and we're done

An update came later that said Smith originally did agree to a four-year deal, but later opted for three years to become a free agent again sooner.

That’s a pretty big difference, though — not only in terms of the total value of the deal, but also in the lack of a fourth year the team would potentially be on the hook for down the line.

As mentioned in the Times story, it speaks to the famously (and unnecessarily) secretive Knicks organization that it took this long for these details to be revealed. But either way, if Smith’s knees are indeed something to be concerned about in the future, having him under contract for three years instead of four is definitely advantageous for the New York franchise.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....ct-with-the-knicks-is-only-for-three-seasons/

2015 is gonna be a hot Summer. :pimp:

Last edited:
Isola should be on ESPN the hack that he is.

I actually want World Peace on the back of Ron's jersey. Will be copped for sure. Maybe in orange if and when they release the alts.

Shump - he's gonna get more touches now and will be better, him and MWP probably the best 2-3 defenders in league

I honestly think the Knicks have the best starting defensive wing players in the league. I can't think of another team with better defensive starting wing.

Closets team I can come up with would be Memphis. Toney Allen and Tayshaun Prince, but Prince has lost a step or two since those championship Piston days.

Last edited:
artest gotta play lebron like diaw did, forcing him to shoot cause lebron will blow right by him otherwise

laker fans :lol: :smh:

Metta World Peace
“@RFeltonGBMS: @MettaWorldPeace Welcome to @nyknicks ‪#‎KnicksTape‬”

Thanks my nig

Last edited:
Knicks gotta get another point guard I would love to get brooks but don't kno if he would take that minimum..smh damn amare and that 100 mill

This LA talk is so ******g infuriating. That **** is not happening. Why would he leave the city that he's damn near the king of to go to a Laker team that is almost as bad as we were 4-5 years ago. Kobe is phenomenal though :smokin

Just imagine how :x that would me with Melo and Kobe on the same team. Those dudes would combine for 60 plus shot attempts per game; just outside the paint.

Wasn't Kobe suppose to teach Dwight how to win a championship as well. - that didn't turn out to well lol. Some guys just cannot play with Kobe, sorry. Some Lakers fans reaching, even tho most don't want Melo.

Rare Photos of Metta World Peace

Ron Artest
The man formally known as Ron Artest (which is how we'll refer to him for the rest of this gallery) was born and raised in the Queensbridge projects in Queens, N.Y. and played high school ball at La Salle Academy, a private school in Manhattan. Artest was a McDonald's All-America selection and New York City's Co-Player of the Year after leading his team to a 27-0 record.

Ron Artest
After St. John's coach Fran Fraschilla caught one of Artest's AAU games, he recuited the Queens native to play for the Red Storm. Artest had a strong freshman year, averaging 11.6 points and 6.3 rebounds per game, and made the Big East's All-Rookie and All-Tournament teams. The Red Storm went 22-10 and advanced to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1993.

St. John's Red Storm
After Artest's freshman year, St. John's fired Fraschilla and replaced him with Mike Jarvis. Artest played well for Jarvis, averaging just under 15 points per game to go along with six rebounds and four assists. In this photo, Tarik Turner (left), Zendon Hamilton (second from left) and Artest (holding his daughter) cheer after it was announced that the Red Storm were a No. 7 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Ron Artest
St. John's advanced to the Regional Finals for the first time in eight years and Artest was voted First-Team All-Big East and a finalist for the Wooden Award as the top college player. After the season, he announced his departure for the pros.

Ron Artest and Kimisha Hatfield
After announcing he'd go pro, Artest posed with his girlfriend, Kimisha Hatfield, outside the Jacob A. Riis center in Queens.

Ron Artest
Artest was suspended for the remainder of the 2004-05 season after the famous Pacers-Pistons brawl in Detroit. During his downtime, Artest appeared on NBC's "Today Show" to promote his rap album.

Larry Bird and Ron Artest
Artest poses with Pacers team president Larry Bird before the 2005-06 season. A few weeks later, Artest demanded a trade and was placed on the inactive roster before being shipped to Sacramento for Peja Stojakovic

Ron Artest and Brandy
Artest with Brandy at a party in New York City to celebrate Swizz Beatz's birthday.

Ron Artest
Artest stands with his wife, Kimsha, and Henry Carter, Chairman and CEO of Wheelchair Charities, and several kids during a news conference for the All-Star Classic for Wheelchair Charities at Madison Square Garden.

Ron Artest
Artest shows off his jump shot to a group of young Chinese hoopsters at a basketball clinic in Quanzhou, Fujian Province of China.

Ron Artest
Artest visits Hangzhou during his trip to the Zhejiang Province of China.

officially signs with the knicks

Last edited:
One of my real good friends was the PG on that La Salle team. 14 years too late, but still a good signing by the Knicks. He'll really help when it comes time to face physical front courts of teams like Indy and Chicago. Just gotta hope that he's hitting his 3's. Always an adventure when Ron shoots :lol:

*edit*

Just came across this on deadspin:

If true... :smh:

Last edited:
Lakers fans are bugging.:lol:

Melo looks good in the Lakers Jersey though, can't lie.:lol:

Us dark skinned people always look good in bright colors :pimp:

Melo gotta crib in LA, tho.
hes a millionaire man, im sure hes got houses all over the world.

I dont want to see another photo of Melo rockin any other jersey than syracuse or Knicks. Anything else is just disrespectful.

Did anyone else hear the story about Dolan wanting to trade Shump bc he's not playing sunmer league anymore?

Would anyone be on board for Mike Miller after being amnestied by the Heat?

Yes he's old and he gets injured too often, but its clear that he shows up when the moment is needed. During the most recent Finals run, dude clearly made the right plays and made the shot when his team was going cold and needed a spark in the most dire situation.

Back
Top Bottom