He's just a better all around player while T-Mac was a scorer, that's about all he did.

Never could see why people compare Kobe and T-Mac. Especially since the title states Anfernee Hardaway or Tracy McGrady lol...but for the sake of argument, Kobe > T-Mac anyday of the week. Put Kobe in the east back then with no Shaq and he's getting out of the 1st round guaranteed. His stats (excluding assists) or probably higher, no other dominant player to share the ball with, he would be doing damage. T-Mac comes out west, has Yao (though he's no Shaq) still top 5 center in league during their tenure together and when they do advance, T-Mac is injured. T-Mac had 3 niiice years. Kobe has had a niiiice career. Taking nothing away from T-Mac because he could've went down as one of thee greatest to play, but he's no Kobe Bryant.
With that said, I'm taking Penny Hardaway over T-Mac. Penny played in the East when it actually meant something. Bulls, Heat, Knicks. T-Mac played in the East when the only team worth watching besides T-Mac is the 76ers mainly in part of A.I. Though I give T-Mac the athleticism over Penny, that's all I give him. A lot of people are looking at PPG and saying, "Tmac" but they're not looking at everything. T-Mac never was a good defender, and he didn't seem like he was working to improve, just going off of raw talent, which he had. Penny always was super humble and seemed like he wanted to be a better basketball player. Injuries robbed them both so we won't ever get to see how good each might've been. T-Mac was a beast, but I'm going with Penny.

Great thread by the way.
pimp.gif

Never could see why people compare Kobe and T-Mac. Especially since the title states Anfernee Hardaway or Tracy McGrady lol...but for the sake of argument, Kobe > T-Mac anyday of the week. Put Kobe in the east back then with no Shaq and he's getting out of the 1st round guaranteed. His stats (excluding assists) or probably higher, no other dominant player to share the ball with, he would be doing damage. T-Mac comes out west, has Yao (though he's no Shaq) still top 5 center in league during their tenure together and when they do advance, T-Mac is injured. T-Mac had 3 niiice years. Kobe has had a niiiice career. Taking nothing away from T-Mac because he could've went down as one of thee greatest to play, but he's no Kobe Bryant.
With that said, I'm taking Penny Hardaway over T-Mac. Penny played in the East when it actually meant something. Bulls, Heat, Knicks. T-Mac played in the East when the only team worth watching besides T-Mac is the 76ers mainly in part of A.I. Though I give T-Mac the athleticism over Penny, that's all I give him. A lot of people are looking at PPG and saying, "Tmac" but they're not looking at everything. T-Mac never was a good defender, and he didn't seem like he was working to improve, just going off of raw talent, which he had. Penny always was super humble and seemed like he wanted to be a better basketball player. Injuries robbed them both so we won't ever get to see how good each might've been. T-Mac was a beast, but I'm going with Penny.

Great thread by the way.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom